• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

LH 2.4 Flywheel

I saw that his site was down. I assume no issue's with his product?

Nope, I am running a Southbend clutch and SAAB Viggen PP and it all fit great. Had to space the PP due to clutch thickness just a hair. SAAB pressure plate fit the dowels with just very light clearancing of the dowel holes.

And I have ordered from him a few times with very fast shipping and no issues.

As an FYI: if you're planning on doing the Saab viggen 228/215 PP you will need a flywheel that has the dowel pins clocked in between the bolt holes, not next to them.

Last edited:
Didn't realize there were different drill patterns. I know the SAAB Plate fits the STS flywheel.

STS uses stock flat flywheels and then machines the tooth pattern, the stock flywheels came with 2-different bolt patterns from the factory.
You got lucky!

Maybe they'll start machining in the dowel pin holes in the location that your flywheel has them. Then, they'll work with any Volvo or Saab PP.

Didn't realize there were different drill patterns. I know the SAAB Plate fits the STS flywheel.

BtPGLtGl.jpg

Damn, you sure did get lucky on those pin holes. Why volvo, just, why??? :doh:

I do a all new flywheel that with the correct LH2.4 pattern that takes the 240mm 850 cover plate

http://www.classicswede.co.uk/B200___B230_TTV_light_flywheel_for_850R_clutch/p1733344_14964734.aspx

What transmissions does it work with? You know fit inside the bellhousing besides M90?

I got one gonna use it with my m90 myself. I know it won't fit in m46 or m47 bellhousing. It might if you grind a bunch. Anybody know how much grinding? Anybody done it? Put the TTR 850R flywheel with 850r pressure plate inside m46 or m47 bellhousing?

It sure would be nice to know which years volvo m46 or m47 bellhousings might work with least amount of grinding. If I was selling these I'd find that out before I tried to sell them to unsuspecting people.

Sure you say the 850r clutch disc only works with m90, but that is a spline count thing and someone might think hey I'll use this or that disc with this or that trans not knowing the 850r pressure plate won't fit in there bellhousing without hitting...

Sort of like JohnV selling his with 240mm saab presure plate that does fit inside m46 bellhousing, but then he didn't machine enough of the metal in the center out so you could use the stock 228mm m46 clutch disc. Wow... What clutch disc did he make it for? No clue, but I know local machinist fixing problem.

Last edited:
What transmissions does it work with? You know fit inside the bellhousing besides M90?

I got one gonna use it with my m90 myself. I know it won't fit in m46 or m47 bellhousing. It might if you grind a bunch. Anybody know how much grinding? Anybody done it? Put the TTR 850R flywheel with 850r pressure plate inside m46 or m47 bellhousing?

It sure would be nice to know which years volvo m46 or m47 bellhousings might work with least amount of grinding. If I was selling these I'd find that out before I tried to sell them to unsuspecting people.

We use them on 360's. The 360 bellhousing needs grinding just to use a normal 228 turbo pressure plate as the 360 bell is smaller than the M46/7. Not a huge amount more grinding is needed on the 360 bellhousing.

I will take a look and see what is needed to fit the M47 bellhousing and even a M40 for interest.

Back