• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. 240Redblock

82 245 from the rat’s grave

My buddy posted a little video of some of his trip in the ‘82 245 I dug outta this old timer’s back 40 in BFE (White Hills, AZ). A little backstory: I picked this up for $125, it was sitting for 12 years, trailered it home to Vegas. I hit it hard with the vacuum, it was full of rat poop...
  2. 240Redblock

?85 245 needs a new lease on life

Hey all, My wagon was my everything for so long making 500 mile trips every week for 3 years until the head gasket blew in a spectacular way: about 200 miles from the destination she sent the whole cooling system through the tailpipe. I had about 4 gallons of water with me so naturally I fed...
  3. 240Redblock

In-tank pump will not ground

Recently the heat has been killing my main fuel pump, which is not unexpected given my in-tank was faulty. So I installed a new Delphi in-tank and the damn thing wouldn't run! I ran hot to the connector and nothing... eventually tried adding ground directly to pump and she ran! I tried adding a...
  4. 240Redblock

Smells like gasoline when I open the window

85 245 N/A I get a very strong gas smell only when I open the window, no obvious leaks, doesn't smell under the hood and no leak at the injectors. I'm thinking maybe the lines are leaking? Charcoal canister doesn't smell and is hooked up, but that's not saying much. Anyone have a similar...
  5. 240Redblock

85 245 with LH 2.2 m46 Rough Idle

I have had this issue for a while now: very rough idle, surging, intermittent minor power drops. Things I've done to correct (or because they needed doing): New pumps (delphi and bosch after in-tank failed) filters and seals Intake gasket and injector seals (no change in idle when sprayed)...
  6. 240Redblock

I miss my late style side-view mirrors, any solutions?

My DD is an 85 245, but I really miss how much bigger the subsequent side-views are. It's there any way to (simply) modify 86+ or a good afternarket replacement for these that fits my doors?
  7. 240Redblock

Has anyone else used #2 heating oil as a de-carb?

when I first buy my cars I usually add a cup of diesel fuel to the crankcase and run the piss outta them for 30 minutes to an hour, then drain, flush and fill with fresh (almost always a full commenting Castrol 10-30/40 weather dependent) and Mahle filter. Has anyone else done this or see a...
  8. 240Redblock

240 A/C Restoration and Conversion to r134a in pre-1991 240

Preamble: **Extreme caution must be used when making modifications to A/C systems, PAG oil and Mineral oil DO NOT MIX and may EXPLODE! Be sure to know what you are doing and I recommend replacing EVERY piece of equipment when making this conversion** This is for my 1985 245 N/A with M46...
Back