• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Correct Anti-seize for stainless Exhaust manifold studs

Don't know if you can get the nice OE radial/toothy knurl pattern nuts for the n/a manifold to downpipe anymore. Allows a socket to fit well for easy removal, functions like a more primitive nord-lock washer in a hot spot.
Nothing else has worked quite as nicely in that spot.

Good luck.

Pegasus sells locking Metric "jet nuts" with a reduced hex that might work nicely on a NA downpipe. I haven't had any issues with non-locking nuts on those studs, though, I just tighten them "FT" and they stay tight.

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productselection.asp?Product=MJET

^Above my pay grade.
I just try to swap bolt-on stuff without doing a custom engine harness or anything and get more life out of what's already there/keep the dual belts.

That, & the remote reservoir PS is usually a fountain of oozing gross mess on these cars, so the 92-93 240 PS pump is kind of a mercy/simplifies the engine bay, of the OE setups they used.

^Above my pay grade.
I just try to swap bolt-on stuff without doing a custom engine harness or anything and get more life out of what's already there/keep the dual belts.

That, & the remote reservoir PS is usually a fountain of oozing gross mess on these cars, so the 92-93 240 PS pump is kind of a mercy/simplifies the engine bay, of the OE setups they used.

no custom harness required. There are 3 wires that go beneath the crank. Those are alternator wire, alternator exciter wire, and oil pressure sensor wire. You just reattach the alternator wires, then make a small extension for the oil pressure sensor wire.

foregoing dual belts, yes, but also getting greater belt contact length on the pulley.

I think the only worry is collision with the distributor, but I've seen pictures of it working (240 engine swapped into 940 car)

38aaFHVh.jpg

You must not have driven a 240 in texas summers. The alt gets way too hot.

Zero charging at idle on stock and 100a denso. 100a bosch at least keeps it above 13V with AC on, phone charging, headlights on, aux fan on, rear evacuator fan, radio on, etc

The low alt is also more prone to water messing it up

240 turbos had a heat shield on the alternator. But by the time I got my car in 95 it was already rusty and falling off. Probably hasn't been available for a long time. Even the heat shields for the 90+ turbo manifold came up nla last time I checked. I count on that mechanical fan to keep the air moving.

Speaking of piping cooling air. My old 80 porsche 924 I had back in the 90s used a ducted cool air feed to the alternator. That was the first time I'd seen that.

Back