• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. Tassie740Turbo

Fuel gauge wiring

Can anyone provide a wiring diagram or describe how the fuel gauge should be wired in a 700 series car? I bought a shell and transferred all the wiring outta my old car into this after I crashed it. Unfortunately I forgot how this bit was wired before I got to put in and I've never been able to...
  2. Tassie740Turbo

Fuel Pumps

I've bought a new V6 760 after I wrote my Volvo off and I'm transferring my engine and stuff over. As I understand it I'll have to change the main fuel pump, but do I have to change the intank pump? Thats if the V6's even have one:???:
  3. Tassie740Turbo

Dash Temp Sender Removal

Just had a look at removing the temp sender for the dash so I can replace it with a sender for an aftermarket gauge, but how the hell are you meant to get it out? The knock sensor is in the way. I spose I could remove the knock sensor but then it would have to be torqued to the right setting...
  4. Tassie740Turbo

Alloy Case M46

Hey, I picked up another m46 the other day to replace the busted one in my car. The weird thing is it's an alloy case with the j-type overdrive. I didn't think the alloy case boxes had the j-type, only the p-type? Has anyone ever seen an oddity like this?
  5. Tassie740Turbo

My First Dead M46

Well I think I've finally killed my first M46, 1st and 2nd gears are very stiff, sometimes they are impossible to engage with out a lot of force and when reversing it feels like reverse and a forward gear are locking together, what the hell could cause this? Does anyone have any ideas as to the...
  6. Tassie740Turbo

Loosing Coolant

Hi Guys, My poor old 740 is loosing coolant at a rate of about 2 1/2 litres a week. Theres no oil in the coolant and no coolant in the water. Is the headgasket starting to go and just dumping the water straight into a cylinder or is it more serious, such as a damaged head or something :e-shrug...
  7. Tassie740Turbo

B230FT Compression

Hi guys, Whats a good compression figure? I got 175PSI across all four cylinders. Is that good for an engine with 265,000 km's?
  8. Tassie740Turbo

Fog/Driving lights

Hi all, I recently bought some new fog/driving lights for the front of my 740 Turbo HP, I used the stock wiring that was there for the existing fog lights and as a result they only light up when the park lights are selected, i.e cant use them with the headlights on. Is there a way to modify the...
  9. Tassie740Turbo

740 Fog Light Globes

Does anybody know what sort of globes the stock 740 foglights use? I've had a look around various car stores and haven't found anything that looks like it will work. Has anybody got any pics of the globes?
  10. Tassie740Turbo

My 740 Turo

My 740 Turbo Hey, I've just bought a new car (well new for me) and I though I would show it off a bit. Sorry for the crap pics, when I get a chance I'll borrow the digital camera from work and take some decent ones. Its a 1988 740 with the B230FT k series engine. I believe its a turbo hp...
  11. Tassie740Turbo

Power Window Problem

Hey all, I've got a problem with the drivers side power window on my 1988 740 Turbo. I was winding down the window the other day when I heard something fall down into the door. I took the door panel off this morning and found that there is what looks to be a spring. Its hard to explain what it...
Back