• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

15g upgrade options

90volvo

I have TD04hl-15g with the angled flange with the big 3 bolt flange w/3 inch down pipe. I?m gonna upgrade but want to keep the exhaust side the same. What is the biggest I can go without changing the hot side. I?ve tried to research and little unclear. Was gonna buy the 19t upgrade. But didn?t know if there was a better and bigger option. Oh yeh. My goals? 300+ I know it will take more than just turbo. So here?s what I?m running now
V cam 4? adv.
Ported +90 manifold
Npr intercooler
Green giant injectors
3 inch amp
3inch exhaust
Afr gauge
Boost gauge good one
Single fuel pump it?s plenty big
3.73 traction lock
M47 but soon to be aw71.

Don't waste your money on maxing out small mitsu turbo's.
These engines come to life when using big turbo's and a good flowing exhaust side.

The easiest option is to mill the flange of the 90+ and use a decent T3 turbo on there. (50 trim t3/t4, hy35, etc)

Gotcha, I appreciate you giving advice. I can do that. I even have a T3/T4 but dont have the 5 bolt wastegate. All I can find is a wastegate with 2.5 exhaust? Was afraid it would bottle neck the flow but maybe I am wrong?

Since you already have the T3/T04 turbo. There are a couple of ways to go to get a 3" piipe on it. You can use he Sierra Cosworth turbine housing whch John V recommends. You can use the ATP ulitmate wastegate for T3 and there are V band turbine housings that are 3" like the turbo that is linked. ATP Turbo probably sells a turbine housing that would work for you.

Since you already have the T3/T04 turbo. There are a couple of ways to go to get a 3" piipe on it. You can use he Sierra Cosworth turbine housing whch John V recommends. You can use the ATP ulitmate wastegate for T3 and there are V band turbine housings that are 3" like the turbo that is linked. ATP Turbo probably sells a turbine housing that would work for you.

Hey thanks for info. Just kinda weighing my options. Probably wait til I get the auto. in it. Have good ex. shop local. Wasnt sure if the one that was linked above have a 3 inch outlet on it. I appreciate it, will get part in mail to you this week. Been crazy at work.

Don't waste your money on maxing out small mitsu turbo's.
These engines come to life when using big turbo's and a good flowing exhaust side.

The easiest option is to mill the flange of the 90+ and use a decent T3 turbo on there. (50 trim t3/t4, hy35, etc)
I love the quick spool of the little mitsu's, nice torque down low, better drivability for a street car, no need to rev so high to get power.
I've been thinking about upgrading my turbo too but don't want loose that and get lot's of lag before the boost in return.

I love the quick spool of the little mitsu's, nice torque down low, better drivability for a street car, no need to rev so high to get power.
I've been thinking about upgrading my turbo too but don't want loose that and get lot's of lag before the boost in return.

agree, from stop light to stop light I dont think you can beat it. Im putting the T3 on hold and upgrading the 15g to 19t. I already had the 19T compressor and wheel. Should have it back together tomorrow (hopefully). Ill let you know what I think.

Stock engine, HY35 1.2bar at 3000 rpm. Positive pressure at 2000.
Day and night difference compared to the 18T. The torque curve actually got wider.

Stock engine, HY35 1.2bar at 3000 rpm. Positive pressure at 2000.
Day and night difference compared to the 18T. The torque curve actually got wider.

Ive never driven one with the T3/T4 was curious about how quick it would spool up. They must work cause everybody is running them. That will be my next stage after the aw71 swap.

Back