• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

(Not*) Mediocre 242

Really good numbers on the scales, I would raise the left side just a touch to offset you being in the car, but those are really close to being perfect!

I'll probably do that in a little while when I'm redoing the rear suspension. I'm not going to fully corner balance it because it looks weird to me and this is a street car, but I might raise the driver side a bit.

+30 lbs is about right. At least that weight is in the right location.

Certainly not 50.

t5s are fairly light. that is one of their big perks...

so are aluminum cased m47s tho

btw... keep the commandos. they are most stylish.

I read one guy on corrall thinks they're 50 lbs heavier, but everyone else says 30, so I'm sure you're right. Nothing I can do about it anyway. I do like it much more than a T5.

I can't keep the commandos, I've got one of Pat's air dams that I gotta put on.

Impressive trap speeds for sure! I bet that thing is fun.

When I put my 242 on some scales a few years ago I did lots of experimenting with bumpers, battery position, etc. The '83-'85 skinny front bumper weighs 24 lbs total, and the front Commando weighs 40 lbs total. Both figures including their respective bumper shocks.

Rear skinny bumper weighs 26 lbs and rear Commando weighs 44 lbs.

I borrowed four 45lb weights from the local Y where I work out -- did my cross corner set up and alignment with 180 lbs. in the driver's seat.

I drove out to San Diego this weekend for the Socal Euro show. I got something like 25 mpg when my mix dropped down to e15ish while driving there and back.

Once I got my mix back up to e60 and did a pull at about sea level, I almost immediately hit boost cut. After dropping my wastegate duty table by ~15%, I could easily hit my targeted 305 kpa. Even with the duty drop, it would still overboost in some situations. I could have spent more time and fine tuned the boost control, but it wasn't worth it for the couple days I was there.

My current turbo is definitely too small for my goals at my altitude, so I'll finish the season with it and hopefully upgrade it over the winter.

Out in socal and no heads up. Sad, would love to see that beast

I drove out to San Diego this weekend for the Socal Euro show. I got something like 25 mpg when my mix dropped down to e15ish while driving there and back.

Once I got my mix back up to e60 and did a pull at about sea level, I almost immediately hit boost cut. After dropping my wastegate duty table by ~15%, I could easily hit my targeted 305 kpa. Even with the duty drop, it would still overboost in some situations. I could have spent more time and fine tuned the boost control, but it wasn't worth it for the couple days I was there.

My current turbo is definitely too small for my goals at my altitude, so I'll finish the season with it and hopefully upgrade it over the winter.

I installed a 7670 tonight, but you wouldn't be able to tell from the picture. The housings are the same on the outside as the 7064, but the 7670 gives me 5 mm on the compressor inducer and 6 mm on the compressor exducer which is good for another 10 lb/min, or roughly 100 hp.

iSnkaCfh.jpg

After taking it out, it seems to feel as fast on e50 as it did with the 7064 on e60. But that's just my poorly calibrated butt dyno. I only ask about 80% of my 300 kpa target at e50, but it's all in at e60. I'm optimistic about the performance. I'll drive it a bunch to clear though the fuel in the tank and try to get a better mix by Saturday. The last midnight drags at my local track before it closes down is this weekend. I'm really going for a 120+ mph pass at my altitude. I don't care about et, just trap speed. I really wish I had some 1300 cc injectors, but I'll still go for it on my 1000 cc. Hopefully the temperature drops the DA a bit and gives me something reasonable instead of the 7800 ft it has been.

Just read all 25 pages, this car is amazing!! Love that you're driving the crap out of it, keep it up! Hopefully I get to see it at IPD next year.

The car has just been sitting for a while. I sold my fuel injectors to buy some bigger ones, but that deal fell through, so the car can't run until I get some. If you can get me a deal on a set of four ID1300s send me a message please.

In the meantime, I got most of my gauges matching. These are so much better to wire than stock ones, and I've been meaning to clean up the wiring back there for some time. I only need a Stack boost gauge, but that'll come later.

kU1eGbSh.jpg

A while ago I bought a set of bent trailing arms for cheap. I cut off the bent tube, machined some bigger tube to fit over the old stubs, and had my buddy weld them. I just need to get them powder coated or nickel plated and then they'll be ready to go. I'll get some coilovers sometime this winter. I'm not in a huge rush because I don't have injectors and the I can't really drive it in Utah winter anyway, but it's a fun project to do.

u0nAaExh.jpg

AmKfmPKh.jpg

Back