• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

"Junkyard" T3 combinations for 230FT

86WHITE765

junkyardturbo.JPG

I am now the proud (?) owner of three T3 junkyard turbocharger assemblies (one stock Volvo Garrett, one Merkur Garrett, and one Merkur AiResearch) at very low cost. I also have the stock Garrett T3 on my stock 86 760. My intent is to build up a combination turbo for an upgrade to the whole system that I am collecting low-cost pieces for. (See way below for what I have and intend to use.)

I have been searching and reading for days, and I'm so confused by the conflicting opinions, sloppy terminology, and outright bs that I'm getting frustrated.

I know the definition of A/R ratios and trims and that on the hot side a larger A/R ratio makes for spooling later in the engine RPM range, but can produce higher maximum potential flow. I am not clear on how the hot side and the cold side interact or if this application would actually require that potential flow. Remember, I'm rev limited by an automatic transmission.

It seems like a larger A/R ratio cold side (still T3, let's not confuse things with T4) should be able to put a little more air into the engine without increasing the intake temperature as much as a smaller one. So I thought of using one of the two .60 A/R 60 trim compressors I have on the Merkur turbos. I think my current goals would top out around 25 pounds of fuel.

t3-50-raw.gif
t3-60trim-raw.gif

I intended to use a "Cosworth" .48 A/R turbine housing (listed at attractive prices on this forum) with one of these center sections (all water-cooled) and some combination of the trim wheels I find when I actually take them apart. After all this reading, I'm afraid the .48 hotside may make for too much exhaust backpressure at higher RPM's. (And yes, I have read those threads too - full of conflicting opinions.)

So can someone outline for me in orderly technical terms how this really works on a Volvo 230?

It seems to me that my limiting factor is going to be the octane rating of pump gas, so at some point I won't be able to feed the engine any more air/fuel because of detonation. If the hot side is spinning fast enough (and has sufficient torque to drive the cold side - which seems to be an issue nobody discusses as such??) to drive the cold side to produce the amount of airflow and pressure to max out the volumetric efficiency of the engine, then the waste gate management opens the waste gate and excess exhaust gas flow bypasses the turbine scroll. If the internal Cosworth wastegate bypasses as efficiently as it looks like it should - doesn't this make the restriction of the turbine itself not particularly matter? This is the important point I am unclear on - does the Cosworth T3 .48 turbine have the ability to max out the compressor side? If so, why would I need any larger turbine?

What I have already collected for this major system upgrade: the above mentioned turbos, 90+ manifold, 531 head, "A" cam, NPR intercooler, two complete APC systems, A/F guage, Calibrated boost guage, oil cooler. What I'm still looking for or need to buy: late model turbo block with squirters, downpipe/exhaust system.

Last edited:
I have a ported 90+ with a 63/42a/r t3 and a k-cam.

Riding in tuned audis i have noticed that those little k03/4 turbos that they use start spitting hot air at like 5,500rpm. And the car starts to fall on its face. Its a crappy feeling and i wanted a setup to completely avoid that. But man the turbo spools fast and hits hard. I have never seen 20psi come on so quick.

The 63 im running has a smooth solid spool up and i reach 5psi (my currant max boost) at 3,000rpm The car pulls harder and harder all the way to 6k. It feels faster the faster you go. At 5psi im no where near maxing out the coldside of this turbo. But by only running 5psi i can really tell how efficient the 63a/r hotside is. Very low restriction in the higher rpm. Im curious to see how the 42 a/r cold side will do with 12-14psi at 5-6k rpms.

So unless you're looking for a fast spool time and more low down grunt i would highly recomend the 63a/r hotside.

I think you are trying to get too technical. Dont overanalyze relationship between turbine and compressor wheel. I wouldn't even worry about compressor housing A/R. I think Ford Compressor housings were either .42 or .60 A/R. You have to run custom flanges or pipes to run a Merkur compressor housing on a Volvo.

The relationship between turbine wheel and compressor wheel isn't something I can really explain. Why get too worried about it?

You just run as much boost as you can without knocking. You can add more fuel or octane.

On my 16vt I will intially be running a .63 A/R Volvo turbine housing behind a Ford 60 TRIM compressor wheel with a Nissan .42 A/R Compressor housing.

Cheap bet would be try one of the $150 ebay t3/t4's crank the boost and come back and report with results.

If you're keeping the auto and the stock EMS i'd go with the cossie .48 trim. you're not going to be wanting to rev more than 5.5k to often to keep that AW71 happy and the crappy 1800 RPM stall speed needs a lot of TQ to get the car moving. Your 0-45mph times will be noticeably quicker.

If you're not going to max hp or high revs i think the .48 trim will be a good match for the auto.

When I had the stock turbo (mitsu tdo4-13c or what ever it was) in my car i could light up the tires from a stoplight, floor it and 10' down the link tire smoke... but it would peater out at 4.7k rpm. TQ at 2200 rpm was great.

Now that I've got a T3 .60 with a .63 hot side I can't just lay on the gas and break the tires loose. The car is over a sec faster in the 1/8th easily 2 sec faster in the 1/4mi but my power below 3k rpm feels less. Totally makes up for it above 4.5k. I'm moving to a manual tranny ASAP so I'm living with it. Honestly the stall speed on the auto tranny is what kills the 60' times.

So considering you mentioned a auto tranny and didn't mention anything about changing the EMS to raise the stock rev limiter, and you didn't say anything about going for high RPM (5+k) power personally I'd go with the smaller better flowing cossie housing.

Also any .48 trim hotside will be able to outflow a .60 trim cold side, don't worry about that.

You had a carefully worded detailed post, and I hope you find my answer informative. No science behind it just experience.

Last edited:
If the hot side is spinning fast enough (and has sufficient torque to drive the cold side - which seems to be an issue nobody discusses as such??) to drive the cold side to produce the amount of airflow and pressure to max out the volumetric efficiency of the engine, then the waste gate management opens the waste gate and excess exhaust gas flow bypasses the turbine scroll. If the internal Cosworth wastegate bypasses as efficiently as it looks like it should - doesn't this make the restriction of the turbine itself not particularly matter? This is the important point I am unclear on - does the Cosworth T3 .48 turbine have the ability to max out the compressor side? If so, why would I need any larger turbine?
The relationship between hot and cold side wheels is a bit tricky, and even I don't really get it, but for your stock(ish) turbos I wouldn't even worry about it. Infector worded it well, for your low rpm needs the .48 isn't a bad choice at all.

But to clarify your wastegate thoughts for a second... The wastegate is way simpler in operation than you're making it out to be. Turbos make boost pressure, and if there was no form of wastegate control they would keep spinning faster until they literally max out and can't spin faster with the exhaust gas you're spitting at it, lets say 30psi just for arguments sake. If you want 10psi, you adjust the wastegate rod (or install a boost controller), then when the wastegate actuator sees 10psi it will extend the rod and open the flapper, bypassing exhaust gasses. Very very simple. It does this continuously and quickly, varying itself so that it always sees 10psi. The wastegate has nothing to do with maxing out the VE of the engine. :) Say the cossie turbine housing, with its awesome flowing flapper, I would guess that it just needs to open less than a similar garrett. But keep in mind that the flapper is always closed until you hit your max boost, and that's where a good unrestrictive turbine housing works well. Also, even with the flapper wide open and you're at your 10psi, only a little bit of gas is flowing through the flapper, just enough to hold 10psi. The rest of the gas is still flowing through the turbine housing and spinning the turbo, in turn spinning the compressor wheel and making power. That's the more important reason why you want a good flowing and unrestrictive turbine housing to keep those EBR's down.

I think that made sense... it's late. Hope it helps!

John

Infector 944 - You have interpreted my intentions very well. As long as that auto is in there - there are upper limits I have no need (or way) to push. One of my junk turbos is a .60/63, so that is a possible option, but the cracks around the wastegate are large enough that I think I would need to block it, and do an external wastegate, which I haven't researched because I thought the .48 cosworth housing would work better with the auto. Thanks for giving me the benefit of your experience.

t3/t4, anything smaller is just too small(hell my t3/t4 looks small)

i plan on .63 t3 hotside with a 3in vband outlet and my t4 .60 coldside

I have a .50 to4/.48 TIII/Cossie/Whatever housing. My car falls flat on its face at 5500. Doesnt matter if im at 5 psi or 20psi. I think its head/cam related. Either way, the wastegate flows enough for me to have zero creep issues. I can hold 5 psi-20psi with no fluctuations or creep. I would say thats a testament to that turbo.

just remember!! you can force feed somthing that doesn't open it's mouth all the way. your cam profile still plays greatly into your performance, as well as timing , and fuel maps.

I have a .50 to4/.48 TIII/Cossie/Whatever housing. My car falls flat on its face at 5500. Doesnt matter if im at 5 psi or 20psi. I think its head/cam related. Either way, the wastegate flows enough for me to have zero creep issues. I can hold 5 psi-20psi with no fluctuations or creep. I would say thats a testament to that turbo.

Are you running a stock T-cam? That could be the problem.

dear lord why? that is way too small a compressor for a 16vt

Because its the only thing that will clear the B234F motor mount right now and its enough to break **** downstream.

Thanks for all the responses. In all my searching the NET and many different forums for info on the T3 combos, I just found one source that puts a huge amount of the information together in one spot. This info is really handy. I'm going to copy the whole thing in here (with credits) for sharing as it took me days to find it, and things like this tend to disappear from time to time. Here is the direct link: http://lvimports.net/showthread.php?t=1410

Huge credit to Zip Tie Z28 for posting this info and Lehigh Valley Imports for hosting. Originally posted 04-27-2007, 10:03 AM

Turbo 101 - some info about GARRETT and Garrett based turbos
Originally created/written by M.A.R.C. (I'm sure he wont mind me passing on his very good writeup)
Some credit goes to Sonny from Honda-Tech for the general premise and layout.

Disclaimer: All of the following is correct to my knowledge. Please feel free to jump in and correct anything that is wrong or feel free to add anything. This post is pretty long, but hopefully it will help out some newbies that are getting into turbochargers.

LESSON #1: Turbocharger Disection

Before we launch full boost into the course (sorry i had to), let's just make this clear... all turbos have the following parts:

Compressor (Coldside, Frontside, etc)
-Housing, Cover, also called Front housing sometimes
-Wheel (in that housing)

-->Center Section<---
-comprised of the shaft, bearings, etc etc etc

Turbine (Hotside, Exhaust side, Exhaust housing etc)
-Housing, Cover, also called Rear housing sometimes
-Wheel (in that housing)

So when you're describing a turbo to say umm... PTE to make an order (this means you Trent) remember saying "I want a turbo with a 60 front and a 63 rear really doesn't completely describe the turbo.

A quick run down of some Garrett Turbo "Families"

The T25 family = super fast spooling "small" turbo that makes good low rpm torque, but lacks top end power. This turbocharger is commonly used where throttle response and low rpm torque are desired without much regard to high rpm power.

The T3 family = "intermediate turbo" that spools slower, but has the ability to make substantially more power than the T25 family. This turbocharger has been used on A LOT of production vehicles (Ford, Nissan, Volvo, Saab). They can make impressive power, but were known to be laggy.

The T04 family = "big turbo" that makes huge power, but is very very laggy. Without the beauty of being able to make a hybrid turbo, a T04 would probably not even be an option.

The new GT Series family is a new line of turbos from Garrett that promise quicker spooling, more efficient, more powerful turbos. They're a whole other animal and I'll cover that as soon as I can figure them all out and how to explain them. But usually They're named GTXXYYA,B,C. Like i said, I'll explain more another time.

Compressor
There are a couple factors that have impact the performance of a turbo:
Physical wheel size (usually in mm)
Trim
note: trim is actually more of a ratio than an actual size, expressed as a whole number ex: 60 trim
Housing size (a/r)
note: also a ratio and usually expressed as a decimal/fraction
The compressor a/r does affect performance, but not as much to make a HUGE difference for most setups.

Common compressor housing a/r "sizes"
T3: .42 a/r, .50 a/r, .60 a/r, .82 a/r
T4: .50 a/r, .60 a/r, .70 a/r
T25: I don't have much info on them, and (except for the nissan boys ) not many people use T25 compressors as much anymore.

Common T3 compressors:
40 trim (20lb/min -- haha...don't even think about it)
45 trim (21lb/min)
50 trim (30lb/min)
60 trim (34lb/min -- biggest "production" T3 compressor, excellent for a street D series)
"Super 60" (36lb/min -- note: this is NOT the "60-1" or a 60 trim T3 compressor)

Common T04B compressors:
S trim (37 lb/min)
V trim (48 lb/min)
H trim (49 lb/min)
60-1 (flows a ****load, never seen a compressor map for it)
62-1 (bigger yet -- I believe this is a T04S compressor...correct this if it is wrong)

Common T04E compressors:
40 trim (36 lbs/min)
46 trim (41 lbs/min)
50 trim (47 lbs/min)
54 trim (45 lbs/min <-- Note: that the 54 trim flows less than the 50 trim
57 trim (49 lbs/min)
60 trim (50 lbs/min)

Generally people say it's something like 1lbs/min = 10hp at the crank or something like that. So that's almost like saying the lbs/min will tell you how much hp it supports, give or take a few. Of course there's a lot of factors that affect that.

Above all these you have the larger "T4 turbos" such as your T67's, T70's, etc which are usually named after the size of the wheel in mm. So a T67 is a 67mm compressor wheel (actually 66.5mm but who cares). These turbos usually flow upwards of 650hp.

Turbine
Physical wheel size (same as above)
Trim (same as above)
Housing size (same as above)
Common turbine housing a/r "sizes"
T25: .64 a/r, .86 a/r
T3: .36 a/r, .48 a/r, .63 a/r, .82 a/r
T4: .58 a/r, .68 a/r, etc

In terms of turbine a/r, the larger the a/r, the later the power comes. A small a/r gives you a fast spooling turbo but limits top-end power. A large a/r gives you a laggy turbo with big top-end power.

Common T25 turbines:
DSM trim (?? not sure how big it is, but it's quite small)
60 trim (small)
76 trim (medium)

Common T3 turbines:
Stage 1 (small -- most common turbine on junkyard turbos)
Stage 2 AKA T31 69 trim
Stage 3 AKA T31 76 trim
Stage 5 AKA T350

Common T04 turbines:
69 trim
76 trim AKA P-trim
70 trim AKA GTQ-trim (yes... the 70 trim is bigger than a 76... ill explain later)
85 trim AKA GTS-trim (supports HUGE power)

There's A LOT more to come but that's enough to think about for now

LESSON #2: How do I find out the trim, a/r, etc?!?!? What's it all mean?!?!?!

Now that you know a few of the basic and common turbo configurations out there, now you can learn what all the numbers mean.

Trim (wheel spec)

If you've ever looked at a turbo with the housing off, you'd notice the the wheel looks like it's actually made up two wheels, or some would say it looks tapered or something. Well the compressor and turbine wheels have what's called an inducer and exducer. On the compressor, the inducer is usually smaller and is usually called the minor, and the exducer the major. However, on the turbine section, the inducer is usually larger and the exducer smaller. And are usually sized in inches. Generally a larger combination of the two flows more ex: 2.5" in/3 ex" flows more than 2" in/3" ex. From these two numbers you calculate the TRIM of the compressor wheel. If you remembered above I said that it's possible for a 70 trim to be bigger and flow more than a 76 trim, you'll see why now...

Trim is more of a ratio calculation. To formula for calculating the trim for a compressor wheel is as follows:

(inducer^2/ exducer^2) x 100.

The formula for finding the turbine trim is the opisite of the compressor (if you remember, exducer on the turbine is usually smaller than its inducer):

(exducer^2/ inducer^2) x 100.

We all know the average 60 trim T3/T04E and we're all familiar with the ever popular SC61. So let's calculate an example and compare the two turbos' compressor wheels.

60 Trim
2.290" inducer
3.950" exducer
actually a 58mm wheel
TRIM = (2.290^2/2.950^2) x 100
= 5.244/8.703 x 100
= 0.60 x 100 = 60 Trim
SC61
2.416" inducer
3.227" exducer
actually a 61mm wheel
TRIM = (2.416^2/3.227^2) x 100
= 5.837/10.414 x 100
= 0.56 x 100 = 56 Trim
Now you notice that the trim of an SC61 is 56 vs 60 of the other turbo. This shows what I was saying earlier, that it is possible for a larger (physically), more powerful turbo to actually have a smaller (numerical) trim than a smaller one (physically). To simplify the concept of trim consider basic arithmetic or whatever you wanna call it. 1/2 is .50, and 4/10 = .40. Well the ratio (decimal) number is smaller, despite the actual numbers being larger. Same concept. Also, you could have two turbos with the same trim but support different power levels just like 1/2 and 5/10 both = .50. Makes sense? If not PM me. Either way, it's obvious to tell from the physical size of the wheels to tell which turbo supports more power.

A/R
Credit to Dee from Honda-Tech

Compressor A/R is determined by dividing the radius of the compressor housing by the smallest diameter of the compressor outlet . Exhaust housing A/R is determined by dividing the radius of the exhaust by the smallest diameter of the exhaust inlet . As the A/R numerically increases so does the housings ability to induce/exduce a specific volume of air. Lag and effective power range will also be affected by A/R changes. Look at the A/R pic below.

OK, so you got sizing figured out... so now you know how to pick a turbo that is best for you...?

WRONG... WRONG...

Beyond sizing and power level support comes the topic of compressor (and turbine) efficiency. This is a whole new topic altogether when it comes to choosing the "correct" turbo which i'm not going to talk about because it involves too many numbers and a lot more math and know how and well... i'm not a engineering geek So be happy............... Bitches....

98 Camaro - 364ci, Custom Comp cam, Built 4l60E trans, 3600 stall, 3.42 Gears, and just a little bit of nitrous

PSI Motorsports, Inc.
www.psimotorsportsinc.com
610-298-2800
trent@psimotorsportsinc.com

just remember!! you can force feed somthing that doesn't open it's mouth all the way. your cam profile still plays greatly into your performance, as well as timing , and fuel maps.
I knew that much. Its my sucky A-cam/crappy ignition timing. I said what I said to let it be known that the turbo isnt my revlimitation.

I just found this innocent looking link at the bottom of one of John V's posts: http://www.turbomaster.info/eng/applications/passenger_cars_model.php?fabricante=FORD&logo=ford

Woohoo! NOW we are talking a comprehensive international junkyard turbo list!!!!! Since my spanish is not so good (can order beer!) I am not sure whether this is 100% original equipment part numbers - or replacement turbo part numbers. This is just the Ford applications list, they have one for Volvo and every other car manufacturer.

Suitable for
FORD
Model Year Engine HP CC Fuel Model Part Number O.E.M. Part No. Alt
C-MAX TD Ci 2003 DV6TED4 108 1.6/4 D GT1544V 740821-0001 96 507 644 80
C-MAX TD Ci 2003 DV6TED4 108 1.6/4 D GT1544V 740821-0002 96 518 398 80
C-MAX TD Ci 2006 DV6TED4 108 1.6/4 D GT1544V 753420-0005 96 631 992 80
C-MAX TD Ci 2004 DV6TED4 110 1.6/4 D GT1544V 750030-0002 96 541 287 80
C-MAX TD Ci 2004 DW10BTED4 135 2.0/4 D GT1749V 728768-0004
C-MAX TD Ci 2004 DW10BTED4 135 2.0/4 D GT1749V 728768-0005 96 542 621 80
C-MAX TD Ci 2006 DW10BTED4 135 2.0/4 D GTA1749V 753847-0002
C-MAX TD Ci 2006 DW10BTED4 135 2.0/4 D GTA1749V 753847-0006 96 596 673 80
C-MAX TD Ci 2006 DW10BTED4S 142 2.0/4 D GTA1749V 760774-0003 96 624 649 80
CAPRI 1980 2.3/4 G TBO307 465564-0004 E0ZE9G438CA
CAPRI 1980 2.3/4 G TBO307 465564-0005 E0ZE9G438EA
CAPRI 1980 2.3/4 G TBO307 465564-0006 E0ZE9G438FA
CAPRI 1983 2.3/4 G TBO322 465978-0003 E3ZE9G438AE
CAPRI 1983 2.3/4 G TBO322 465978-0005 E3ZE9G438AF
CAPRI 1983 2.3/4 G TBO322 465978-0009
CAPRI 1985 2.3/4 G TBO314 465814-0002 E1ZE9G438AA
CAPRI 1985 2.3/4 G TBO322 465978-0001
CAPRI 1981 2.8/V6 G TO4B50 465660-0007
COUGAR 1983 2.3/4 G TBO322 465978-0003 E3ZE9G438AE
COUGAR 1983 2.3/4 G TBO322 465978-0005 E3ZE9G438AF
COUGAR 1983 2.3/4 G TBO322 465978-0009
COUGAR 1983 145 2.3/4 G TBO344 466586-0002 E5ZE9G438AB
COUGAR 1983 155 2.3/4 G TBO344 466586-0004 E5SE9G438AA
DEFENDER 2007 Puma 122 2.4/4 D GTA2052V 752610-0015 6C1Q6K682EK
ESCORT COSWORTH 1992 2.0/4 G TB3403 452059-0001 YB1195/2
ESCORT COSWORTH 1992 2.0/4 G TB2807 452062-0002 YB1233/A
ESCORT RS 1984 1.6/4 G TBO345 466644-0001 V85SF6K690AA
ESCORT RS 1987 1.6/4 G TBO355 466944-0001 V86SF6K690AA
ESCORT TD 1993 1.8/4 D TBO259 452014-0004 91FF6K682AC
ESCORT TD 1996 Endura 90 1.8/4 D GT1544S 452084-0004 96FF6K682AA
ESCORT TD 1997 Endura 90 1.8/4 D GT1544S 452084-0007 96FF6K682AB
ESCORT TD 1998 Endura 90 1.8/4 D GT1544S 452084-0009 96FF6K682AC
ESCORT TD 1998 Endura 90 1.8/4 D GT1544S 452084-0011 96FF6K682AD
F150 D GTP38 702012-0006 1831383C92
F250 2002 6.07TCA 177 4.2/6 D GT2556S 717371-0001 9.0529.20.1.0077
F350 2003 V267 325 6.0/V8 D GT3782VAS 743250-0001 1843761C93
F350 2005 V267 325 6.0/V8 D GT3782VAS 743250-0002 18254480C91
F350 2005 V267 325 6.0/V8 D GT3782VAS 743250-0004 1854480C91
FIESTA RS 1989 1.6/4 G TBO250 465187-0001 V90SF6K682AA
FIESTA RS 1991 1.6/4 G TBO250 465187-0002 V90SF6K682BA
FIESTA TD di 2000 Duratorq 76 1.8/4 D GT1544Z 703863-0002 YSQ6K682BC
FOCUS RS 2002 Duratorq 215 2.0/4 G GT2560LS 722979-0003 1M506K682AE
FOCUS TD Ci 2004 DV6TED4 108 1.6/4 D GT1544V 753420-0004 96 606 413 80
FOCUS TD Ci 2006 DV6TED4 108 1.6/4 D GT1544V 753420-0005 96 631 992 80
FOCUS TD Ci 2001 110 1.8/4 D GT1749V 713517-0005 1S4Q6K682AD
FOCUS TD Ci 2001 110 1.8/4 D GT1749V 713517-0006 1S4Q6K682AE
FOCUS TD Ci 2001 110 1.8/4 D GT1749V 713517-0007 1S4Q6K682AF
FOCUS TD Ci 2001 110 1.8/4 D GT1749V 713517-0008 1S4Q6K682AG
FOCUS TD Ci 2001 110 1.8/4 D GT1749V 713517-0009 1S4Q6K682AH
FOCUS TD Ci 2001 110 1.8/4 D GT1749V 713517-0010 1S4Q6K682AJ
FOCUS TD Ci 2001 110 1.8/4 D GT1749V 713517-0011 1S4Q6K682AK
FOCUS TD Ci 2003 110 1.8/4 D GT1749V 713517-0012 1S4Q6K682AL
FOCUS TD Ci 2004 110 1.8/4 D GT1749V 713517-0015 1S4Q6K682AP
FOCUS TD Ci 2004 110 1.8/4 D GT1749V 713517-0016 1S4Q6K682AL
FOCUS TD Ci 2004 Lynx 115 1.8/4 D GT1746V 742110-0004 4M5Q6K682AD
FOCUS TD Ci 2005 Lynx 115 1.8/4 D GT1746V 742110-0006 4M5Q6K682AF
FOCUS TD Ci 2006 Lynx 115 1.8/4 D GT1746V 742110-0007 4M5Q6K682AG
FOCUS TD Ci 2006 Duratorq 125 1.8/4 D GTB1746V 763647-0019 7G9Q6K682BC
FOCUS TD Ci 2004 DW10BTED4 135 2.0/4 D GTA1749V 753847-0002 96 549 317 80
FOCUS TD di 1999 90 1.8/4 D GT1544S 452244-0005 XS4Q6K682BB
FOCUS TD di 2000 Lynx 90 1.8/4 D GT1544Z 706499-0001 XS4Q6K682DB
FOCUS TD di 2000 Lynx 90 1.8/4 D GT1544Z 706499-0002 XS4Q6K682DC
FOCUS TD di 2000 Duratorq 90 1.8/4 D GT1544Z 706499-0004 XS4Q6K682DF
GALAXY 1995 90 1.9/4 D GT1544 454083-0001 028 145 701Q
GALAXY 1996 110 1.9/4 D GT1749V 454183-0001 028 145 702E
GALAXY 1997 110 1.9/4 D GT1749V 701855-0001 028 145 702E
GALAXY 1999 110 1.9/4 D GT1749V 454183-0003 028 145 702E
GALAXY 2003 110 1.9/4 D GT1749V 454158-0004 028 145 702E
GALAXY 2003 110 1.9/4 D GT1749V 701855-0005 028 145 702P
GALAXY 2000 PD UI 115 1.9/4 D GT1749V 713673-0004 YM219G438BA
GALAXY 2004 PD UI 115 1.9/4 D GT1749V 713673-0005 038 253 019N
GALAXY 2006 PD UI 115 1.9/4 D GT1749V 713673-0006 03G 253 014E
GRANADA 1990 2.5/4 D TAO302 465318-0003 88EF6K6821A
KUGA TD Ci 2006 DW10BTED4S 136 2.0/4 D GTA1749V 760774-0003 96 624 649 80
KUGA TDCi 2008 DW10BTED4 Euro4 136 2.0/4 D GT1749V 765993-0004 8V4Q6K682AA
LINCOLN MARK VII 1984 MD21 115 2.4/6 D TBO324 466016-0002 1284171
MAVERICK 1997 TD27TDI 2.7/4 D TB25 452162-0001 14411-7F400
MAVERICK 1993 TD27TD 125 2.7/4 D TB2557 452047-0001 14411-G2401
MERKUR 1985 175 2.3/4 G TBO344 466586-0002 E5ZE9G438AB
MONDEO TD 1993 1.8/4 D TBO273 452063-0001 93FF6K682AC
MONDEO TD 1993 1.8/4 D TBO273 452063-0002 93FF6K682AC
MONDEO TD 1996 Endura 88 1.8/4 D GT1544S 452124-0004 97FF6K682AB
MONDEO TD 1996 Endura 88 1.8/4 D GT1544S 452124-0006 97FF6K682AE
MONDEO TD 1998 Endura 88 1.8/4 D GT1544S 452124-0007 97FF6K682AE
MONDEO TD Ci 2004 DV6TED4 108 1.6/4 D GT1544V 753420-0004 96 606 413 80
MONDEO TD Ci 2004 DV6TED4 110 1.6/4 D GT1544V 750030-0002 96 541 287 80
MONDEO TD Ci 2006 Duratorq 125 1.8/4 D GTB1746V 763647-0014 7G9Q6K682BA
MONDEO TD Ci 2006 Duratorq 125 1.8/4 D GTB1746V 763647-0019 7G9Q6K682BC
MONDEO TD Ci 2000 Duratorq DI 115 2.0/4 D GT2049S 708618-0005 1S7Q6K682AE
MONDEO TD Ci 2002 Duratorq DI 115 2.0/4 D GT2049S 708618-0006 1S7Q6K682AF
MONDEO TD Ci 2003 Duratorq DI 115 2.0/4 D GT2049S 708618-0009 1S7Q6K682AJ
MONDEO TD Ci 2004 Duratorq DI 115 2.0/4 D GT2049S 708618-0011 1S7Q6K682AK
MONDEO TD Ci 2001 Duratorq DI 130 2.0/4 D GT1749V 714467-0003 2S7Q6K682AC
MONDEO TD Ci 2001 Duratorq DI 130 2.0/4 D GT1749V 714467-0004 2S7Q6K682AD
MONDEO TD Ci 2001 Duratorq DI 130 2.0/4 D GT1749V 714467-0007 2S7Q6K682AF
MONDEO TD Ci 2001 Duratorq DI 130 2.0/4 D GT1749V 714467-0008 2S7Q6K682AG
MONDEO TD Ci 2002 Duratorq DI 130 2.0/4 D GT1749V 714467-0012 3S7Q6K682AD
MONDEO TD Ci 2003 Duratorq DI 130 2.0/4 D GT1749V 714467-0013 3S7Q6K682AE
MONDEO TD Ci 2004 Puma 130 2.0/4 D GT1749V 728680-0007 4S7Q6K682EF
MONDEO TD Ci 2004 Puma 130 2.0/4 D GT1749V 728680-0009 4S7Q6K682EH
MONDEO TD Ci 2005 Duratorq DI 130 2.0/4 D GT1749V 714467-0014 3S7Q6K682AF
MONDEO TD Ci 2006 Puma 130 2.0/4 D GT1749V 728680-0013 4S7Q6K682EL
MONDEO TD Ci 2006 Puma 130 2.0/4 D GT1749V 728680-0015 4S7Q6K682EN
MONDEO TD Ci 2007 Duratorq DI 130 2.0/4 D GT1749V 714467-0010 3S7Q6K682AJ
MONDEO TD Ci 2006 DW10BTED4S 142 2.0/4 D GTA1749V 760774-0003 96 624 649 80
MONDEO TD Ci 2005 Puma 130 2.2/4 D GT1749V 728680-0010 4S7Q6K682EJ
MONDEO TD Ci 2006 Puma 130 2.2/4 D GT1749V 728680-0012 4S7Q6K682EK
MONDEO TD Ci 2005 Puma Euro 3 155 2.2/4 D GT1749VM 752233-0002 5S7Q6K682AB
MONDEO TD Ci 2005 Puma Euro 3 155 2.2/4 D GT1749VM 752233-0003 5S7Q6K682AC
MONDEO TD Ci 2005 Puma Euro 3 155 2.2/4 D GT1749VM 752233-0004 5S7Q6K682EC
MONDEO TD Ci 2005 Puma Euro 3 155 2.2/4 D GT1749VM 752233-0008 5S7Q6K682AF
MONDEO TD Ci 2005 Puma 155 2.2/4 D GT1749V 758226-0002 6S7Q6K682AB
MONDEO TD Ci 2006 Puma Euro 3 155 2.2/4 D GT1749VM 752233-0007 5S7Q6K682EF
MONDEO TD Ci 2006 Puma 155 2.2/4 D GT1749V 758226-0004 6S7Q6K682AD
MONDEO TD Ci 2006 Puma 155 2.2/4 D GT1749V 758226-0008 6S7Q6K682AF
MONDEO TD Ci 2008 Puma 155 2.2/4 D GT1749V 758226-0010 6S7Q6K682AG
MONDEO TD Di 2000 Duratorq 90 2.0/4 D GT2049S 708618-0004 1S7Q6K682AD
MONDEO TD Di 2000 Duratorq 90 2.0/4 D GT2049S 708618-0005 1S7Q6K682AE
MONDEO TD Di 2002 Duratorq 90 2.0/4 D GT2049S 708618-0006 1S7Q6K682AF
MONDEO TD Di 2004 Duratorq DI 90 2.0/4 D GT2049S 708618-0007 1SQ6K682AG
MONDEO TD Di 2001 Duratorq 115 2.0/4 D GT1749V 704226-0007 1S7Q6K682BH
MONDEO TD Di 2004 Duratorq DI 115 2.0/4 D GT2049S 708618-0007 1SQ6K682AG
MUSTANG 1980 2.3/4 G TBO307 465564-0004 E0ZE9G438CA
MUSTANG 1980 2.3/4 G TBO307 465564-0005 E0ZE9G438EA
MUSTANG 1980 2.3/4 G TBO307 465564-0006 E0ZE9G438FA
MUSTANG 1983 2.3/4 G TBO322 465978-0003 E3ZE9G438AE
MUSTANG 1983 2.3/4 G TBO322 465978-0005 E3ZE9G438AF
MUSTANG 1983 2.3/4 G TBO322 465978-0009
MUSTANG 1984 2.3/4 G TBO322 465978-0007 E3ZE9G438AG
MUSTANG 1985 2.3/4 G TBO314 465814-0002 E1ZE9G438AA
MUSTANG 1985 2.3/4 G TBO322 465978-0001
MUSTANG 1985 2.3/4 G TBO344 466586-0004 E5SE9G438AA
MUSTANG SVO 1983 2.3/4 G TBO322 465978-0004 E4ZX9G438AA
MUSTANG SVO 1983 2.3/4 G TBO322 465978-0010
MUSTANG SVO 1984 2.3/4 G TBO322 465978-0008 E4ZE9G438AA
MUSTANG SVO 1984 175 2.3/4 G TBO322 465978-0006 E4ZX9G438AB
MUSTANG SVO 1985 200 2.3/4 G TBO344 466586-0003 E5ZE9G438BB
RANGER 1999 HS 2.5 115 2.5/4 D GT2252S 708258-0001 79054
RANGER 2001 HS2.8 130 2.8/4 D GT2052S 721843-0001 79519
RANGER 2002 HS2.8 HT 130 2.8/4 D GT2256V 724652-0001 79517
RANGER 2004 NGD3.0 162 3.0/4 D GT25S 754743-0001 79526
RS200 1985 1.8/4 G TO4E/T3 L494644-0001 H85MS6K690AA
S-MAX TD Ci 2006 Duratorq 125 1.8/4 D GTB1746V 763647-0019 7G9Q6K682BC
SIERRA COSWORTH 1985 2.0/4 G TBO3 L494588-0001 YB0207
SIERRA COSWORTH 1987 2.0/4 G TBO361 466962-0001 V86HF6K682AA
SIERRA COSWORTH 1987 2.0/4 G TO4E/T3 L494900-0001
SIERRA COSWORTH 1989 2.0/4 G TBO384 465189-0001 V89HF6K682AA
SIERRA COSWORTH 1990 2.0/4 G TBO384 465189-0002
SIERRA COSWORTH 1990 2.0/4 G TBO384 465189-0003 V89HF6K682AB
SIERRA TD 1989 1.8/4 D TBO237 465137-0001 89FF6K682BA
THUNDERBIRD 1984 MD21 115 2.4/6 D TBO324 466016-0002 1284171
THUNDERBIRD 1983 2.3/4 G TBO322 465978-0003 E3ZE9G438AE
THUNDERBIRD 1983 2.3/4 G TBO322 465978-0005 E3ZE9G438AF
THUNDERBIRD 1984 2.3/4 G TBO322 465978-0007 E3ZE9G438AG
THUNDERBIRD 1984 2.3/4 G TBO322 465978-0009
THUNDERBIRD 1984 115 2.3/4 G TBO322 465978-0005 E3ZE9G438AF
THUNDERBIRD 1985 145 2.3/4 G TBO344 466586-0002 E5ZE9G438AB
THUNDERBIRD 1985 155 2.3/4 G TBO344 466586-0004 E5SE9G438AA
TRANSIT 1988 2.5/4 D TBO238 465165-0001 V884B6K682AA
TRANSIT Di 2000 Duratorq 75 2.0/4 D GT2049S 709035-0004 1C1Q6K682EA
TRANSIT Di 2002 Duratorq 75 2.0/4 D GT2049S 709035-0005 1C1Q6K682EB
TRANSIT Di 2003 Duratorq 85 2.0/4 D GT2049S 726194-0001 2C1Q6K682BA
TRANSIT Di 2004 Duratorq 85 2.0/4 D GT2049S 726194-0002 2C1Q6K682BB
TRANSIT Di 2004 Duratorq 85 2.0/4 D GT2049S 726194-0003 2C1Q6K682BC
TRANSIT Di 2000 Duratorq 100 2.0/4 D GT2049S 714716-0003 1C1Q6K682DB
TRANSIT Di 2003 Duratorq 100 2.0/4 D GT2049S 726194-0001 2C1Q6K682BA
TRANSIT Di 2004 Duratorq 100 2.0/4 D GT2049S 726194-0002 2C1Q6K682BB
TRANSIT Di 2004 Duratorq 100 2.0/4 D GT2049S 726194-0003 2C1Q6K682BC
TRANSIT Di 2005 100 2.0/4 D GT2049S 726194-0004 2C1Q6K682BD
TRANSIT Di 2006 100 2.0/4 D GT2049S 726194-0005 2C1Q6K682BE
TRANSIT Di 2002 Duratorq 125 2.0/4 D GT1749V 714467-0005 2S7Q6K682AE
TRANSIT Di 2005 125 2.0/4 D GT2049S 726194-0004 2C1Q6K682BD
TRANSIT Di 2006 125 2.0/4 D GT2049S 726194-0005 2C1Q6K682BE
TRANSIT DPF 2008 Duratorq 200 3.2/5 D GTB2256V 779366-0001 8C166K682AB
TRANSIT HPCR 2005 Duratorq DI 125 2.0/4 D GT1749V 714467-0014 3S7Q6K682AF
TRANSIT TD Ci 2002 Duratorq 90 1.8/4 D GT1544Z 706499-0004 XS4Q6K682DF
TRANSIT TD Ci 2006 Duratorq 140 1.8/4 D GTB1746V 758532-0012 6G9Q6K682AC
TRANSIT TD Ci 2006 Duratorq 130 2.2/4 D GTA1749V 753519-0007 6C1Q6K682BC
TRANSIT TD Ci 2006 Duratorq 130 2.2/4 D GTA1749V 753519-0008 6C1Q6K682BE
TRANSIT TD Ci 2006 Puma 140 2.4/4 D GTA2052V 752610-0009 6C1Q6K682EE
TRANSIT TD Ci 2006 Puma 140 2.4/4 D GTA2052V 752610-0010 6C1Q6K682EF
TRANSIT TD Ci 2006 Puma 140 2.4/4 D GTA2052V 752610-0012 6C1Q6K682EH
TRANSIT TD Ci 2007 Puma 140 2.4/4 D GTA2052V 752610-0015 6C1Q6K682EK
TRANSIT TD Ci 2008 Duratorq 200 3.2/5 D GTA2256V 773098-0002 7C166K682AC
TRANSIT TDCi 2006 Duratorq 90 1.8/4 D GT1544SZ 756919-0002 7TIQ6K682AB
TRANSIT TDCi 2008 Duratorq TDCi 85 2.2/4 D GTA2052V 767933-0008 8C1Q6K682BB
TRANSIT TDCi 2009 Puma 100 2.4/4 D GTA2052V 752610-0029 6C1Q6K682EM
TRANSIT TDCi 2009 Puma 115 2.4/4 D GTA2052V 752610-0025 6C1Q6K682EL
TRANSIT TDCi 2009 Puma 115 2.4/4 D GTA2052V 752610-0029 6C1Q6K682EM
TRANSIT TDCi 2009 Puma 140 2.4/4 D GTA2052V 752610-0025 6C1Q6K682EL
TRANSIT TDCi 2009 Puma 140 2.4/4 D GTA2052V 752610-0029 6C1Q6K682EM

So, when I look at the listing for the 1985 Merkur I find the same model number (TB0344) that appears on one of my junk turbos.
MERKUR 1985 175 2.3/4 G TBO344 466586-0002 E5ZE9G438AB (Note: 2.3 liter engine 175 horsepower)
Then I followed the link in the list to a list of parts for this model number and it lists"
turbine wheel 451311-0014, exhaust housing 431262-0012, compresser wheel 409096-0013 (60 trim), compressor housing 430704-0001

Then I looked up a 1986 Volvo 230ET (mine is an FT, but this is the european version) I get the same part model number as my stock turbo and one of my junk turbos - TB0363.
740 1986 B230ET 182 2.3/4 G TBO363 466672-0001 1367866 (Note: 2.3 liter engine 182 horsepower)
turbine wheel 451311-0014, exhaust housing 430641-0012, compressor wheel 409096-0014 (50 trim), compressor housing 409115-0095

Then I looked up a 1989 Ford Sierra Cosworth
SIERRA COSWORTH 1989 2.0/4 G TBO384 465189-0001 V89HF6K682AA
turbine wheel 451311-0014 exhaust housing 413746-0001 compressor wheel 409096-0013 (60 trim) compressor housing 413745-0001

So, if anyone had any doubt, the turbine wheels are the same as stock, and the merkur and Cosworth compressor wheels are a larger trim size.

Copied from another of John V's posts: (originally from same site as above)
Let's see if this works:

Referencia Di?metro mayor mm (A) Di?metro menor mm (B) Altura tal?n mm (C) Di?metro agujero rueda TRIM
409096-0010 60,00 35,40 3,00 6,00 35
409096-0011 60,00 37,70 3,50 6,00 40
409096-0008 60,00 40,50 4,10 6,00 45
409096-0014 60,00 42,50 4,10 6,00 50
409096-0009 60,00 44,65 6,20 6,00 55
409096-0013 60,00 46,50 5,00 6,00 60

T3

6 ?labes
Referencia Di?metro mayor mm (A) Di?metro menor mm (B) Altura tal?n mm (C) Di?metro agujero rueda TRIM
446278-0002 69,00 46,80 6,25 46
446279-0001 69,00 51,65 6,20 6,25 56

T3

7 ?labes
441341-0002 69,00 47,65 4,75 6,25 46
431905-0004 69,00 48,25 5,60 6,25 48
410299-0004 69,00 52,50 6,25 58

TO4B

6 ?labes
409826-0003 70,00 43,65 5,20 6,25 39
409826-0006 70,00 48,35 7,60 6,25 48
409826-0012 70,00 52,85 6,10 6,25 57
409826-0014 70,00 55,30 6,50 6,25 62
409826-0015 70,00 58,40 6,20 6,25 70

TO4B

8 ?labes
409179-0026 70,00 43,70 4,80 6,25 39
409179-0028 70,00 43,70 5,10 6,25 39
409179-0027 70,00 45,70 5,10 6,25 43
409179-0029 70,00 45,70 5,70 6,25 43
409179-0019 70,00 47,60 5,40 6,25 46
409179-0018 70,00 48,35 5,90 6,25 48
409179-0022 70,00 49,50 6,00 6,25 50
409179-0023 70,00 51,65 5,40 6,25 54
409179-0025 70,00 55,35 6,20 6,25 63

And - after all that effort learning Spanish - I found this link to a Garrett related parts catalog (in english) with a huge OEM list and some really great part number cross reference lists. These guys sell complete turbo service kits and deserve to get lots of business for putting this online: http://www.turbointernational.com/images/catalog-pdf/Catalog-Garrett.pdf
Volvo
200 1987 1.9L 14/2.1L 14 TB0368 465115-0001 409853-0063 1-A-0555 Water G
200,240,GLT 1987 2.1L 14 TB0368 465115-0003 409853-0063 1-A-0555 Water G
200,240,GLT,Turbo 1987 2.1L 14 TB0368 465115-0002 409853-0063 1-A-0555 Water G
200,GLT 1982 2.1L 14 TB0313 465446-0006 409853-0020 1-A-0550 Oil G
200,GLT/Rally 1984 2.1L 14/2.3L 14 TB0313 465446-0011 409853-0019 1-A-0569 Oil G
400700 1987-96 2.4L 16 i/c TB0349 466794-0002 409853-0061 1-A-0621 Oil D
400700900 1987-96 2.4L 16 i/c TB0349 466794-0001 409853-0061 1-A-0621 Oil D
440460480 1990-91 1.7L 14 TB0253 465567-0001 443854-0040 1-A-1063 Water G
440460480 1991-97 1.7L 14 TB0262 465407-0001 443854-0040 1-A-1063 Water G
440460480 1991-97 1.7L 14 TB0262 465407-0002 443854-0077 1-A-2656 Water G
440480 1988-90 1.7L 14 TB0228 466884-0001 443854-0040 1-A-1063 Water G
440480 1988-90 1.7L 14 TB0228 466884-0002 443854-0040 1-A-1063 Water G
700 1983-86 2.3L 14 TB0326 466032-0001 409853-0019 1-A-0569 Oil G
700 1985 2.0L 14 TB0326 466032-0003 409853-0019 1-A-0569 Oil G
700 1986 2.0L 14 TB0363 466672-0003 409853-0057 1-A-0579 Water G
700 1987-90 2.3L 14 TB0363 466672-0001 409853-0057 1-A-0579 Water G
700 1989 2.3L 14 B230FET TB0381 465177-0004 409853-0074 1-A-0559 Water G
700,740,760,Turbo 2.3L 14 TB0363 466672-0002 409853-0057 1-A-0579 Water G
700,740,760,Turbo 1984 2.3L 14 i/c TB0326 466032-0002 409853-0019 1-A-0569 Oil G
700900940 1990-91 2.3L 14 B230,B230FET TB0381 465177-0005 409853-0074 1-A-0559 Water G

All TB03 OEM applications by Garrett model number:
Turbo Part No Part No TI Part No Cooling Manufacturer Vehicle Model Year Engine Fuel
TBO3
1-A-1529 Water Toyota Various
431494-0001 1-A-2694 Water Nissan 300ZX Single 3.0L V6 G
431494-0002 1-A-0589 Water Nissan 300ZX Single 3.0L V6 G
431494-0003 1-A-2695 Water Nissan 300ZX Single 3.0L V6 G
TB0301
465286-0004 409174-0042 1-A-0035 Oil Buick Century,Le Sabre,Regal 1978 3.8L V6 G
TB0306
410581-0006 1-A-1181 Oil Nissan Various
410581-0007 1-A-0588 Oil Nissan Various
410581-0008 1-A-1182 Oil Nissan Various
TB0307
465564-0006 409174-0015 1-A-1827 Oil Ford Capri,Mustang 1980 2.3L 14 G
TB0310
465646-0001 409174-0012 1-A-2667 Oil Renault R5 1982 1.4L 14 C7J 700 G
465646-0002 409174-0012 1-A-2667 Oil Renault R5 1982 1.4L 14 C7J 700 G
465646-0003 409174-0052 1-A-0549 Oil Renault R5 Turbo II 1983 1.4L 14 C7J 730 G
465646-0004 409174-0052 1-A-0549 Oil Renault R5 Turbo II 1.4L 14 C7K 700 G
Turbo Part No Part No TI Part No Cooling Manufacturer Vehicle Model Year Engine Fuel
TB0311
465544-0002 409853-0007 1-A-0620 Oil Renault R18 1980-83 1.6L 14 A5L 727 G
465544-0003 409853-0029 1-A-2749 Oil Renault R18,R25 1983-85 1.6L 14 A5l 717 G
465544-0004 409853-0029 1-A-2749 Oil Renault Fuego 1983 1.6L 14 A5L 750 G
TB0312
465514-0003 409853-0016 1-A-0690 Oil Saab 900 1981 2.0L 14 G
465514-0004 409853-0016 1-A-0690 Oil Saab 900 1981-84 2.0L 14 G
TB0313
465446-0006 409853-0020 1-A-0550 Oil Volvo 200,GLT 1982 2.1L 14 G
465446-0011 409853-0019 1-A-0569 Oil Volvo 200,GLT/Rally 1984 2.1L 14/2.3L 14 G
TB0315
465738-0003 409174-0041 1-A-0034 Oil Buick Riviera 1980 3.8L V6 G
TB0318
465838-0002 409174-0039 1-A-1110 Oil Toyota Crown 1981 2.0L G
TB0319
465916-0001 409174-0048 1-A-0581 Oil Renault R5 Alpine 1981-83 1.4L 14 C6J 750 G
465916-0002 409174-0048 1-A-0581 Oil Renault R5 Alpine 1981-83 1.4L 14 C6J 750 G
TB0321
465904-0002 409853-0016 1-A-0690 Oil Saab 900 APC 1982-86 2.0L 14 8 valve G
465904-0003 409853-0016 1-A-0690 Oil Saab 900,900 APC 1986-87 2.0L 14 8 valve G
TB0322
465978-0007 409174-0053 1-A-0561 Oil Ford Cougar,Mustang,Thunderbird 1984 2.3L 14 G
465978-0008 409174-0053 1-A-0561 Oil Ford Mustang SVO 1984 2.3L 14 G
465978-0009 409174-0054 1-A-0565 Water Ford Capri,Cougar,Mustang,Thunde 1983-84 2.3L 14 G
465978-0010 409174-0054 1-A-0565 Water Ford Mustang SVO 1983-84 2.3L 14 G
TB0324
466016-0002 409853-0032 1-A-0586 Oil BMW 324TD,500,524TD 1983-87 2.4L 16 MD21 D
466016-0003 409853-0032 1-A-0586 Oil BMW Rayton Fissore 1983-87 2.4L 16 3MD21 D
TB0325
466042-0001 409853-0029 1-A-2749 Oil Renault Fuego 1982 1.6L 14 A7L 723 G
TB0326
466032-0001 409853-0019 1-A-0569 Oil Volvo 700 1983-86 2.3L 14 G
466032-0002 409853-0019 1-A-0569 Oil Volvo 700,740,760,Turbo 1984 2.3L 14 i/c G
466032-0003 409853-0019 1-A-0569 Oil Volvo 700 1985 2.0L 14 G
TB0327
465994-0001 409174-0034 1-A-0570 Water Peugeot 505 Injection 1986-90 2.2L 14 N9TE i/c G
465994-0002 409174-0034 1-A-0570 Water Peugeot 505 Injection 1986-90 2.2L 14 N9TE i/c G
465994-0003 409174-0034 1-A-0570 Water Peugeot 505 Injection 1986-90 2.2L 14 N9TE i/c G
465994-0004 409174-0056 1-A-0573 Water Peugeot 505 Injection 1986-90 2.2L 14 N9TE i/c G
465994-0005 409174-0062 1-A-2679 Water Peugeot 505STI 2.2L 14 G
TB0328
466172-0001 409853-0026 1-A-2747 Oil Toyota Various 2.0L 14 G
TB0329
466146-0001 409853-0023 1-A-2371 Oil Austin Rover MG Metro 1983-89 1.3L 14 G
TB0330
466112-0001 409174-0040 1-A-0560 Oil Buick Regal 1984-85 3.8L V6 G
TB0331
466216-0001 409174-0051 1-A-2677 Oil Nissan Various ED33T
TB0332
466218-0001 409174-0046 1-A-2676 Oil Buick Riviera 3.8L V6 G
TB0333
466194-0001 409853-0025 1-A-0687 Oil Lancia Delta HF 1.6L 8 valve 130 hp 130 hp G
TB0335
466298-0004 409174-0048 1-A-0581 Oil Chrysler Daytona Z, Laser, Lebaron, 40 1984 2.2L 14 G
466298-0005 409174-0048 1-A-0581 Oil Chrysler New Yorker & Magnum 1985 2.2L 14 G
466298-0007 409174-0048 1-A-0581 Oil Chrysler Caravelle,Daytona,Lancer,Las 1986-87 2.2L 14 G
466298-0007 409174-0048 1-A-0581 Oil Chrysler Daytona Z,Lancer,Laser XE,Le 1985 2.2L 14 G
466298-0007 409174-0048 1-A-0581 Oil Chrysler New Yorker,Omni GLH,Shelby 1986-87 2.2L 14 G
466298-0007 409174-0048 1-A-0581 Oil Chrysler New Yorker,Shelby Charger,4 1985 2.2L 14 G
TB0338
466384-0001 409853-0033 1-A-0566 Oil Lancia Thema IE 1984-86 2.0L G
466384-0002 409853-0047 1-A-0574 Water Lancia Delta 4WD 1986-88 2.0L M643AT20C G
466384-0003 409853-0033 1-A-0566 Oil Fiat Croma IE 1985-86 2.0L G
466384-0004 409853-0033 1-A-0566 Oil Fiat Croma IE 1986-87 2.0L G
466384-0006 409853-0067 1-A-0584 Water Lancia Delta Integrale 1987-94 2.0L 8 valve G
466384-0007 409853-0047 1-A-0574 Water Alfa Romeo 164 1987 2.0L 14 SOFIM G
466384-0008 409853-0033 1-A-0566 Oil Fiat Croma IE 1988-91 2.0L G
466384-0009 409853-0047 1-A-0574 Water Fiat Croma 1991-92 2.0L 8 valve G
TB0339
466420-0001 409853-0035 1-A-0568 Oil Saab 900 1983 2.0L 14 16 valve G
466420-0002 409853-0035 1-A-0568 Oil Saab 900.900 APC,9000 1984-87 2.0L 14 B202 16 valve i/c G
TB0340
466440-0004 409174-0053 1-A-0561 Oil Ford Various Unknown Various G
466440-0005 409174-0053 1-A-0561 Oil Ford Various Unknown Various G
466440-0006 409174-0053 1-A-0561 Oil Ford Various Unknown Various G
TB0341
466448-0001 409853-0039 1-A-0567 Oil Renault Alpine GT,R25 1985-86 2.4L V6 Z7U G
466448-0002 409853-0052 1-A-0575 Water Renault Alpine GTA,R25 1986-90 2.4L V6 Z7U G
TB0342
466564-0001 409853-0037 1-A-0553 Oil Austin Rover Maestro Various G
466564-0002 409853-0037 1-A-0553 Oil Austin Rover Metro,Montego 1983 2.0L 14 OHV G
TB0343
466456-0001 409853-0035 1-A-0568 Oil Saab 900,9000 1984-86 2.0L 14 16 valve G
466456-0002 409853-0035 1-A-0568 Oil Saab 9000 1985 2.0L 14 16 valve G
TB0344
466586-0002 409174-0054 1-A-0565 Water Ford Cougar,Merkur,Merkur XR4T,T 1985-88 2.3L 14 G
466586-0003 409174-0054 1-A-0565 Water Ford Mustang SVO 1985 2.3L 14 G
466586-0004 409174-0054 1-A-0565 Water Ford Cougar 1985 2.3L 14 G
466586-0005 409174-0054 1-A-0565 Water Ford Various Various
466586-0005 409174-0060 1-A-2678 Water Ford Various Unknown Various G
466586-0006 409174-0054 1-A-0565 Water Ford Various Unknown Various G
466586-0006 409174-0060 1-A-2678 Water Ford Various Unknown Various G
466586-0007 409174-0054 1-A-0565 Water Ford Various Unknown Various G
466586-0007 409174-0060 1-A-2678 Water Ford Various Unknown Various G
TB0345
466644-0001 409853-0038 1-A-0552 Oil Ford Escort RS Mk III 1984-86 1.6L 14 G
TB0346
466718-0001 409174-0056 1-A-0573 Water Peugeot 505,50STI 2.2L 14 N9TE G
466718-0002 409853-0070 1-A-0572 Water Peugeot 505STI 2.2L 14 N9TE G
466718-0003 409174-0056 1-A-0573 Water Peugeot 505 2.2L 14 N9TE G
TB0347
466726-0001 409853-0041 1-A-2750 Oil Nissan Patrol 1985-90 2.5L MT4T D
TB0349
466794-0001 409853-0061 1-A-0621 Oil Volvo 400700900 1987-96 2.4L 16 i/c D
466794-0002 409853-0061 1-A-0621 Oil Volvo 400700 1987-96 2.4L 16 i/c D
TB0350
466800-0001 409853-0043 1-A-2751 Oil Volvo Fork Lift TD61GW,TD71GW
466800-0002 409853-0043 1-A-2751 Oil Volvo Fork Lift TD61GW,TD71GW
466800-0003 409853-0043 1-A-2751 Oil Volvo Commercial Various
466800-0004 409853-0089 1-A-1724 Oil Volvo Penta Various
466800-0005 409853-0089 1-A-1724 Oil Volvo Penta Various
TB0352
409174-0063 1-A-2680 Water Chrysler Various G
466798-0002 409853-0046 1-A-1823 Water Chrysler Turbo II, 1987 2.2L 14 G
466798-0003 409853-0046 1-A-1823 Water Chrysler Daytona Shelby Z,II,Turbo II, 1987 2.2L 14 G
466798-0005 409174-0048 1-A-0581 Oil Chrysler Daytona Shelby Turbo II 1988 2.2L 14 G
TB0353
466858-0001 409853-0050 1-A-0554 Water Alfa Romeo 75 1986 1.8L 14 G
TB0355
466944-0001 409853-0053 1-A-1144 Water Ford Escort RS 1986-91 1.6L 14 16 valve G
TB0356
466952-0001 409853-0055 1-A-0576 Water Saab 9000 1986-87 2.0L 14 G
466952-0002 409853-0055 1-A-0576 Water Saab 9000 1986-87 2.0L 14 16 valve i/c G
466952-0004 409853-0055 1-A-0576 Water Saab 9000 1987-90 2.0L 14 B202E 16 valve G
466952-0005 409853-0055 1-A-0576 Water Saab 9000 1989 2.0L 14 B202F 16 valve G
466952-0006 409853-0073 1-A-0577 Water Saab Various Various
466952-0007 409853-0073 1-A-0577 Water Saab Various Various
TB0357
466954-0001 409853-0055 1-A-0576 Water Saab 900 1987-89 2.0L 14 16 valve G
466954-0002 409853-0055 1-A-0576 Water Saab 900,9000 1987-89 2.0L 14 16 valve i/c G
TB0358
466956-0001 409853-0054 1-A-0975 Water Saab 900 APC 1987-90 2.0L 14 8 valve G
TB0359
466802-0001 409853-0051 1-A-1151 Oil Mercedes Benz 300SDL 3.0L 16 OM603A D
TB0360
466846-0001 409853-0051 1-A-1151 Oil Mercedes Benz 300 SDL(W124) 1986 3.0L 16 D
466846-0002 409174-0073 1-A-2260 Oil Mercedes Benz " S" Class (W124) 3.0L 16 OM603A D
TB0361
466962-0001 409853-0076 1-A-0558 Water Ford Sierra Cosworth 1986-89 2.0L 14 G
466962-0002 409853-0076 1-A-0558 Water Ford Panther G
TB0363
466672-0001 409853-0057 1-A-0579 Water Volvo 700 1987-90 2.3L 14 G
466672-0002 409853-0057 1-A-0579 Water Volvo 700,740,760,Turbo 2.3L 14 G
466672-0003 409853-0057 1-A-0579 Water Volvo 700 1986 2.0L 14 G
466672-0007 409853-0085 1-A-0580 Water Volvo Various Various
466672-0008 409853-0085 1-A-0580 Water Volvo Various Various
466672-0009 409853-0085 1-A-0580 Water Volvo Various Various
TB0364
466972-0001 409853-0034 1-A-1147 Oil Peugeot Panhard 2.5L 14 XD3S D
TB0367
465103-0001 409853-0033 1-A-0566 Oil Lancia Thema IE Eco 1987-89 2.0L G
465103-0002 409853-0068 1-A-0562 Water Lancia Delta Integrale 4WD 1988-94 2.0L 14 8 valve G
465103-0003 409853-0047 1-A-0574 Water Lancia Thema IE 1988 2.0L 16 valve G
465103-0004 409853-0047 1-A-0574 Water Alfa Romeo 155 1989-92 2.0L 14 16 valve G
465103-0004 409853-0047 1-A-0574 Water Lancia Delta,Tipo,155 1994- 2.0L 14 16 valve G
465103-0005 409853-0047 1-A-0574 Water Lancia Thema Motronic 1992-94 2.0L 16 valve G
465103-0006 409853-0047 1-A-0574 Water Lancia Delta Integrale M407.CT.20.C G
465103-0007 409853-0047 1-A-0574 Water Lancia Croma 1991 2.0L 14 8 valve G
465103-0009 409853-0068 1-A-0562 Water Lancia Dedra Ecologico,Delta ECO 1991-94 2.0L 8 valve G
465103-0010 409853-0068 1-A-0562 Water Lancia Dedra 4WD Unknown 2.0L 14 G
TB0368
465115-0001 409853-0063 1-A-0555 Water Volvo 200 1987 1.9L 14/2.1L 14 G
465115-0002 409853-0063 1-A-0555 Water Volvo 200,240,GLT,Turbo 1987 2.1L 14 G
465115-0003 409853-0063 1-A-0555 Water Volvo 200,240,GLT 1987 2.1L 14 G
TB0369
465285-0001 409853-0051 1-A-1151 Oil Mercedes Benz 300D/SDL/TD 3.0L 16 D
465285-0002 409853-0051 1-A-1151 Oil Mercedes Benz 300TD 3.0l 16 OM603 D
465285-0003 409174-0072 1-A-2683 Oil Mercedes Benz Gelande Wagen 3.5L16 OM603 D
TB0370
466948-0001 409853-0088 1-A-0582 Oil Renault R21/R21 4x4 1986-92 1.9L 14/2.0L 14 G
TB0371
409174-0077 1-A-2686 Water Chrysler Various
409174-0078 1-A-2687 Oil Chrysler Various
409174-0079 1-A-2688 Water Chrysler Various
409174-0080 1-A-2689 Water Chrysler Various
409174-0081 1-A-2690 Oil Chrysler Various
409174-0082 1-A-2691 Oil Chrysler Various
409174-0083 1-A-2692 Water Chrysler Various
409174-0084 1-A-2693 Oil Chrysler Various
465339-0001 409174-0048 1-A-0581 Oil Chrysler Shelby Daytona, Turbo II 1988 2.2L 14 G
465339-0002 409853-0062 1-A-2374 Water Chrysler Various 1988 2.2L 14 G
465339-0003 409174-0074 1-A-2684 Water Chrysler Various 1988 2.2L 14 G
465339-0004 409174-0074 1-A-2684 Water Chrysler Unknown Various 2.2L 14 G
TB0373
465133-0001 409853-0069 1-A-0556 Water Lotus Esprit 1987- 2.2L G
465133-0002 409853-0069 1-A-0556 Water Lotus Esprit 1988- 2.2L G
465133-0003 409853-0096 1-A-0571 Water Lotus Esprit 1991- 2.2L G
TB0374
465705-0001 409174-0060 1-A-2678 Water Chrysler Turbo I Plus 1985-86 2.2L 14 G
TB0376
465707-0001 409174-0060 1-A-2678 Water Chrysler Turbo II Plus 1985-86 2.2L 14 G
TB0377
465159-0001 409853-0072 1-A-2357 Water Lotus 2.2L 14 G
465159-0002 409853-0094 1-A-2068 Water Lotus Turbo III,Phantom 2.2L 14 G
TB0378
465733-0002 409174-0048 1-A-0581 Oil Chrysler Turbo II 1989 2.2L 14 G
465733-0003 409174-0074 1-A-2684 Water Chrysler Various 1988 2.2L 14 G
TB0379
465143-0007 409853-0078 1-A-1162 Water Volvo Various Various
465143-0008 409853-0078 1-A-1162 Water Volvo Various Various
465143-0009 409853-0078 1-A-1162 Water Volvo Various Various
465143-0010 409853-0071 1-A-0578 Water Volvo Various Various
465143-0011 409853-0071 1-A-0578 Water Volvo Various Various
465143-0012 409853-0071 1-A-0578 Water Volvo Various Various
TB0381
465177-0004 409853-0074 1-A-0559 Water Volvo 700 1989 2.3L 14 B230FET G
465177-0005 409853-0074 1-A-0559 Water Volvo 700900940 1990-91 2.3L 14 B230,B230FET G
TB0382
465163-0001 409853-0055 1-A-0576 Water Saab 900 1989-94 2.0L 14 16 valve 175hp G
465163-0002 409853-0055 1-A-0576 Water Saab 900 1989 2.0L 14 B202F 16 valve G
465163-0003 409853-0073 1-A-0577 Water Saab 900 1989-94 2.0L 14 B202F 16 valve G
465163-0004 409853-0073 1-A-0577 Water Saab 900 1989 2.0L 14 B202F 16 valve G
465163-0005 409853-0073 1-A-0577 Water Saab Various Various
465163-0006 409853-0073 1-A-0577 Water Saab Various Various
TB0384
465189-0001 409853-0079 1-A-0564 Water Ford Sierra Cosworth 4WD 1989-90 2.0L 14 16 valve G
465189-0001 409853-0079 1-A-0564 Water Ford Sierra Cosworth 4WD 1989-90 2.0L 14 16 valve G
465189-0003 409853-0079 1-A-0564 Water Ford Sierra Cosworth 4WD 1990-93 2.0L 14 16 valve,Cat.Convert. G
TB0386
465499-0001 409853-0082 1-A-0557 Water Renault R25 1990-91 2.4L V6 Z7U 700 G
TB0387
465503-0001 409853-0083 1-A-0563 Water Renault Alpine A610 1990-94 3.0L V6 Z7X 744 G
TB0390
454039-0001 409174-0067 1-A-0619 Oil Mercedes Benz "S" Class 1994- 3.5L W140 D
TB0391
432277-0003 1-A-1313 Water H K S Various
432277-0004 1-A-2724 Water H K S Various

Full specifications on t3 turbines and shafts: Note that there are two basic diameters (inducer sizes)of wheels - 2.322 and 2.558 (and some oddballs)

OEM TI Turbo Model/ Exducer Tip Inducer Journal Stem Trim/No. Shaft thread
Part no. Part no. Application height of blades
"OA" "OC" "OD" "OE" "F"
409646-0051 2-A-0296 T3 1.802 0.391 2.324 0.400 0.250 60 trim/11 1/4-28 UNF RH ins.
45.77 9.93 59.03 10.16 6.35 mms.
451310-0001 2-A-1889 T3 1.822 0.365 2.558 0.400 0.250 51 trim/11 1/4-28 UNF LH ins.
46.28 9.27 64.97 10.16 6.35 mms.
451310-0003 2-A-1890 T3 1.934 0.411 2.558 0.400 0.250 57 trim/11 1/4-28 UNF LH ins.
49.12 10.44 64.97 10.16 6.35 mms.
451310-0005 2-A-2528 T3 1.934 0.423 2.558 0.400 0.250 57 trim/11 1/4-28 UNF LH ins.
49.12 10.74 64.97 10.16 6.35 mms.
451310-0006 2-A-1891 T3 1.938 0.416 2.558 0.400 0.250 57 trim/11 1/4-28 UNF LH ins.
49.23 10.57 64.97 10.16 6.35 mms.
451311-0003 2-A-1892 T3 1.914 0.450 2.322 0.400 0.250 68 trim/11 1/4-28 UNF LH ins.
48 62 11 43 58 98 10 16 6 35
451311-0013 2-A-1893 T3 1.894 0.446 2.336 0.400 0.250 66 trim/11 1/4-28 UNF LH ins.
48.11 11.33 59.33 10.16 6.35 mms.

451311-0014 2-A-1894 T3 1.914 0.450 2.322 0.400 0.250 68 trim/11 1/4-28 UNF LH ins.
48.62 11.43 58.98 10.16 6.35 mms.
(above as used on stock volvo, merkur and Cosworth turbos)

451314-0002 2-A-2617 TA34 2.120 0.374 2.558 0.400 0.250 69 trim/11 1/4-28 UNF LH ins.
53.85 9.50 64.97 10.16 6.35 mms.
451314-0003 2-A-2048 TA3/TA34 2.223 0.366 2.558 0.400 0.250 76 trim/11 1/4-28 UNF LH ins.
56.46 9.30 64.97 10.16 6.35

And compressor wheels:
OEM TI Turbo Model/ Inducer Tip Exducer Hub Bore Trim/
Part no. Part no. Application "OA" height "OC" Length "OE" No. of
"B" "D" blades
409096-0008 3-A-0278 T3 1.595 0.165 2.366 1.260 0.250 45 trim/6-6 ins.
40.51 4.19 60.10 32.00 6.35 mms.
409096-0009 3-A-0279 T3 1.756 2.040 2.366 1.260 0.250 55 trim/ 6-6 ins.
44.60 51.82 60.10 32.00 6.35 mms.
409096-0011 3-A-0281 T3 1.485 0.131 2.366 1.260 0.250 40 trim/ 6-6 ins.
37.72 3.33 60.10 32.00 6.35 mms.
409096-0013 3-A-0277 T3 1.829 0.202 2.366 1.260 0.250 60 trim/ 6-6 ins.
46.46 5.13 60.10 32.00 6.35 mms.
409096-0014 3-A-0283 T3 1.674 0.162 2.366 1.260 0.250 50 trim/ 6-6 ins.
42.52 4.11 60.10 32.00 6.35 mms.

and bearing housings:
OEM TI Turbo Model/ Outlet Water Design features cooling/
Part no. Part no. Application Flange Ports bearing
Holes type
430027-0020 4-A-3322 T3 1/4-18 NPT AS M8X1.25 n/a oil
CAST
430027-0021 4-A-2047 T3/T4 1/4-18 NPT AS 3/8-16UNC n/a oil
CAST
430027-0025 4-A-0323 T3/T4 1/8-27 NPT AS M8X1.25 n/a oil
CAST
430027-0036 4-A-0823 T3/T4 1/8-27 NPT AS M8X1.25 M16X1.5 water
CAST
430027-0039 4-A-1214 T3 1/8-27 NPT AS M8X1.25 M18X1.5 water
CAST
430027-0048 4-A-1333 T3/T4 0.375" AS M8X1.25 n/a oil
9.53mm CAST
430027-0050 4-A-1776 T3/T4 1/8-27 NPT AS M8X1.25 3/8-18NPT water
CAST
430027-0051 4-A-1331 T4 0.380 AS 3/8-16UNC n/a oil
9.650 CAST
430027-0055 4-A-1115 T3 1/8-27 NPT AS M8X1.25 M16X1.5 water
CAST
430027-0059 4-A-0946 T3 M12X1.5 AS M8X1.25 M16X1.5 water

Last edited:
IMO, better than a Cossie wastegate housing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0156699992&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Depends on your intended usage for the car, but I'd run the .63 hot side unless it is badly cracked and you have a good .48 hot side. I'd only run a .48 hot side with the above type external wastegate housing. If you are more concerned with driveability than straight performance, maybe go with the .48 instead of the .63.

IMO, better than a Cossie wastegate housing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0156699992&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Depends on your intended usage for the car, but I'd run the .63 hot side unless it is badly cracked and you have a good .48 hot side. I'd only run a .48 hot side with the above type external wastegate housing. If you are more concerned with driveability than straight performance, maybe go with the .48 instead of the .63.

I agree with that the ATP turbo Ultimate wastegate design is very nice, I haven't seen the cossie ones to compare but ... can't get much better than that

+ v-band is very nice.

Wow! Thanks for pointing out this ebay sale to me. I've been strongly considering the ATP Ultimate wastegate (which this is very similar to) for a while, but the price has always been up over $100. This would be only about $50 even with shipping and tax. I see this ad expires in about a day - the next ad the same people have up is about $35 more total??? This is so tempting.

I actually have three good .48 hotsides. I should probably buy one of these just to make them more saleable. the .63 is cracked badly enough that I think it would have to be used with external wastegate adapters - which doesn't interest me at this stage. Is there room in a 700 series to use an external waste gate adapter?

There is no doubt this adapter is a huge improvement over that "flathead" original piece. Still, if you look at the Cosworth casting in the photos that others have posted, it looks like there is a substantial branch for the wastegate path off of the nose of the turbine that moves the actual WG port a couple of inches downstream. The actual WG seat and flapper are at an angle instead of flat to the side of the turbine. It also looks like the WG opens in such a way that it tends to separate the waste flow (or at least not direct it right into) from the turbine exhaust flow and tends to direct it out and down. The insides of the casting are rounded and blended, like can't be done with the ATP style adapter. I think Cosworth did a good job of redesigning the internal wastegate. Even though it is a lot more money, I think I'm going to spend it on the Cosworth.

Back