• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Boosted on a budget

Since your harness is all tucked, I'd see if you can find a harness adapter or something like that. But personally I'm a big fan of wiring from scratch. Mega/micro are pretty much like wiring a stereo, some power, some grounds, some on/off stuff, and a couple this goes here's and that goes there's.

Since your harness is all tucked, I'd see if you can find a harness adapter or something like that. But personally I'm a big fan of wiring from scratch. Mega/micro are pretty much like wiring a stereo, some power, some grounds, some on/off stuff, and a couple this goes here's and that goes there's.

i remember someone on the site who made them to plug right into the stock harness. anyone know whom that was so I can reach out to them?

Ok. I hate this car.

Calling all help. Any help from anyone with Mega/Micro squirt knowledge willing to help.

Im going to rip LH out and replace it. Problem: I have no idea what im doing. I am researching and reading. Hopefully I will find out that I am capable of learning the aspects of tuning. I am not strong in that section. It seems harder to get help these days when you need em so my next adventure is going to be a long rough one.

I really want to thank everyone who has contributed advice and help to me over the past few years. Its been awesome having someone who cares enough to help. From finding a shop rag in the intercooler piping to LH tuning. Thank you all!

No that im done crying, I am going to start my Micro Squirt journey!!

I will be doing MS3pro sometime this year or early next. Been doing a little research each week. Feel i'm in the same boat as you... You just need to find the good people that are will to help guide you. Still a lot of very good knowledgeable people on here. You seem to have a lot of good followers on your build thread willing to help. Don't give up and look forward to following your thread!

Thanks,

Did you rewire or just reroute LH wiring harness? I'm planning to do MS swap too, but finns who have done MS conversion recomend to use new harness. No old crusty wires with old connectors. Some have told that it is more easy and less broblems to use MS wiring in MS. Cool build, keep it up!

Well, this is mega inspiring!

I am planning to completely rewire my 242 whenever it gets on the way haha, so will be looking at this and some other guys too.

Keep up the good work! :)

ADam

I've had my brake level sensor disconnected for years now and never had the light come on but today all of the sudden the brake failure light popped on very dim and stayed on. Not sure why it started doing this. Brakes are great and the failure light is not integrated into the system on a 91 other than the level sensor. Any ideas?

Typically that light is dual purpose: Handbrake on and/or fluid low. Unsure if that covers old Volvos, I drive too many different cars to remember!

Hand brake light is on another circuit. There's a small switch in between the seats for that one.
I have no idea why it's on. I'm just going to keep checking things until I find why. I see that it's tied to the alternator down the line on the wiring diagram. It may be loose there.

Brake fail light is also for the proportioning valve thingy isn't it? If I plug the sensor in on the 86 in the light comes on.

Brake fail light is also for the proportioning valve thingy isn't it? If I plug the sensor in on the 86 in the light comes on.

That's for pre 91. My car has a pressure sensor in the reservoir. There isn't a switch in the valve.

I started checking wires and still no luck.

On a separate note, I hit a big ass pothole on I5 and smashed in my oil pan :omg:

CCA76A9E-59AE-4B41-B771-FD2677C904CA.jpg

That's for pre 91. My car has a pressure sensor in the reservoir. There isn't a switch in the valve.

I started checking wires and still no luck.

On a separate note, I hit a big ass pothole on I5 and smashed in my oil pan :omg:

Lol that's what you get for lowering your car. Do what others said and check grounds. Or take the bulb out.

Back