• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. D

92 940 turbo no start, no fuel pressure

Hopefully someone can help me here. I don't understand exactly how the fuel system works on this car. As the title suggests, the car won't start. It won't even hiccup. I've checked for a spark and that seems to be fine so I don't think there's an issue there. I'm pretty sure the issue is no...
  2. D

Blown resistor on speedometer for the second time

92 940 Turbo here. As the title states, I've toasted two speedometers now, the R2 resistor has let go on two separate units. Upon researching speedo issues with the cars, it seems that 91-92 models can have issues with capacitors leaking, but this has not been the case for me; the caps are fine...
  3. D

Charcoal canister/not starting

92 940 turbo. Yesterday the car ran kind of rough as in it was hesitating/pulsing under acceleration but would smooth out at WOT past 4.5K. This evening I tried driving it again and it barely started and ran quite rough, and not long afterwards, it died. Wouldn't restart. After looking under the...
  4. D

Thump from rear

The other day my car made a loud bang from the rear when I went over a good sized bump. It seems to be coming more from the right side. It doesn't happen when it's just me or another person but it was happening all the time with 3 people in the back seat the other day. Any ideas what this might...
  5. D

Seats Compatibility

Good morning to those of you on the eastern side of North America, The driver and passenger seat in my 940 are in quite poor shape, especially the driver's side. It has a few tears and rips and it has bothered me since I bought the car. It also isn't the most comfortable (I think it is kind of...
  6. D

Dash switches 940

I was wondering if you can help me identify what sort of switch goes in this blank space between the fog light and the clock/dash lighting switch. I'm thinking of wiring a standalone switch in there so I can run my fog lights independently of the headlights as DRLs. Just was curious if there...
  7. D

Oil Consumption/Smell

Just wondering aloud here what I should start looking for. I got this 940 a few weeks ago and I've noticed a baked oil smell whenever I come to a stop after a drive. I thought it wasn't a big deal as the car has a pretty thick coating of rust protection (oil based) treatment, and it's normal for...
  8. D

940 Rear Suspension

Hello, the rear suspension on my new to me 940 Turbo is sagging quite a bit. The back end sits noticeably lower than the front. I suspect the rear shocks are worn. Would replacing them solve this? The car is a 92 with a solid rear axle, sedan. I'm not sure if I need to be looking at replacement...
  9. D

Where to find headlights

Hello all, I bought a 1991 940 turbo yesterday with 225000 km. It has the fog lights in the inside (separate housing from the headlight) and while those are fine, both headlight lenses are bad. The passenger side lens is taped on and the drivers side is cracked, patched up with tape. Where can a...
Back