• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Ethanol and K-Jet

After I discovered in a post on farcebook that I was tagged in, that the previous owner of my 245 let his father in law run the car on 3 year old E10 a few weeks before I bought it, I realized that I probably should not reuse the old fuel distributor from said car on any car. So, I did what Volvo says not to do...

Yup!

One side of the metering needle assembly. Note some corrosion on the screens...

More corrosion.

Not bad here.

Looks ok.

Minor corrosion.

FPR looks kinda crappy.

Corrosion on these as well.

So, yeah, probably not a good idea to let a K-Jet car sit with E10 in it. For that matter, maybe not run E10 on an LH-Jet car either, if at all possible. Apparently, the ethanol eats the FPR diaphragms.

Just a thought...Maybe its the fact that water mixes with alky-haul rather than staying all in a big blob in the tank and maybe its the WATER in contact--and especially in contact and sitting that makes fuels containing alky-haul bad.

Nice piccies of the place you have to mod to make K-jet pass more fuel up top with turbo cars

Hey you ever hear anything from Roderick? I keep getting ominous looking mail for him.
PM me.

Back