• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Reasonably priced 4l80e converters?

Hank Scorpio

Chubfest 2009 Survivor
300+ Club
Any recommendations from you LS guys for reasonably priced 4l80 converters? Need something around 3000'ish stall and still lock up.

Power levels aren't insane which is good. <800bhp (and not even that for quite a while)

I used to use PDQ back when I built Th400's but they were just stock rebuilds. Upside is PDQ is literally 10 minutes from my house.

Last edited:
a lot of the cost is going to be driven by whether or not you want a multi disc converter or are happy with a single disc. I probably don't need the multi in mine, but I got it so I could tow with the converter locked to help keep heat down. (and you know, locking it up on the dyno is fun too, but nowadays they have pretty good cohesion even on higher stall converters, so you're not normally slipping your ******* off through the powerband)

I bought a Circle D one for my 4l60e 2800 stall with lock up. Cost me $400 + shipping. Huge difference over the stock truck one. Its just a basic single disk they have. I think its a street pro or something. They have great customer service

Jakes I couldn't get anyone to answer the phone or call me back so I went to Circle D

Jakes looks like the place for the rebuild kits. I'll have to check out their convertors too.

Bought a 1.80 glide and converter from Jake. Converter failed within 2 miles and pumped crap all through the trans. I had to get trans repaired locally. Sent converter back to Jake and they fixed and returned with the wrong pilot depth which I also had to get fixed locally. Worst experience ever.

Bought a 1.80 glide and converter from Jake. Converter failed within 2 miles and pumped crap all through the trans. I had to get trans repaired locally. Sent converter back to Jake and they fixed and returned with the wrong pilot depth which I also had to get fixed locally. Worst experience ever.

oh damn thats unfortunate :/

the circle d i have stalls no where near the rating, maybe they sen me the wrong one

a lot of the cost is going to be driven by whether or not you want a multi disc converter or are happy with a single disc. I probably don't need the multi in mine, but I got it so I could tow with the converter locked to help keep heat down. (and you know, locking it up on the dyno is fun too, but nowadays they have pretty good cohesion even on higher stall converters, so you're not normally slipping your ******* off through the powerband)

Good to know. I don't have any intentions for towing and locking on the dyno would be ok but not really a necessity.

you will be fine with a single disk converter, however, for a few hundred bucks more you get something much better. all torque in north highlands makes good converters as well and they are local to you, they offer one free restall and are very affordable. also you can go talk to the owner.

I've never heard anything good about Jake's yet! A local guy had a built 80e fail right away from him also.

Back