• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

T5 T/O fork

86740gle

Just got my t5 swapped 940 up and running and noticed a nasty grind when I depressed the pedal. It was not bad at first and I figured it was maybe clutch chatter. But after having to drive the car to and from the exhaust shop it got worse so I pulled the trans tonight and here is what I found.
JuR3843.jpg

168RNlK.jpg

Looks as though the arm itself is actually grinding against the PP.
This is not allowing the clutch to fully disengage so shifts were let's say rough.
My thoughts are that the early 740 cable clutch setup for the flat flywheel is not playing nice with the thicker dogdish flywheel in my 940.
Bellhousing is from a m46 and is modified for a kaplhenke adapter plate.

When I picked out a throw out bearing what I looked for was something as close to the original as possible.
Any suggestions on how to alleviate this issue?
Taller t/o bearing maybe?
Just notch the arm?
I just don't want to end up having to take this whole thing apart again.
This is a GM t5

What does this pivot ball spacer method involve?
Washers between the fork pivot ball and the inside of the bell housing? I googled it and came up with nada.

In for comments.
Been having issues with mine and it trashed the throw out bearing, just replaced it with a ford hd bearing and made some adjustments so we'll see how that goes.

It wasn't washers I needed, it was at least 3/4 of an inch or more I believe.

Mine was due to the saab pressure plate I believe - it's shaped different.

I second the Mcleod or yoshi throwout bearing.

Back