• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. thessejway

Jesse's 945 Turbo

Here’s a little peek into something I’ve been working on. I’ll have to update this thread soon
  2. thessejway

Hacked III: Third Time's The Charm (M90 940 Edition) (prev. Hacked II)

For the love of god! Please don’t swap an aw71 into this car. It will be way more effort than it is worth. You would be better off finding someone with an auto car that wants a manual and doing a full car swap. Most people who have an auto want to swap in a manual, you’ll save both parties a ton...
  3. thessejway

940 Starter Relay Install - 1993 940 turbo

Interesting discovery today… scrap all this, turns out the brass battery disconnect adaptor I have been using was all oxidized and therefore not making a strong enough connection on the negative battery terminal. I’m happy that it ended up being a simple problem to fix, but I could only laugh at...
  4. thessejway

SquareD's slow and steady 945 tarbo project

Congrats on the sale! I’d say it was a pretty successful result
  5. thessejway

makes sense to me (y) Sounds like it’s going to be a great temporary forever fix
  6. thessejway

I won't be able to test this until I stop back at my parents' place where my car is parked hopefully tomorrow. What would be the fix if the Test light is glowing in pos II? New ignition switch? Is there another work around? Thanks so much for the help!
  7. thessejway

Yeah pretty sure it is the ignition switch. My starter was rebuilt last week at a local shop and my battery was tested yesterday showing perfect health. With the new relay installed this is the first time I've been able to get the starter going without additional help. Only its cranking on...
  8. thessejway

Popping this thread back up after 6 months because I've finally gotten around to installing this relay. It's gotten to the point that dispite having a perfectly healthy fully charged battery I can only get the car to start if I just it with a secondary battery. I got it installed and it seemed...
  9. thessejway

Headwork Checklist

Understood. The cost of new turbo valves makes it a little harder to stomach. If I’m gonna do it I may as well do it right though Anyone have recommendations for the best place to source them?
  10. thessejway

Headwork Checklist

Yup, with a little more digging I made the same discovery with the guides. I'll likely be retaining the existing ones. What would be the reason for replacing the exhaust valves? Would cleaning them up not get identical results? He didn't do any cutting on the seats and valves, but he did lap...
  11. thessejway

Headwork Checklist

Slightly Adjusted parts list. I realized the new valve guides are probably overkill -16x valve keepers -4x valve stem seals -4x exhaust valve seat -4x intake valve seat -8x Valve stem seals (Hushers?) After doing some more internet perusing I've been inspired to do some of the assembly and...
  12. thessejway

Headwork Checklist

Yeah that is correct, standard rebuild with upgraded springs. With the upgraded cam and occasionally higher rpm I figured it would be beneficial. I do like the idea of porting as my power does seem to taper off a good bit in the higher rpm. I'm not sure how much I trust myself to do it though...
  13. thessejway

Headwork Checklist

I have a couple very stuck exhaust studs in my the head on my 945T, adding to that it is also a pretty tired head old head that has never been touched in its 30 years and 300k kms. I plan on taking it to a local machine shop to be refreshed, in the process I am upgrading to the YoshiFab upgraded...
  14. thessejway

My starter has been giving me all sorts of issues latey. 90% of the time I'm finding myself shorting the starter solenoid with a screwdriver to get it to work. I have seen on here a couple times that installing a starter relay in line could be a solution to this. Does anyone have any diagrams...
  15. thessejway

Tell me I didn't get the timing wrong on the flywheel - no start after cd009 swap

Hi all, I'm having trouble getting my car (93 945t) to start after a trans swap. I'm really hoping I didn't get the timing wrong on the flywheel. But it kinda sounds like that could be the case. See the videos below. I'm having trouble properly embedding them on mobile https://imgur.com/a/G2DvAYJ
  16. thessejway

1993 945t CD009 Swap - Auto shifter Connections

I'm just in the middle of finishing up the CD009 manual swap into my 945t, and I'm needing to keep the auto shifter electricals connected in order to get the car to start. What do I need to do to fix this? Is it just a matter of jumping a couple of the connections? Also where would I wire the...
  17. thessejway

T5 Timing Belt Stupidity

Just over a month ago I picked up a 2011 C30 T5 with around 167k kms (~103k miles) on it. It was still running on the Factory timing belt so I figured I would have it changed. The car was now 10 years old and getting pretty close to the mileage that Volvo recommends replacing it. And of course...
  18. thessejway

What's Included: Yoshifab clutch and flywheel

I'm in the middle of installing my clutch and flywheel from Yoshifab and I've realized that I didnt receive the bolts to mount the clutch to the flywheel. Is this something that was supposed to be included or am I expected to get my own. Seems to me like it is something that should really be...
  19. thessejway

940 Custom Hydraulic Clutch Line

Currently getting the last few little bits I need to complete a CD009 swap on my 940. One of them is a hydraulic line going from the stock clutch master to slave cylinder. Because these parts are becoming increasingly difficult to find I've decided to get a custom one made. With that I've got a...
  20. thessejway

940 Clutch Reservoir

Am I correct in believing that the fluid reservoir from the brakes is shared as the reservoir for the clutch on a manual 940? And you connect it by snipping the end off the nipple on the bottom right of the image below? If so, where can I find that hose that runs from the master cylinder to...
Back