• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

940 '91 Wagon rear seats borked

woodenpudden

lacks goats
The release for the latch so I can fold the seats down is dead. It seized one day out of the blue, plastic pull-handle exploded in my hands, no big deal really. Except that I can't even get the seat latch to pop with vise grips on the metal rod that goes to the center of the seat back.

2 part question: How can I get this turd out of the car? Can't access the recessed allen-head bolts that hold the catch onto the floor because the metal latch is still attached to the seat, and I can't get it off the seat due to bolt access again.

Is there a way to get '93 (?) plus seats to fit in a '91? The seat backs are slightly different.

Yes with major mods. The pivot point is at a different height, therefore, you have to cut the brackets off of the inner wheel house and put them in a different location. Then, you need all the brackets that go with the newer design seat and you have to add an attachment point for the headrest retraction mechanism. It is easily doable with a welder, however, no walk in the park.

I only know the 245 when this happens. I usually soak the latches on either end with penetrating oil and wait a few days. You can also use something like HHS 2000 or whatever wurth calls it now. Then you have to pull the cable ends both at once and that usually gets them free. The plastic handles on the 240 do the explosive thing as well. Hope that helps you.

I made a hook from coat hanger wire and released the hatch like this.
BAAweaD.jpg

Back