• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

A big valve 8valve is better than a 16valve head for 99% of tbricks

This is sound logic. Being in the middle of a 16v swap, I can honestly say I wish I'd gone whiteblock. Purely for the sound and the coolness factor.

You will love it. Add some cams and you will **** yourself laughing.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9a2t9Uo7gPs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ua683dLR0Ao" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ahh the glorious 8v at full sing. Listen as I cross the finish line in this quarter mile drag race and then shift into fourth and get on it some more just for fun, after the finish line...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bawZahBJvnk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ohh and no big valves and no big money, stock b230ft with A cam and junkyard 15g..

Now got head resurfaced on the 90 745 550k mile car, gonna put a 19T on it and go draggin ASAP. Wanna talk sheet about your big valve small valve LS BS then lets see your times beeches!

Last edited:
True, but that particular 8v is an extremely high budget one :-P

Tate Fanning drove my ****pile a couple weeks ago. Despite making half the power that his car puts out, the following words came out of his mouth and stayed with me: "I wish I had gone 16v".

And that, sir, is all I needed to hear!

Mine's a decent argument against it considering the cost, but I also spent a LOT of that money on like the last 10% of improvements.

Yeah but that's Tate's opinion, can we really trust it? Such a dubious character :-P

Dude, a stock LS will run those times. Not LM, LQ. LS1-9. Not knocking your build. Just get real.

Real? Where is your real timeslip Bro?? Keep posting sheet and not posting your timeslip and yeah I'll buttleve ya.

My goal is to be the fastest in the West this year redblock, you can be fastest in the west LS all you flucking want. Let's see who actually does anything. I might be just full of it. We shall see..

I'm not even sure if the track is open. Someone told me today only open to real racers.. Me no real nuttin..

Real? Where is your real timeslip Bro?? Keep posting sheet and not posting your timeslip and yeah I'll buttleve ya.

My goal is to be the fastest in the West this year redblock, you can be fastest in the west LS all you flucking want. Let's see who actually does anything. I might be just full of it. We shall see..

I'm not even sure if the track is open. Someone told me today only open to real racers.. Me no real nuttin..

Sorry Bro. It's straight forward physics, not magic. Curb weight on a 2004 C5 Z06 is 3116 lb. Factory rated at 405 hp. 12.6 second quarter mile. That Z06 weighs ~ 600 lb more than your 740. A Z06 is not set up for weight transfer. That's just brutal horse power/torque pushing that car set up for handling through the quarter mile that quick. That LS engine doesn't care whether it is in a Corvette body or a 740 body. Aerodynamics isn't much of a factor at the speeds you are hitting drag racing. That time is on street tires, not slicks. You are not going to compete, let alone beat, a properly set up LS conversion. I think Andrew is in the 9s, IIRC. You might just be the fastest redblock on the west coast. I'm rootin' for you.

https://www.corvsport.com/corvette-quarter-mile-times/#C5_Corvette_Quarter_Mile_Times_By_Year

Look at that base model C8 time. 11.2. That's a solid launch knocking a second off similar specced C7 times.

Right. I did look at the others. I was just comparing the most basic LSX engine. The C5 ZO6 makes 405 hp. The C6 Z06 LS3 makes 550 stock. The LS engines are light weight brutes.

yeah, jsut a non sequitur. Imagine what the Z06 and ZR1 C8's will do. If they can keep the rear suspension in one piece (and under warranty).

Right. I did look at the others. I was just comparing the most basic LSX engine. The C5 ZO6 makes 405 hp. The C6 Z06 LS3 makes 550 stock. The LS engines are light weight brutes.

C6 Z is the 505hp LS7.

LS engines have character like redblock variations too. My dad's had a fleet. 6.2 in the Denali that feels like a big truck motor. Had a C5 Z with the LS6. Just sold his C6 Z with the LS7 (obvious favorite). Likely bringing home next week a CTS-V wag with the LS...A? Right? will be the first charged one.

Well this quickly turned into

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YFOpifdJXcs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

True, but that particular 8v is an extremely high budget one :-P

Tate Fanning drove my ****pile a couple weeks ago. Despite making half the power that his car puts out, the following words came out of his mouth and stayed with me: "I wish I had gone 16v".

And that, sir, is all I needed to hear!

because you're only like $8 into your 16v...right? For it to make less power and have nearly the same powerband as my old ****ty 75.

I have nowhere near close to 8k on this engine. Let's feed it 30 PSI and E85 and see what happens.

Isn't there a turbobricks member who has offered 8v head modifications at a very good price? You mail him your head, he machines/modifies it as needed and then sends it back to you?

I have nowhere near close to 8k on this engine. Let's feed it 30 PSI and E85 and see what happens.

I said $8 as in that going 16v was real cheap for you to do...and my old ****box made 350whp on 19psi...

Back