• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Jimbo's Green Wagon: 1972 145S

2k2gsb.jpg

Sad news-no pictures from this past weekend at home, and I didn't really get much done.
Installed door locks, steering lock, fender badges, and air filter (to keep critters out). I didn't even get to start it or install my new (used) radiator.

Currently working a deal on a set of almost new Bilstein HD's and "vintage" cad plated iPD front sway with hardware.

At the moment, I am debating what to do about a cylinder head. I like the idea of an E head for the higher CR and bigger valves. I plan on installing a D cam and tuning the HIF 6's to suit such modifications. Since I have to pull the head to do the cam/lifters anyway, I figure I could do a head swap while I'm at it. Should I bother with an E head, or just put beehive springs on my B head and clean up the exhaust ports?

Maybe he doesn?t have a cellphone that can take pictures like you Ken. Maybe he?s not 18 but over 60

:rofl:

Looks like you'll be needing the 2X dollar store cheaters sooner than later.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Tul5pNiIFgI" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<--- Wondering when all the 'experts' are going to get all up in here and tell him to spend thousands on DCOE 45's, shaving an F head ect ect?

To cruise around in an antique old car anyway ....

<--- Wondering when all the 'experts' are going to get all up in here and tell him to spend thousands on DCOE 45's, shaving an F head ect ect?

To cruise around in an antique old car anyway ....

they're busy getting out of old volvos because

Letterman's top 10 reasons to get out of rwd volvo

- wife said no more
- BMW friends made feel inferior one too many times
- 2017 Corolla is faster
- not safe
- no ac
- parts are NOT free fifty at jy and more than 14.99 on ebay
- HOA said move that thing
- Need room in garage for STD Focus
- Im tired of driving stick
- work wants me to park out back
- turbo is more expensive than what car cost them

Excited to see how this build goes. I remember seeing this car for sale online out of some guy's barn in PA, but you got it before me. I ended up impulse buying a different green 145 soon after. Best of luck, keep it up!

Just snagged a Kaplhenke adapter plate, machined M46 bell housing, and YoshiFab TOB for a pretty good price.
Now to figure out what to do about a clutch.

L7K496D.jpg

RYJq2E1.jpg

they're busy getting out of old volvos because

Letterman's top 10 reasons to get out of rwd volvo

- wife said no more
- BMW friends made feel inferior one too many times
- 2017 Corolla is faster
- not safe
- no ac
- parts are NOT free fifty at jy and more than 14.99 on ebay
- HOA said move that thing
- Need room in garage for STD Focus
- Im tired of driving stick
- work wants me to park out back
- turbo is more expensive than what car cost them

:lol::lol:

New to turbobricks but done quite a few old motors up in the past. I have ‘71 144 with a recon’d B20 which is pretty much stock. Aside bodywork tidy up I want to increase power without swopping out engine for now. Thinking usual like plugs, filter and maybe new carbs. Any suggestions appreciated. Long term I plan to be a bit more adventurous but limited ?? right now.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eMsGjPvJtv6-2ppv5YQS9wECGPvcsvSb/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:
Back