• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Andrew's 122 turbo project

After a really long time some things are happening. Waiting on lots of little bits to show up now. Still need to find some kind of PCV hose that can make a sharp 180 without kinking.

FGn1VgZl.jpg

Last edited:
-8 hose or 1/2”. I had found a nice molded hose that worked perfectly but it wasn’t oil-rated so it fell apart.

The filter does alright and has been there for a while. Just stuff a shop rag under it when you spin it off and it’s not really any messier than regular b230 oil changes. I’ve always looked back and hated the way I did the filter and thermostat though. It’s just too cluttered. I’ll get around to working on a more elegant solution one of these days. Lots of more important projects to be finished before that.

How sharp is the radius for the hose ? Could you use a small section of aluminum tubing to make the bend and never worry about kinks ?

How's the garage fix coming along ? If you have it in your budget, consider Red Guard for the lower 5-6 inches of your walls. I did that in our garage in Kentucky, I would pressure wash the interior of the garage and not worry about the water ruining the bottom of the drywall. You can paint over it, it's discreet.

How sharp is the radius for the hose ? Could you use a small section of aluminum tubing to make the bend and never worry about kinks ?

How's the garage fix coming along ? If you have it in your budget, consider Red Guard for the lower 5-6 inches of your walls. I did that in our garage in Kentucky, I would pressure wash the interior of the garage and not worry about the water ruining the bottom of the drywall. You can paint over it, it's discreet.

I need it to make a 180 in about 3-4”. Aluminum would probably work so that might be worth looking into. A couple of tube ends and I’d be in business.

I haven’t done much to the garage aside from building a 10’ work bench and buying a legit toolbox. Kinda put the brakes on drywall since I’d really have to do ceilings in order for it to be worth it.

Inspirational! Thanks for sharing. My 122 has been sitting due to a soft pedal after brake swap. Need some motivation haha

I was thinking about doing that. It’s pretty hidden under the intake. I’m leaning toward bending an aluminum line and using a couple tube ends if I can find the right parts to do that.

It quickly filled up with tools and bikes and I stopped after hanging new lights. We ended up cleaning out two houses so it spent a lot of time full of furniture and other junk. I just got it cleaned back up to a state where I can work in it.

I’m not setting a goal to have it ready because that never works out for me but if it’s drivable then I’ll bring it. The mountains are not kind to cars so I’d like to have a little time to make sure everything is kosher before sending it. We’ll see :e-shrug:

Been steadily checking small things off the to-do list. Changing the turbo/manifold necessitated some plumbing changes so I figured up a way to hook up water lines to the 16t. Took some 13c water lines and bent/cut them up to fit.

wt5f0o2.jpg

c96ViPJ.jpg

wvuGGII.jpg

I had to find a way to clean up all those unsightly oil lines but still have an accessible oil filter. Finally managed to do that with a 940 filter arm and a Setrab sandwich plate. The wastegate actuator bracket was stopping me from keeping the oil filter on the block. Everything packages in there pretty nicely now and can be accessed without too much grief.

NJRAn2Y.jpg

EraMrF3.jpg

nbqZ0A1.jpg

I fought a weird brake pedal a while back when I put the R brakes on the front. It stopped but not like I would expect it to. I talked with Kyle some and decided it was probably that I didn't use a residual pressure valve anywhere in the system. So I had a new hose made up to fit a 2 psi valve.

yBMVxkI.jpg

And that gets me to this point. Gotta relocate the battery to the trunk, make a downpipe, make up a couple more oil cooler lines, and find a coolant expansion tank that fits up in there somewhere.

dGSkbPC.jpg

Here's a crappy video of it running. Needs a lot of tuning and one of my oil cooler lines is seeping.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-u5Nsp-6eHs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back