• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B21t thread for turbo engine build, stock bottom end looking for 400hp.

Jussi Alanko

Hi ieveryone, now it's time to found out will stock b21a bottom end take about 1.5bar of boost, thats the boost level which i want to crank out 400hp.

I picked out a strongest block what redblocks had to offer and that is b21a block. Then i installed refurbished forged crankshaft and a new auxiliary shaft bearings.

At this moment i'm filing the pistonr ring gaps, first and second ring gap has been growed to 0.55 stock to 0.75mm, this is what the machine shop and mahle, wich pistons i use, recommends to me.

I use mahles cast piston with -9cc dish and head is a 46/38 ported 530 with flow numbers of 220hp.

Camshaft is a adv.330 duration and a 280duration in 1mm.

Now i accidentally broken pair of piston rings so i had to order new ones which arrived at next week.

I have this build with lvr racing engines which make me the head and give a couple of good hints about cooling and stuff, those are not be original.

Now all pictures is public.

I'm counting on that i can make a 160-180hp NA power, so in 2,5 atmospheric pressure the engine will produce 400hp on flywheel or 350-360hp on rear wheel.

I have a very very good flowing head, a big camshaft, 64cm long tubular exhaust manifold with dual exits and a intake manifold that flows good and plenum volume is 4.57liter and 80mm throttle body.

I have turn this engine to 7200rpm and max power comes in 7000rpm says lvr racing engines man who makes parts to this engines, he make also a f-group rally engines and also 1/4miles engines. Ill post a picture at intake manifold.

juyZMJ

https://aijaa.com/juyZMJ

Does this link work, at this engine is same intake manifold that i will buy, but in a billet cylinder head. :D

Back