• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

(Not*) Mediocre 242

I started tuning it a bit today, and this turbo spools quick. I could have gotten away with a bigger one no problem; and probably should have actually. I am having a bit of trouble controlling the boost with my 38 mm wastegate. I have a 15 psi spring in, but the turbine housing flows so much air it hits my boost cut at 20 psi. I'm going to put in a 7 psi spring which will hopefully make it manageable.

I think the maximum I'll do is 30 psi on E85 and see what that gets me. Hopefully it's enough.

Even with the 7 psi spring in, it still hits my boost cut. I'm going to increase the line size from the compressor housing and bypass my solenoid to see if that's part of the problem.

Damn, this car is awesome. Cool to see someone so committed to an 8v!

4GZ7PJV.gif

Messed with it a bit and figured out why I was overboosting. My boost by gear target settings were overriding my pressure and duty cycle tables. So I fixed that, but now I get a pretty strong oscillation around my boost target in closed loop. I can pretty much hit my target with open loop, so I've got some more tuning to figure out.

Back