• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. P

240 Replacing B pillar trim

We bought new b pillar trim for our 93 244. Got things somewhat disassembled and now realize we don't know how to get the seatbelt through the hole in the new trim. Old one was all cracked so it just pulled right off. One end has the buckle seen in and it doesn't seem like we can get it through...
  2. P

"Penny" the 93 244 L33 Swap, aka "what have we gotten in to"

My wife and I have been Volvo people for quite a while. I bought my first car from my grandmother for $100 (a steal!), a 1994 940 Turbo Wagon, in teal. It was eventually wrecked, as I was an idiot in my younger years. Next was a 1992 940 Turbo I bought from someone here. I thought it was...
  3. P

940 Crankshaft Pulley Went AWOL

Wife noted car seemed a bit louder this week. I noticed it as well, gave the engine bay a cursory glance, and moved on, figured something was just rattling around. Noticed the car boosted to 10 PSI on the nose instead of 15 PSI... Again checked the bay, checked the MBC (it didn't work itself...
  4. P

940 Pintle cap fell into injector port

So I needed to fix a leaking injector in order to pass inspection. Noticed that one (non-leaking) injector had the plastic hard washer sitting NEXT to the port after I removed the injector. The rubber o-ring was sitting in the port... I *think* I heard the pintle cap fall into the port when I...
  5. P

Best way to remove a stuck hose clamp

There's a hose clamp on my fiance's 240 with a comletely stripped hex bolt in it. It's not the "normal" geared hose clamps I'm used to on my 940, it's the kind that have a smooth band and a small hex screw that go through two lips on the side. Right now, it's holding the PCV return hose onto...
  6. P

940 Oil oil everywhere

edit// read third post down, oil is coming from the oil pipe below the turbo (turbo oil return, I assume(?)) and coating the entire underside of the car. What do? So I've been going through an excessive amount of oil. After a 20 minute mostly highway drive, there was oil dripping from the...
  7. P

940 Intermittent poor running/idle

Coming home from work today, car started acting funny out of the blue. It has done this exactly once before, but cured itself for ~6 months without me doing anything: Car has no power. You can hear and feel this. Pressing harder than you should have to on the gas pedal just results in more...
  8. P

940 Intermittent no power/stalling

Have had no problems with my '94 944T lately, I guess the car decided it's been too long since I've been under the hood... On the way home from work (tonight), I got on the freeway and everything was fine. It did stumble a bit once while accelerating at the on-ramp, but I didn't think much of...
  9. P

940 Need quick help with browntop installation issues.

So I got 4 "tested" browntops on ebay, with new orings. Was super happy that I managed to swap them with my old greentops quickly, with no problems.... Until I started up the car and the one injector was leaking like a sieve. Since then I've taken the damn thing out about 5 times, tried...
  10. P

The Real Hoopties of New Jersey 2011

Anyone planning on going to this? I think I'll be going, seems like it'd be a good time - and it'd be great to meet some fellow tbrickers there. If just spectating, do most go for both days or just the second day when the winner is decided? Anyway, I'll be leaving from Bucks County, if anyone...
  11. P

940 Coolant pressure/boost pressure

A quick question or two about a few things that have been bothering me. Car is a '92 944T with a 15g/3" exhaust/TLAO chips (well, only fuel chip atm, just installed today). 1) I know this is an often-asked newbie type question, but I'm going to ask it anyway ;p. Just installed Mike's fuel...
  12. P

940 Noise coming from vents?

Not sure if I should've posted this in my other thread, but it's a different topic... Anyway, over ~60mph on the highway, a terrible noise comes from the dash. It's like the wind howling or something through the vents. Not exactly sure how to describe it better. Seems to not matter on the...
  13. P

940 Split coolant hose

Alright. Have a '94 944T w/ a 15g on it @ 15psi. The other day, I thought I saw smoke from the engine bay, and when I got home (only a mile or two), the efan stayed on for a minute after the car was turned off, which is decidedly odd this time of year (at least, I've never heard it do it, so I...
  14. P

940 Odd boost problems...

I'm slowly getting my (new to me) '92 944T back to the way it should be. However, it's got a serious problem with boost. Sometimes the boost will go straight to 10psi, and the car will act like it should. Other times, it will only go to around 5psi and slowly get to ~10psi after a few seconds...
  15. P

940 Lots of pressure in coolant tank?

So today I was trying to pressure-test the intake to check for boost leaks. I didn't have time to get very far. Anyway, after reconnecting everything (PCV and AMM hose), I noticed there was no coolant in the expansion tank. I went to open the tank and coolant started barfing out, lots of...
  16. P

240 Replaced alternator, still having issues.

So my girl's car wouldn't start the other day. Got a jump, made it a bit down the road and then the ABS and SRS lights came on, and the car seemed to slowly lose electrical power. By the time we got home, the car was on it's last legs, surging and sputtering. Checked the battery with a...
  17. P

940 "New" car, a few stage 0/random questions...

So I'm back. Haven't been on this board much since high school (other than a few random times for the girlfriend's car troubles). Finally bought a '92 944T, as shown here: http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=134872 The guy I bought it from (esunbaboon) claims that the compression...
  18. P

240 244 left rear light panel issues

The rear left side lights on my girlfriends 244 are acting up. The drivers side two red lights don't turn on with the headlights (the passenger side is fine). They DO go on when the brakes are hit. All the bulbs/holders look fine, I really have no idea what the problem is. She's going back...
  19. P

Soft/low brake pedal

The 700/900 FAQ mentions that new brake pads are a cause of a soft + low brake pedal, and that it'll go away after a while. I did put pads on the car, but they were from a junkyard anyway, would this still cause it ? The brakes worked fine before, but after my lil accident I had to replace a...
  20. P

Nitrous

What kind of shot could my 94 945T handle with stock LH ? Any suggestions on wet/dry kits etc ?
Back