• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

4" DP on a 16v?

Damn. Blunt.
:lol:

No time for niceties. Too busy overkilling stuff. But for real, I believe everything that people said, and I know a lot of them are way better at this than I am. But at the end of the day, I just wanted to try something. If I ever get bored, I want to make a 3" down pipe out of cheaper steel and run them back to back for comparison. But there's almost no chance I'll get bored.

It's so big that it won't even matter that you necked back down to what appears to be 3" lol

Yeah, it was always going to go back to 3". No way I'd run a 4" exhaust. I looked at continuing the 4" until the v-band at the exhaust, about midway down the transmission, but ground clearance is already a pain on this car.

No time for niceties. Too busy overkilling stuff. But for real, I believe everything that people said, and I know a lot of them are way better at this than I am. But at the end of the day, I just wanted to try something. If I ever get bored, I want to make a 3" down pipe out of cheaper steel and run them back to back for comparison. But there's almost no chance I'll get bored.

Yeah, it was always going to go back to 3". No way I'd run a 4" exhaust. I looked at continuing the 4" until the v-band at the exhaust, about midway down the transmission, but ground clearance is already a pain on this car.

I like the 2 stroke-y-ness of the design. Looks awesome. Honestly, I think youll be happy with it.

On the 122 I plan to neck down from 3" to 2.5 at the axle. But I have this 3" valve that might find its way in before the neck down.

Not sure if you care, or have thought about it, but throwing an external wastegate set to like 1/2 you max boost pressure down by the neck down might be cool. little boost activated cutout action.

Back