• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

66 122 - The car I shouldnt keep but like too much

Well done! :)

Thank you and everyone for checking in periodically, it actually motivates me to get stuff done

I had to reflow the solder on the filler neck - the neck wasn't centered in the body panel, I fixed that.
Paint came off the gas tank - kids, that's why you should use primer
idIZ5H2h.jpg

quarter panels will be sanded and painted at some point.
bTRAMgAh.jpg

62OFT0mh.jpg

quick sandblasting on trunk
Rzau42Gh.jpg

neutralized remaing the rust and sanded with 220.
k6hsE1Wh.jpg

couple of pin holes, welded up now. (trunk face wasn't happy)
2dTf6hch.jpg

outside of trunk
OWxYnyph.jpg

in primer, watching paint dry :omg:
pvPcHKDh.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome work!

Much respect Jack.

Really enjoying watching this; such great work!

Thank you all

Got the trunk painted - really should have used 3 cans on top but I ran out of time today. Going to Sac morning show/drive. Still need to put the bumper on

repainted the license plate frame, trunk handle and emblem

2OPqcCzh.jpg

PUAVXHYh.jpg

rWCVowdh.jpg

painted inside the license light sockets
POd59yVh.jpg

need the paint to cure more (left some dirty spots - will clean it later)
5U5jG7nh.jpg

Looking good Jack!
Steve

Very nice, looking good!
thanks fellas

Looking good! Quit copying me :-P

:-D

this happened few weeks back - original thread http://turbobricks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=349097

I had a pretty hard run yesterday in the local canyons.... then this happened this morning.

I glad it didn’t happen yesterday
https://imgur.com/a/FwQLn98

n7QJHaAh.jpg

got to check out a butt
4oJTxFfh.jpg

there was no shopping carts there ....took that sign home
hNMmzs6h.jpg

Volvo knew!
46-01%20June%201962%20Rear%20axle%20spicer%20model%2027%20P1200%20P1800%200001.jpg

Finally made time today to get to it.
looks like it must have been cracked for some time - little bit of rust on right side
46VVyqIh.jpg

cleaned yup for welding
ClYQqPWh.jpg

I only have a 115V welder so I heated up the metal and went to town.. will fix at friends house along with the other side
oVxGmcRh.jpg

made brackets
d6p2yc7h.jpg

with reinforcement brackets
F9aehE3h.jpg

replaced this bushing (one side) - kind of PITA to get everything back on since poly doesn't compress as easily.

gAdbDwqh.jpg

installed powdercoated strap retainers (both sides)
mNSDAlWh.jpg

got some stuff back from powder coating

TX3Kw9Zh.jpg

swapped the fan
eFUYNrVh.jpg

Great updates Jack, love everything you’re doing here. What is the large red square piece you got back from powder coat?

Great updates Jack, love everything you?re doing here. What is the large red square piece you got back from powder coat?
thank you. It's becoming a car I enjoy the most working on

I'm guessing it's a tool box drawer.

thats it. some drawers for my old SnapOn box

So I been getting a massive exhaust smell in my cabin. I thought the main cause of it was manifold to exhaust flange - I could never get it to stay tight

I got an old IPD thick walled header and a rally sports exhaust muffler.
7gS73WSh.jpg

removed rust using electrolysis
HjpmXwah.jpg

The 3 bolt flage sucks so I got a Vband kit from summit
eRzuO0Hh.jpg

high temp paint with new flange
NWpjioLh.jpg

2.5 to 2 inch reducer
IgrmQsah.jpg

covered with exhaust wrap
0TmlDmyh.jpg

Turns out old maifold broke
by77JlLh.jpg

got it all installed tonight but I didnt get a flex joint to connect between reducer and existing exhaust so I just made (very poorly) an old pipe work. Leaks like I knew it would. Going to an exhaust shop on Monday.
I also broke cylinder #4 exhaust stud. I;ll be replacing that in the next day or so also

You can buy a new manifold from Summit. P/N: PTE-H4850 ($179)

the "stock" manifold cracked and I installed an old IPD one. From what I hear its all thin walled stuff now and doesnt last ... but price is right

Yesterday got all new exhaust made for it from header all the way out the back and had a shop install my amazon rally muffler. (will need to take pictures under the car) No more clunks and the car really woke up. Runs really well and is much faster than before

ffHSsWZh.jpg

while installing my header I broke off this stud so I replaced it yesterday using the welding trick

busted
Q85K6ljh.jpg

weld nut on
yz6EjJBh.jpg

and it's off
OaJIJhCh.jpg

took it out for some photos - 3 miles from home
Eq0DHozh.jpg

KQ6FF95h.jpg

HuFtORjh.jpg

WyapycFh.jpg

gDgpGDDh.jpg

got a carwash today. The washboys said I get "car of the day" :oogle:

jwcbyy3h.jpg

Haha so cool, great news on the iPd header and sport exhaust waking the old B18 up!

When do the red Powder coated steelies go on?

I found one of those IPD/dSummit/elsewhere Patriot brand headers on Amazon once for $75(ish) shipped. For that price, hard to go wrong.

I got it, it had nasty blobby welds inside the ports, sticking the thin tubes to the flange. Bad idea, but I took a die grinder and gronud down the worst of the blobs.

Then it lasted a coupla-three years until one of the pipes cracked loose from the flange. I tacked that one back on, but after a couple of more months a second pipe cracked loose. Time for something better - I got a nice hefty solid 4:2:1 style from KGTrimning.

Back