• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. M

intercooler upgrade?

i have a 1988 760t... what could i put in it for a better intercooler? do you guys generally buy aftermarket ones new, or take them from other turbo cars...? is it possible to do it without having to heavily modify my car to accomodate the "new" intercooler?
  2. M

changing oil...what kind of filter should i get?

do i need to get any specific oil filter for my 88 760t or can i just walk into advance auto and ask them for an oil filter... is it a generic thing or should i go for a certain one? thanks!
  3. M

flaming tail pipe?

ok ok i know this is a little sketchy. BUT. i am curious. if you drilled a small hole in your tail pipe, near the end, and put a spark plug in it...and ran an ignition wire from that to a regular 14 guage wire, which was secured along the frame of the car and connected to a toggle switch and a...
  4. M

what should i do to prepare my car for not being driven for a while?

at the end of august i leave for college, and i probably wont be back until thanksgiving break. the car wont be driven while i am gone. is there anything i should do to help the car stay in good shape until i get back? also, should i have my parents start the car once in a while? if so how long...
  5. M

speedometer is off by 3 mph

my speedometer always says i am going 3 mph faster than i really am... it is consistent at different speeds (i.e. it says im doing 13 when im doing 10, and it says im doing 83 when im doing 80). i have had another car drive in front of me, and maintain the distance between us, and this proved to...
  6. M

any pics of pcv/cleaning it?

i have a minor oil leak that i was told is the rear main seal.... maybe 3 drops of oil a day... however someone told me i should try cleaning my pcv system as this might just be putting extra pressure on the engine and thus causing the minor leak. but i really don't know what im looking for, or...
  7. M

lowering seats?

im fairly tall.... ( 6'3" ) and i am a little cramped in my 1988 760t sedan. I have adjusted the power seat but still i am just about touching the ceiling... is there any way i can lower the seats? i want to get new seats anyways because mine are pretty worn from age... so while im messing with...
  8. M

gauge pods?

anyone know where i can buy one of those boxes that mounts 3 guages and sits on top of the dash? i have see them on summitracing and jegs but they all say specific vehicles... can i get one that will fit my 88 760T ?? where? thanks!
  9. M

need to get and install a new stereo and speakers, pls help...

ok the casette player just died, and the speakers are basically blown... so time to get some sound equipment. i have a 1988 760 turbo, which has 6 speakers. i checked out best buy and tweeter to get some comparisons... they both basically said the same thing and have very similar prices. they...
  10. M

a/c help pls...

i have an 88 760 turbo sedan. the a/c does not blow cold. there's a blue sticker on the compressor that says it has been converted to r134a. when i push the snowflake button (to turn the a/c on) the compressor clicks on for a couple seconds but will not stay on longer than that. just off and on...
  11. M

how to install a headlight bulb on a 88 760 turbo

one of my headlights died, i just want to make sure i do this right and don't get fried or explode the bulb or something... could someone tell me what the procedure is? i googled but i couldn't find anything specifically mentioning my y/m/m if anyone happens to have relevant pics that would...
  12. M

do you recommend a certain air-fuel ratio gauge?

i have looked at several AFR gauges on summit racing and jegs, but i don't really know what to go with... other than aesthetically, which ones are the best? which ones are the most accurate/reliable etc? thanks!
  13. M

hydraulic arms on my hood aren't holding...

the arms that hold my hood up are difficult to use, i have to push the hood waaaay up so that its almost literally pointing straight up to the sky for the arms to hold it... if i just lift the hood to about 45-60 degrees like you normally wood, the arms wont hold it. any suggestions?? is this...
  14. M

lighter hood?

i read that for 89 and earlier 740s, aluminum hoods can be found... i have an 88 760 turbo, can i get one that will fit my car?? i would love the weight loss...
  15. M

the oil debate... regular or synthetic?

everyone seems to have a different opinion... i have a 1988 760 turbo sedan and as far as i know the previous owners just used regular oil in it (non synth.) it has 158k miles on the clock now. i was just planning on putting mobil 1 synthetic in it, but then i got a lot of different feedback...
  16. M

haynes manual or chilton?

im trying to decide between the haynes manual and the chilton one... i have a 1988 760 turbo sedan. which do you think is better/more accurate? any advantages/disadvantages to each one? thanks
  17. M

changing alternator belt

my alternator belt is old and worn (starting to crack). where can i get a new one? also, i know its a simple process but i'm new so could anyone post a few pictures to give me an idea of what i need to take off to get at it? also will i need any special tools? thanks!
  18. M

a/c not working?? help pls

i have an 88 760 turbo sedan. the a/c does not blow cold. there's a blue sticker on the compressor that says it has been converted to r134a. when i push the snowflake button (to turn the a/c on) as far as i can tell the compressor comes on fine...the fans change a bit and it seems just like what...
  19. M

boost gauge question...

ok in my 88 760 i was driving, and the turbo gauge seemed to be working fine. however, i was later talking to someone about it, and they told me that if the pointer was pointing all the way to the right, into the "white" strip of the gauge, that would reflect approximately 15psi of boost.... is...
  20. M

few speedometer q's...

well, hopefully my 88 760 will be repaired by monday... im thinking about a little gauge overhauling...when i was driving it home, i noticed that the speed seems to be a bit off... my father was in front of me, and several times when we were maintaining the same distance i would ask him what...
Back