• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

ksport coilovers fir 2/7/9 series

MadDog_945

Våga Vägra 8V
hi, lmr and raidopower are now offering weld in spindles coilovers.. has anyone tried these?

i quite like the system cause you thread up the whole damper not loosing any travel when going low :) might be a nice christmas gift to myself :)

Well since these offerings are so new, I imagine very few have purchased them. The fwd guys seem to like them. Can't hurt to try if you don't mind the cost.

In the rear only GAZ or Protech, the cheap stuff is just useless. Bilstein have also been unreliable for me so stay well clear of them these day in the rear of a Volvo

for anything sold for around $1000 for a volvo, I am pretty sure they all use the same Taiwanese made dampers (ksport, BC, etc) that they use in their whole line of suspensions for every car.

I must say it is very frustrating to look for PU-Bushes and a good coiloverkit.. in some webshops are the pics crappy or from a 240 generic pic, then you get manufacturer genric pics.,. which always seems to be one off a e36 bimmer ;)

anyway..

what i have is:

a very good KAW damper system in OEM insert length front and rear (adapted koni yellows)
23mm ARB
the will to fab as much as one can on my own

i can sell the suspension i have, no problem. when i have to use shorter inserts or the front doesnt macht the read.. all out of one hand is better ;)

But.. what to take.. ksport they say is ****ty, BC is also meh? DIY Coilover Kits.. could the sellers be adviced to inform about the designated insert length? I dont know..

The same for PU Bushes.. every shop you're looking in sells bushes in complete kits or front and rear kits or in seperated kits and them varies under the shops also ^^ Then they have SuperPro/Flex bushes compared to their own parts.. it is super intransparent i think..

BC is also meh? DIY Coilover Kits.. could the sellers be adviced to inform about the designated insert length? I dont know..

The same for PU Bushes.. every shop you're looking in sells bushes in complete kits or front and rear kits or in seperated kits and them varies under the shops also ^^ Then they have SuperPro/Flex bushes compared to their own parts.. it is super intransparent i think..
For me BC front struts have worked great. Had the same pair in 4.6 V90 and 965 and now a pair in -92 245. Have also used Gaz shocks with coilover conversion and liked it. But BC is a "bolt-on" with less work, around the same price and performance. Time will tell if the shocks are as durable as Gaz.

BC rears might be decent if the car isn't driven at all. There is very narrow area, 19-21 clicks, where the shock somewhat works. Also I've heard they aren't very durable. Same pair of Gaz rear shocks have served "B6284T" 245 well for around 7 years. Might still not be the best, but here it's way cheaper than BC with much better adjustability and behaviour, especially under varying loads.

haha rereading my last post sounds a bit whiney :D but it is quite frustrating, cause most of the times one small infos is loosing to make a picture.. anyway.. im in email contact with a vendor now.. hope things will get clear

Back