• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Unmarked 8V Camshaft?

Whitestorm

Whats up fellow TB'ers? Just finished tearing down my 90' B230FT which I pulled from a 740 and I have this little mystery cam from it. It has no marking on the back or the front. Does anybody know how to identify a cam other than measuring it? I have the tools to take the exact measurements so if I have to resort to that, someone tell me how Volvo measured their cams and I'll figure it out! :lol:

tIzc3Yk.jpg

Loj04Fm.jpg

Agreed. Also, stock cam looking at the lobes. Aftermarket don't usually have the raised section like the stock ones do. I'd guess maybe a VX given the different profile between lobes.

I recently pulled a cam from a 945T and there were no markings at the end of it where they normally are, however, something like "KLIII" or "KL2", "KL3" was scribed in it elsewhere. Cam looked very mild so I have no idea what it is. I was thinking a factory regrind T cam maybe

OR a KL racing 3 cam..

:lol: That's a super aggressive cam and its the one I want to eventually get. The plan is to pair it with their 8v Extreme manifold. I'll take a look at the rest of the cam when I get home and see if I can find anything. Otherwise, any things I need to know to "properly" measure a Volvo cam?

I've had cams where the stamping is so lightly done it's very hard to see the marking. On aftermarket cams they still marked it in the same place as volvo. At least the enem and early IPD turbo cams and IPD euro grind cams were marked there.

FYI my early IPD turbo cam read PH1 since they were based on a cam from Mike Aaro. My IPD euro grind cam was an A cam.

Agreed. Also, stock cam looking at the lobes. Aftermarket don't usually have the raised section like the stock ones do. I'd guess maybe a VX given the different profile between lobes.
Or an M, they have different lobes as well. :)

Back