• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

My '91 244- "SLOLVO"

growley

has a large member
So I figured I'd start one of these threads not only to show off (little that there is) my car but also to help me document its progress.

Here she is (not the greatest picture, I know):
Scan8.jpg

I got the car early in 2003. Before that, I had an '85 244 which is now being neglected by my younger sister. These were both given to me by my dad, who is a former Volvo mechanic and now a distributor for Matco Tools :oogle:.

Progress on this car has been slow, partly because I've had many things take precedence over the car (school, money, work) and partly because I've never really had a garage to work in for long periods of time. So any chance I get in anyones garage is a blessing.

When I got the car, it was much more of a polished turd than it is now. I've replaced many pieces on the car over the years just to try to get it to look and feel better including both bumpers on the car. It's been a struggle to stay on top of the cars problems with all of the other stuff i've had going on. Nonetheless, I've managed to spice it up in a few ways.

I can't recall exactly when I installed the modifications throughout the life of the car, so i'll just list them.

A-cam
Dale's custom adjustable cam gear
Modified air intake box
Custom 2.25" exhaust w/ cherry turbo muffler
Bilstein TC shocks and struts
SuperPro poly bushings front and back
IPD Sways
GT strut-tower to firewall braces
Euro sidemarkers
Shaved grill

Nothing too spectacular, but like I said before, alot of work has gone into maintaining and refurbishing the car. I don't have any recent pics of the car since my digital camera recently crapped out on me. But here are some older ones:

HPIM0794.jpg

At a DC/Maryland meet a few years back, the car has the chin spoiler back on now
mycar2.jpg

At a Virginia Beach vadriven.com meet a few years back
HPIM1357.jpg

At Vince's (TerribleOne) after installing the sidemarkers
IanMarkerlight011.jpg

Future plans include:
-Getting some tires for the Virgos that have been rotting in my closet and throwing some V's on that bitch
-Possibly lowering springs, but Richmond roads are like rocky mountain trails.
-M47 (wishful thinking)
-Striving to get the car in even better condition
-Bodywork to remove the "bear claw" like marks on the sides of the car.

That's about it for now. Of course i'll update as it comes along.

Last edited:
haha Slovo, my friend dubbed my car slovo, til he discovered my car is faster than his :-P

Back