• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

140 Series Brake Upgrade Options

No....the adapters I'm using on the rear are from a different machinist made for Wilwood calipers. I didn't want Wilwood calipers on the rear without taking advantage of their stopping capabilities on the front.

So, yes to running adapters and yes to running the stock rear rotors. Which Wilwood calipers are those and can he make more adapters?

If the front 164 vented rotors are still available from the above mentioned sources, maybe we will continue using them, but they are heavy still!

From November 2019:

Wilwood brake update:

I have received the brake adapters for the Wilwood brakes + 164 rotors and they look great! The machinist that I used fabbed mine up by hand and said he will check with his CNC guy to see when he may be able to schedule a run of 4 or more sets.

Did the machinist hear back from the CNC guy? Did you hear back from the machinist?

If a run of these is being made, I'm keen to order at least one set.

I've got the rears installed and I'm happy with them. FINALLY putting the rear suspension back together tomorrow. Boxed the control arms, polyurethane bushings, Bilstein HD's, adj torque rods, and back from the powdercoater. Hoping for a shake down this weekend and front installation shortly after(next week). I didn't make an "arrangement" with the plans for the front adapters so Dean(the machinist) owns them and I'm not sure of his plans to make additional sets. High quality, nice work, nice & knowledgeable guy to work with...I just didn't start the conversation the right way.

Just curious - any of you guys look into CEIKA or StopTech kits? I know the initial investment is fairly high, but they (CEIKA anyway) can make kits for ANY setup, you just have to provide them with the checklist of measurements they need (if no-one has previously had them made). I've used CEIKA for my Volvos, and my X1/9. The quality is there, and they have a better pad contact area than Wilwood - at least, any Wilwood I've seen put on a Volvo or Fiat :D

:nod:

We're sending a spindle, hub and rotor to his machinist who's going to take measurements and design a bracket. Hopefully he'll announce a group buy when the design is finalized and they're ready to be made.

I'd like to get the details on this group buy if it ends up happening.

Last edited:
I didn't make an "arrangement" with the plans for the front adapters so Dean(the machinist) owns them and I'm not sure of his plans to make additional sets. High quality, nice work, nice & knowledgeable guy to work with...I just didn't start the conversation the right way.

Try getting in contact with 71142volvo. Maybe he can get his machinist to make a few sets.

i use on my track 140, 164E vented disc wi
th 240 vented caliper (only have to redrill holes on calipers and direct p&p) for front. Leave rest stock

5p5tYYQmdhhJZeiSCxU5xkp8c1MedW6P3_9x5eGfXYf3xVW5WQXZt7zn3TjE7oY3VPvW3pXBI1k5zAiw6sQgGwa3RbBzlijVHbtziZXn64Rlb1X2LNPpsLnS6AsjZXVjuA10FxF4WX9xrgvXgF67ic7YULTqOmfeOwy-z7NJrp3D23J17dOv2vMcA4MCkefOqL9LP0o7Ym9BiidVqliQ7pPmjlnaBOOnY01UIXsL24B9CKHabTZjygwI8Z-uHJydMaGQhCnikzKfIqnfy0fLcWPauM5G2gLttBfBhCccNIMBWCzL8MFSs8B8kLFWNUy5iKTTY6ydYl642d8sKq4cc88zK3UH5S4HWLVNcyPVNltFD4jp-W-ju2oQZ6of2hYm2igGuHDR820Eiz0mB5wZ846p4TqeLMMuwV3PCQNO9Jcgn-RLprO0g0Kit3oghmkOC5eRQApJV7e_7OU8NJafe-9O6p__ttjOkyiqMISPyYc5815p7FKwOMoRPkT0b52thICokwI9ihPIt_tvYPVyGD_iia8fMmFPKpN3GW_Qbkgy365uahUR4PvZxWvVUKn0aiHjdMZuHHTtmeuQwCykd9hZ5BWbmhD-eJABcTan5ax-PFnWrjuaOzYrVXxLn-MLxRc3ok74sLW6opcKUcSQFhcpNvbkpPMVC2y0MAdMaPSgOVTJU7C0oTQdKCKJw--7pT3hF_zHN-24jg1Psi_LMg0=w567-h850-no

a566JLxQNl3XUJn4bfR5UjeKXNWwSVCdYrcpC3TYe9Dzj-HRfiGcDIQD0JpB8Trnq1qlDKpm_z0ejRBWLomBbGaNxO3WqN8TFTifQBCnzOGFym2Ynv8kras5um3WcUWKOQ7ZSadVvsx1k7wJBRJ1VUcDWVVMtI-_sO7dNY4M1ew48GOff2cb6kLsBo6BrgSWwhg0fKpdmP-I1Q5cZmNFFzRuAhNtJob0g-Hbz8Hw6ksiGo5mLUAgzD13fclla9dvVkZYU8gyfr2E7GGraPoZRTBY2rQjHi0Cb33nAB-QzOgbt4V4AuCVWeQh0IRSxdFoi6qsLlHrJU0AMLtGoRgxmdzYSOVBJCbe2P94Enhup_uMtpwYr5NGdq_tihRBwWlD9-RVLj0OwkivjlFEiPc3LMQBRvpfT3o098yzeBvg5PPcRA43wGPKq69vMW16bz0GBJ-rLZGuwA15yHxP1ut5kC9owVEn-VknrAIud4QlWUaxF5nS0tLYJYEGrQoqlOPhEMcSMbFePMToH-MO25CDH9tLydQAMyHBXMjl-J1IxeNcCoHHW_7IZexpl62WSd5qJlhpJjOnwAKBMkqaLl9pdpWMv4vTPrIlETdFmy2xxHww8ckU3kYU8oxgaunMgcafFhCYyzsho3nMOZNpGDU36gRw-Vv1-iIpfY5PXmqxwiqgGmQsPvCxUPkHnL3cSP9bux9j4kOagKJImoTNPf8m_2o=w567-h850-no

Originally Posted by 71142volvo View Post

I didn't make an "arrangement" with the plans for the front adapters so Dean(the machinist) owns them and I'm not sure of his plans to make additional sets. High quality, nice work, nice & knowledgeable guy to work with...I just didn't start the conversation the right way.

Thank you Ian.

Back