• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Crank scraper install

Interesting - so the redblock version doesn't come with the teflon scrapers? The I/J kit I used on my whiteblock years back had those as mentioned by another poster.

V70-XR-0059.jpg

James on here once asked me if I had a scraper when he noticed how much piston knock my car had when cold. I do, but I can't guarantee it would be different if I didn't have a scraper... I don't have the teflon add-ons, so they aren't THAT close. These engines get sloppy even without them.

That being said, I haven't seen the oil pressure light come on while on the race track(in my street car with the I/J scraper) and I've been running it for over 100k miles, I think.

On the FP SCCA [1275cc] race car that I maintained for 20 Years for a friend, we ran a scraper for a while with .010 clearance. The engine lived most of it's life on the track at 6800+rpm, red line was 8800 rpm if the driver was paying attention, one time at Daytona he looked down at the tach and saw 9400 rpm. We used every thing that the rules allowed. 20 years of racing and 18 division championships. It all depends on what you are going for.

Back