• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Jimbo's Green Wagon: 1972 145S

I must have been transacting with you in lean times! Timing is everything I guess.

Correct.
I still had a second project sitting home, and 2 months later, when said 2nd project has been sold and I actually have a little bit of money to throw at my project.

New to turbobricks but done quite a few old motors up in the past. I have ?71 144 with a recon?d B20 which is pretty much stock. Aside bodywork tidy up I want to increase power without swopping out engine for now. Thinking usual like plugs, filter and maybe new carbs. Any suggestions appreciated. Long term I plan to be a bit more adventurous but limited ?? right now.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eMsGjPvJtv6-2ppv5YQS9wECGPvcsvSb/view?usp=sharing

What carbs do you have right now?
Assuming its an m40 or m41, I would look into installing a D cam and new lifters.
Shoot me a PM and make a build thread! We like pictures and details!

At this juncture, I am currently debating B230FT swapping this as I now have the T5 swap parts, although this makes me think about just plopping a 13T on the b20 and putting a T5 behind it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fDxKwRciRuk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here's the game plan:
1990 (13mm rod) healthy B230FT short block
1984 398 B21FT head with iPD turbo cam
1984 B21Ft K-Jet fuel system
1984 760 intercooler piping, possibly intercooler too
"Custom" intake manifold with an 850 throttle body
90+ tubular exhaust manifold
13T turbo (like a 15g, but a little bit better flowing exhaust housing)
Ford turbo coupe T5 transmission with V8 input shaft and bearing retainer
Excellent used M46 dog dish flywheel and turbo pressure plate
Yoshifab $100 clutch disk

Hopefully, the clutch will slip before the rear end gets too beat.

B23FT ftw too.

Crane it into the trunk of a sedan or put it on a cart and roll it up into the wagon and tie it down.

It's not the getting it into the car, its the fact that its a f*cking V70R and it can hold like 200 pounds MAX.

Yes, I know, I'm an idiot for not taking the b23ft.
We'll see how things play out when I get there.

It's not the getting it into the car, its the fact that its a f*cking V70R and it can hold like 200 pounds MAX..

:bs:

It's made to carry 5 passengers @~ 200# ea.

Needs more 245?

:-P

Yes, I know, I'm an idiot for not taking the b23ft.
We'll see how things play out when I get there.

Stop being a squid, bust it in half and put it on the bus if you have to, but don't leave the B23FT behind!

:please:

Got a 4 cylinder t5 that is healthy for pretty cheap. Whether I keep the b20 or not, I now have a full t5 swap setup minus a clutch disk and speedo cable.

I think I'm staying m40/b20 for the short term at least. The t5 I got is no good so I ended up getting my money back from the seller, fortunately.
Pictures from tonight's "work". I threw in the 3 grille pieces and installed the fender badges.

7u5nCE9l.jpg

HPq9M5rl.jpg

And the last PA inspection sticker:
VrxqUkql.jpg

Yesterday consisted of me running to the pick-n-pull to get a $10 used battery (half off for Black Friday) as well as some coolant. Threw the battery in, installed the good used radiator, and went to start it for the first time in a few months. Promptly discovered that I definitely am not getting fuel (or good fuel, I guess the tank still has gunk in it) as it would crank and crank and crank and sputter and sputter but wouldn't actually light off on more than 1 or 2 cylinders. A fresh ignition tune up wouldn't hurt either.

I leave for college tomorrow morning and then come home for 3 weeks in December 14th.

Having owned three b20s, they sound so good. Just keep it in there and drive the thing. They’re awesome the way they came. Power isn’t everything.

Glad to see you’re moving forward though! 140s are fewer every day.

Having owned three b20s, they sound so good. Just keep it in there and drive the thing. They’re awesome the way they came. Power isn’t everything.

Glad to see you’re moving forward though! 140s are fewer every day.

Yeah! B20 and M40 is a very durable combination. Just drive it and enjoy everything you get time too see when driving not so fast :)

Last edited:
Back