• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Nitrous motor

ElHefe910

Just bout a house with some space an a garage now I can finally start working on my projects. I just want to start off by saying I am building a B230ft 16v right now and I already have most of the parts for it but that is a different story. I have been tinkering with Volvos for about 12 years now so I know some stuff but not everything. Another thing, people might ask why the answer is simple I have a nice amount of money in the budget for toys and a good bit of free time these days.

So anyway I was thinking of building a nitrous redblock. Im not trying to spend a whole lot on this. I was thinking something like h-beams in a 90+ motor with a penta marine head and I would start off with say 100shot. Has anyone ever done anything like this? Have any suggestions or input? All is appreciated. I am curious as to how much it could take. I feel like a well put together b23 with strong rods could take a good bit of gas.

Last edited:
Back in the 80's, with just a 50 wet shot on my 245TI, I snapped the ring gear in two, and routinely demolished all the (turbo) rear suspension bushings & torque rods. Stock B21FT, set to only spray under WOT over 3K rpm. Don't recall any real specifics.

My point is just that you will likely need to beef up the suspension & drivetrain as well. Should be several sources these days for beefier setups.

240TSMOKIN-1.jpg

I stack a 100 shot on top of 26psi in the gold car, so I don't see staying at 100 for very long. But it is fun

Back