• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. GEMorris

Cracked Plastic Snaps on Trim

Ok, the plastic snaps that keep your door trim on, is there a way to replace these if they snap? I've got OEM black trim that I'd like to swap for my stock chrome trim, but my black trim has several of the little attachment snaps broken off.
  2. GEMorris

Eastern Tennessee / NW Georgia Junkyards?

Reposting here because 1. apparently it's ok, see southern cali jy thread, and 2. my post in off-topic got no responses. Going to eastern TN next week, was wondering if there are any decent PnP junkyards in that area. I'll drive all the way to nashville if I have to (going to chatanooga)...
  3. GEMorris

CBV Replaced, still getting funky sound.

Ok, I got the tags put back on the 244 this morning (lost them for a month due to insurance lapse) and it was the first time I got to try out my new saab cbv. I'm not getting as much of the wastegatey/surge sound, but it's still definitely there. Is this a normal sound (it's a pulsing sound, I...
  4. GEMorris

850 +t ?

Sorry if this has been asked before, i did do a search. Supposedly swapping an M56 into an 850 is a nightmare, some guy sells a kit but it's $2500 freaking dollars. So my question is, would it be easier to +T a n/a 5-speed 850? Anyone done it? I searched at volvospeed as well, didn't come up...
  5. GEMorris

Pinging or Exhaust Leak? Timing Adjust doesnt help....

First off, I don't have a timing light, I've been trying to do this manually. The timing was set almost all the way clockwise, which makes me think some shop advanced it to get the idle up at some point. I am operating under the assumption that rotating the distributor clockwise advances...
  6. GEMorris

T3 Sucking Sound off-throttle

Could be because I'm such a turbo noob, but when I lef off the gas I hear a loud sucking, like say if you put a vaccum cleaner hose up against your skin and then peeled it off. I want to make sure this isn't part of a bigger problem. I'm running a t3 with a cbv, vac hose has a one way valve in...
  7. GEMorris

Chalk up another +T

+T is, aside from a few tidying up things, done. 740 DP was mated up with my exhaust system Tuesday and I turned up the boost early this morning when leaving studio. From what I figure I'm making about 3-4lbs right now. about 1/4 -1/3 into the yellow on the stock guage. I can tell a definite...
  8. GEMorris

+T Grinding noise hear over sound of open dp

Ok, first off this weekend I've been finishing up my +T, got everything hooked up, had wastegate actuator as open as it could get, the whole time the following story happens the car never went about 3k rpms and the boost guage never got out of the black, so I'm assuming I was sucessful at...
  9. GEMorris

RX-7 Brake Upgrade on all 4?

Ok, I've got me some spare strut towers and control arms to modify while the originals are still on the car, doing coilovers and boxing in the control arms, thinking about doing brakes as well. Question is 2 parts. 1. Do the 2nd gen RX-7 brakes have 1 or 2 brake lines running to them? I know...
  10. GEMorris

Oil Cooler Temperatures?

I just got my oil cooler and sandwich plate installed today, and then drove about 90 miles. I get out, check the temp of the oil cooler with my hand, and it's cold. The lines are cold. The oil filter is hot. I'm guessing the oil cooler doesnt work well enough to make the lines cold too, I'm...
  11. GEMorris

Slight Knock on the road to +T

Hey guys, need some help. I'm working on my 88 244 LH 2.2 that I'm +Ting this week. So far I have done all the electrical work. I moved the ignition box to the drivers side of the car, I cut the AMM connector and pulled those wires out of the harness and soldered it back up (so I can move the...
  12. GEMorris

PCV, Flame Trap, Etc +T Questions

Hey guys, I'm actually working on my +T now that I have my 240 back. Today I got the resistor pack soldered in, but my intake manifold was so god awful filthy I'm letting it soak overnight. I do have a few questions about what I think is the PCV hose, I've been basing a lot of my knowledge off...
  13. GEMorris

Rally Benchracing

Considering my +T project *should* be done in the next few weeks, I've been looking at my options. My criterion are: 1. I want to race rally or rallycross 2. I don't have much money Now a normal person would look at these and say they are mutually exclusive criteria, but I don't pay much...
  14. GEMorris

Wheel care & painting

Well, I figured this would be the best place for me to ask my noob questions about painting wheels etc. I have access to a bead blaster cabinet at school, I'm assuming I should start there and blast the wheels clean. Do I need to etch before I paint, what exactly is the best process? What...
  15. GEMorris

Turbo Manifold Bolts?

Ok, the bolts that hold the turbo to the exhaust manifold, what kind of socket or wrench do I need to get these things off? Obviously a normal socket isn't going to do the job. Thanks
  16. GEMorris

Oh no, not another oil cooler/feed/return thread

Ok folks, these answers did not arise in over an hour of searching and reading old threads. Please help me out. In case anyone is new I am getting SS lines made for me by my uncle for free, so I have to send him fitting measurements etc. The good news is the return is figured out, tapped my...
  17. GEMorris

A/C Options

Ok, on my 244 the AC doesn't currently work, big suprise I know. I do know that when my fiance owned the car and had it looked at she was told the compressor was bad. I was also told that when the compressor goes it's usually because the condensor already went. I also don't know if the car...
  18. GEMorris

Intercooler Mounting problem

Ok, working on getting some of the mechanical parts in for my +T. I got the lower and upper mounting brackets for the radiator/intercooler from a 740 donor car. Problem I'm having is the lower brackets fit fine with a little tweaking as per Aspirator's instructions on his site, but the upper...
  19. GEMorris

noobler wiring harness questions (2.2)

(if this goes in maintenance my apologies) Ok, I've been preparing the parts for my +T on my 88 244, after meeting Fidel and blkaplan and talking to them about it I had more information but was still confused. Since prior to owning this car I've never did much car work, I thought the ignition...
  20. GEMorris

Hose lengths?

I'm doing a +T and my uncle offered to make hoses for me at work. He makes hydraulic hoses that are braided stainless steel on the outside. What I need to know is the lengths of the hoses in the system and the fittings that go on them. Searches have availed nothing. Anyone know if this info...
Back