• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. Donny

940t sat for years no spark

It has been a long time TB but my 945t has sat for 2 plus years sadly. It ran when i last parked it and im pretty sure i put stabilizer in the tank but i cant get it to fire up with starting fluid. I dont think it is getting spark which i believe drives the fuel. Can the crank sensor go bad by...
  2. Donny

940 What signals the fuel relay?

1991 b230ft. Blew a head gasket 6 months ago and finally got it back together. It ran fine before but sat for a while. Now I can only get it to start and run if I manually operate the fuel relay. Replacing the relay with a brand new one won't help. So the question is what signals the fuel...
  3. Donny

940 AC pressure relief valve --1991

There is a device connected to the condenser that looks like a black can. I believe this is the pressure relief valve. My system is leaking from here. The AC system works fine otherwise, as long as there is enough pressure inside to keep the compressor running. Is this part repairable or must...
  4. Donny

1991 945 A/C vent problem

Since A/C isn't searchable I am having trouble finding info on the problem with my standard temperature control A/C system. My problem is that since the temperature is pushing into the 90s down here, my A/C isn't working so great. It only blows cool when I have the vent selector set to mix...
  5. Donny

760 B230ft sat for over a year

I let my 760 sit for over a year neglected and unloved. Now that I got it started up and running my knocksense is going crazy at any RPM over idle. It runs a bit rough and I get a lot of rumbling/popping from my catless 3inch exhaust. Clogged/stuck open injector? Stuck valve? The engine does...
  6. Donny

Intake air temperature gauge

The MS guys seem to have a means of reading Intake air temperatures, but how do all the other guys do it? I found some commercial gauges for $250-$300 but think this could be an easy homebrew solution. I think ambient + cold-side readings would be pretty cool. Anyone have any input?
  7. Donny

CSI injector question

This has most certainly been covered, but how do I activate the cold start injector? I haven't actually inspected it but I imagine it has 2 leads on the connector. Do I simply supply the proper voltage to it? Or does it need a certain signal to tell it to fire on and off?
  8. Donny

Temperature switch for e-fan

I am going to do the e-fan conversion on my '91 945 TI. I ordered a few switches from saabsite.com, an 82/77 and an 89/84 (celsius, of course). Is the 82/77 too cold? I imagine it could potentially run forever depending what thermostat I have installed.
  9. Donny

Stock radio squeels when raining

My Stock radio hums and squeels very loudly when I first start the car and it has been raining out. Once the car warms up a bit it stops. Isn't there a device that is supposed to filter out the noise? Where is it/what does it look like?
  10. Donny

Browntops installed, lh2.4, reset ECU before running?

Got bored tonight so I installed a set of browntops I had sitting around. The car is a '91 945TI lh2.4. 11PSI, 13c, NPR, 3inch turbo back exhaust. Do I reset the ECU before driving it? I am asking because after driving it around a bit, the idle is crappy and at top end it stutters. I have...
  11. Donny

Who uses an NPR with the A/C installed?

Who uses an NPR intercooler with the A/C system installed? Does it fit ok? Does the condensor cause any problems? I'd like to hear other people's input.
  12. Donny

tightening up the wastegate actuator

I am pretty sure that if I want to tighten up the wastegate actuator then i turn the arm out. Does this sound correct? My problem is that ever since the full 3 inch exhaust was installed, boost likes to creep up to 15+ psi when I initially get on it. I want it to be solid at 12 psi...
  13. Donny

AW71 question

I changed the filter and oil in my AW71 with 160K on it and noticed a lot of grit in the bottom of my drain pan. My friend told me that these trannies get pretty gritty after a while. The transmission shifts just fine and doesn't appear to be failing. Is this something to worry about? What is...
  14. Donny

bad master cylinder

I ordered up a new master cylinder because I am getting classic symptoms: first pump of the brake is fine but letting off a little and pumping again, the pedal goes closer and closer to the floor. My question is: could this be anything other than a failing master cylinder?
  15. Donny

Touchy power steering

'91 945 turbo. I searched a bit and found a few threads discussing the problem but didn't find anything conclusive. My power steering is SUPER touchy, so much so that I think there may be something wrong. Is there a check valve or anything that may cause the power steering to be over powered? I...
  16. Donny

Installed full 3inch exhaust

91 945 turbo, with NPR, all else stock: So I installed the full 3 inch system from thelostartof (1 cat, 1 muffler). I uninstalled the MBC so the turbo is at stock levels. When I floor it the boost creeps all the way up to 12 PSI. With the stock exhaust it only went up to 8PSI. Is this unheard...
  17. Donny

Burning oil without smoke/leaks

How much oil should a redblock turbo engine with 160K miles use in a 3k mile period? None (or very little) right? I am about a half quart low with no smoke or visible leaks. What could this be? Should I even worry? /edit 1991 945T
  18. Donny

My new ride

My new Ride. A '91 945 Turbo with 159K miles. My immediate plans are IPD turbo cam, NPR, full 3 inch exhaust, boost gauge, MBC and HD rear shocks (it's a little bouncy now). Not sure about the attachments (haven't posted in a while)
  19. Donny

IPD overdrive blockoff plate

Has anyone used IPD's automatic overdrive blockoff plate? It seems pretty inexpensive and I rarely use the OD switch to switch out of OD.
  20. Donny

NPR Question

I installed the big NPR in my 765. I recall people saying they noticed a boost increase after installing one. I did not seem to notice a change in boost. I did notice more off-accelleration vacuum, quicker spool up and the IC and cold side pipe are noticeably cooler to the touch than stock :) ...
Back