• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The 2019 East vs West Competition.

Lots of MPH. No ET

Here's the timeslip from my freshly assembled left for dead 740 wagon.

I seem to be competing for the trap speed only award.

Right Lane is me. #107
attachment.php

Attachments

• septtimeslip.jpg
    septtimeslip.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
I do have some 16 second slips from my stock 740 wagon too. I made 5 or 6 passes in Sacramento when I was out there. I'll see if I can find them.

Why doesn't anyone like drag racing any more? Are Volvo peeps discouraged by 11 second Teslas or something?
It is still the best car get together in town and everyone gets to race their cars.
attachment.php

Attachments

• staginglanesvolvo.jpg
    staginglanesvolvo.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
I'm gonna make an effort to get all the swapped cars out there (mine, sam's, and mark's), and maybe even the R this fall. unlikely that I'll get the gold car/green wagon #2 together any time soon, I suppose I could do something silly like drop an 8v in and spray the absolute dog**** out of it... hm....

Here's the timeslip from my freshly assembled left for dead 740 wagon.
I can't see either of your time slips.

Added Kyles timeslips. Was that last one another for the 244? I thought that was the S60?
Both runs are the S60, I just didn't initially have the best run's slip on my phone and wanted to get something posted. The 244 is sitting, waiting, sleeping, deteriorating... :-(

I do have some 16 second slips from my stock 740 wagon too. I made 5 or 6 passes in Sacramento when I was out there. I'll see if I can find them.

Why doesn't anyone like drag racing any more? Are Volvo peeps discouraged by 11 second Teslas or something?
It is still the best car get together in town and everyone gets to race their cars.

View attachment 16890

The only racing on here these days are members racing their mouths talkin' smack about heating their houses, flooring installations etc. :-P No wonder Pat never logs in anymore.

I can't see either of your time slips.

Both runs are the S60, I just didn't initially have the best run's slip on my phone and wanted to get something posted. The 244 is sitting, waiting, sleeping, deteriorating... :-(

Weird. I just attached the jpeg images to the post directly. I usually have better luck doing that than linking to my remote photos.

And I can see them. Must be some permissions setting?

The only picture I can see of yours is the one of the 745T next to the old Pontiac. I don't know why!

Attachments

• RogerDee-10-33.jpg
    RogerDee-10-33.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
Damn that's a movin. Give deets RogerDEE. Quebec. That's east right?

I entered Turbo Chevy something or other. I can't remember the car details.

Yes Quebec so East...

LS 5.3L with forged internals and a big ass B&W turbo. He also has meth injection. A TH400 tranny was used for that run. He's on MS3 I think.

And for the East this is Dave_242gt time on the same day RogerDee did his. 1978 242 GT, B23 block,
8V ported head,
custom cam (VW 1.8t copy)
h-beam rods, GM 3.8L pistons,
T3 .63 and T4 52mm turbo
MS, T5 tranny,
Ford 8.8 rear.
He's going to send me an in car video of the run. Here's the picture of the slip (Dave Rivard on the left):

Attachments

• IMG_20191014_112010.jpg
    IMG_20191014_112010.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Right on. Canada posting up some great times. A 12 second redblock Volvo is pretty badass.

Dave_242GT times added to the board.

And for the East this is Dave_242gt time on the same day RogerDee did his. 1978 242 GT, B23 block, 8V head, h-beam rods, GM pistons, MS, T5 tranny, Ford 8.8 rear. He's going to send me an in car video of the run. Here's the picture of the slip (Dave Rivard on the left):

Back