• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Help please

Nateo1397

Got ms2 v3.0 second hand was running a b230ft in a 166 wasted spark with Citroen coil it’s a protoparts diy now known as fullest there is an add on board in the box with two igniters can I remove the board and run the coil off the Bosch igniter or can I run the ezk ignition with ms2 fueling temporarily money is tight and car is my daily been down for far too long and I’m driving a borrowed vehicle any help is appreciated

In response to what I assume the question is, I don't think MS2 is gonna know if it's connected to the ignition or not. You could theoretically stuff a set a points in the distributor and it *could* run.

Opened box one of the igniters on the expansion board looks like it got hot and shifted I’m thinking just snip off expansion board and run it off the distributor

Why is the car not running?

Yes, you can remove the igniters from the MS box and wire it up to use an external Volvo 240 Bosch ...124 ignition powerstage with a distributor.

See section "5.3.1.4 Logic spark outputs - resistor method" on how to rewire MS for "logic level spark output(s)".

If you're using a single coil, "Spark A", you'll add a pullup resistor to D14 and wire it to the "IGN" pin on the DB-37 connector.
If you're doing wasted spark, you'll need to do the same for "Spark B" with D16 and the "SPR2" pin on the DB-37 connector.

The external wiring for the Bosch ...124 power stage is shown in section "5.3.3 Amplifiers (ignitor, power transistor, ignition module)"

The LS1 coils have a built-in power stage and are "logic-level" coils, so you could wire those directly.

See section "5.3.1.4 Logic spark outputs - resistor method" on how to rewire MS for "logic level spark output(s)".

If you're using a single coil, "Spark A", you'll add a pullup resistor to D14 and wire it to the "IGN" pin on the DB-37 connector.
If you're doing wasted spark, you'll need to do the same for "Spark B" with D16 and the "SPR2" pin on the DB-37 connector.

The external wiring for the Bosch ...124 power stage is shown in section "5.3.3 Amplifiers (ignitor, power transistor, ignition module)"

The LS1 coils have a built-in power stage and are "logic-level" coils, so you could wire those directly.
Very helpful thank you

Also picked up two ford Edis coil packs and a 2012 Chrysler 1.4 complete engine for 50 bucks so I have the external trigger wheel off of it as well as the cam reluctor wheel and sensors plus a trigger wheel I made from an old saw blade and Chevy hall sensor ls1 coils are the d58 I’m thinking best performance would be from them

What car is this going into and does it already have a 60-2 tooth flywheel/flexplate (used for 1989+ LH2.4 Volvos) or a LH2.2 distributor with a hall sensor?

60-2 it’s a 940 turbo wagon I have fuel I can smell it coming out the down pipe when cranking just no rpm signal or spark but it’s for sure internal box issues

The 60-2 sensor is a "VR" type sensor. See "5.2.2 VR (magnetic) sensor input" for how to wire the MS box AND how to adjust the 2 pots.

Smelling fuel with no crank signal is bad -- the injectors, and the fuel pump, should only be energized after a good crank signal is detected.

Back