• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

90' 760T 15G mini project

im not so sure I am reading this correctly.

The MAF must go before the turbo.
The BOV must go on after the turbo to vent the pressurized air.

General consensus is post intercooler, but I've seen it everywhere with no bad effects
Why must the AMM go before the turbo? Would i see any ill effects placing it after the turbo. It seems like some guys on the have been moving the amm to right before the throttle body, but i dont want to extend the wires. I got some play room with the AMM wires now after unsheathing them from the rubber insulators, but i just want to have the air metered correctly. So your saying i CANNOT do the setup with the blow off valve then the maf in that order after the turbo?

Well i got my first set of valves out using 2 spring clamps to hold the head to the table, a chunk of wood to hold the valve in place, and a bar clamp pressing on a oxy sensor socket to compress the spring. Worked very well. My dad was giving me a hand, and thought that maybe he could cut a peice of 1x1 wood into a better tool, so he did. Not sure how its going to work guess ill find out later when we use it.

P+P progress...
Havent polished yet, just opening up the ports. Photos have exhausted manifold gasket for demonstration purpose.
Prior to port matching:

After Port matching ( could still use a little neatening up ):

Finished getting the head back together, didnt have time to order some extra powder for the gun, so i ended up just using engine enamel to coat the valve cover, nuts, cam gear, and and couple other odds and ends. Here it is fully assembled with the 13c.

Got the head/turbo/manifold, new water pump and intake manifold back on today with all associated gaskets even though it was rainning heavily all day and i work outside...

Did some intercooler fitment today. No more A/C. This is just the mock up. Tomorrow i have to do a little bit of cutting and fab work to get good fitment and attachment.

Got everything back together today! Still need to wire up my new themostatic fan controller though. Otherwise i got the compressor bypass valve block off plate made and installed, plumbed the radiator, modified the radiator brackets for its new slightly "forward" position, moved the manual boost controller MUCH closer to the waste gate, to lose tons of vaccum line in hopes of eliminating the crazy boost spikes i was having. Anyways, it is now 11:50 pm, charged the battery, turned the engine over and nothing. Checked for fueling, and i was getting none. I quickly found out while i was installing the fuel pump i had knocked the ground loose again. Fixed that, went for another try, still nothing. Thinking about it i forgot to check the position of the rotor button when i put the head together, so i think iam a good bit out of ignition timing. Tomorrow shall bring checking that and hopefully anything else that arises.

Very very beauteous, i still would like o port my own 8V or 16V...looks like you got rid of the lame A/C, that one extra bit off makes for ease of cool. and when it comes to replacing the turbo, no problem...great idea.:cool:

Why must the AMM go before the turbo? Would i see any ill effects placing it after the turbo. It seems like some guys on the have been moving the amm to right before the throttle body, but i dont want to extend the wires. I got some play room with the AMM wires now after unsheathing them from the rubber insulators, but i just want to have the air metered correctly. So your saying i CANNOT do the setup with the blow off valve then the maf in that order after the turbo?
Hi, the AMM has a plastic housing.
It cant withstand pressure a lot.

You could fit the AMM inside a metal pipe, of course, but also the turbo might give off some oil, which might damage your AMM.

Also, I've heard that the AMM does not report properly while under pressure (not sure if this is true). It's easiest to just put the AMM on the "sucking side" of the turbo.

On my fathers 780, the dumpvalve is before the intercooler, after the turbo.

Looking nice man! I think you have the best wagon setup ever. Uber clean 760 dash, and hood that covers the cowl, IRS, and the good ole' redblock to top it off. No nasty whiteblock.

I have GOT to get some of those tails! My normal ones look fine, but the red and white just look sick!

Keep up the good work! She's gonna be sweeet

Thank you! I really need some motivation to get outside soon and finish up retiming the thing. I agree i think its going to be sick once its done. It sorta sucks i wasnt able to get the 15g and injectors on yet but soon enough... after its running it will probably be within 2 weeks.

Thank you! I really need some motivation to get outside soon and finish up retiming the thing. I agree i think its going to be sick once its done. It sorta sucks i wasnt able to get the 15g and injectors on yet but soon enough... after its running it will probably be within 2 weeks.

do you have pics of the 15g rebuild? you have to reclock and make a wg bracket, right?

Back