• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

850R, born to be mild

First drive today- it was surprising.

The boost now comes in earlier, and much more smoothly- despite it now boosting beyond the end of the Volvo gauge.

I hit the rev limiter three or four times just because it was going through the gears that much faster, and it did not feel like it was tailing off- previously I'd changed gear when the power delivery started to tail away.

Cruising home at ~98 mph was more of a challenge than normal as the car wanted to go much faster.

My previous best of 145mph with a mate (94kg) and three bikes plus camping gear in the back may be under threat on the next trip through Germany.

Begone!

8561103713_c4ae4ba2c3_b.jpg

Behold!

8561101089_dc8cfa8a49_b.jpg

Ok, that's not really very exciting, this however is very cool (not going on my car, it's for a 1930's straight-eight Humber:

8562207864_52caf7a2aa_b.jpg

8561102199_03a03e508b_b.jpg

Begone!

8561103713_c4ae4ba2c3_b.jpg

Behold!

8561101089_dc8cfa8a49_b.jpg

Ok, that's not really very exciting, this however is very cool (not going on my car, it's for a 1930's straight-eight Humber):

8562207864_52caf7a2aa_b.jpg

8561102199_03a03e508b_b.jpg

Do you still have the original number plates on the back? I've got a feeling it might be an ex-Volvo Car UK car, as it's on an Oxford number plate. Has it got VOLVO written at the bottom of the plate in blue? May have the post code SL7 xxx on it as well.

This is based on the fact that it's an English registration in Scotland, and the Scot's tend to keep their cars in Scotland, although occasionally you get one from Cumbria/Northumberland in the Border areas.

It was a dealer demo car, and was first sold to a guy who put his own plate on it- "3NN", it then changed hands twice more, ending up with the chap up in Scotland on the N plate you can see in the first photo.

The dealer fitted the AP's as part of the initial sale- I've got the original 280mm discs that were then passed from owner to owner in a box, I use them to prop doors open.

I'm going to try to fit in a visit to Powerstation in Tewkesbury sometime soon:

rolling1.jpg

This is where a lot of the other UK 850's have gone to be dyno'd, so should allow for direct comparison of results.

I'll donate $20 to Turbobricks if anyone guesses the crank horsepower that the MAHA RAM3000 declares.

Current state of the engine:

H-beam rods
Ported head with back-cut valves
VXR injectors
Enlarged MAF/intake pipework/throttle body
19T with the angled flange outlet
New wastegate actuator
Ferrita 3" downpipe with 100 cel cat, 2.5" cat-back exhaust
Ported exhaust manifold
Tune to support the above.

Not made it there yet, I'd hope for a bit more than that (measured at the crank).

I'll try to get there in the next couple of weeks.

How you doing mate? Its finally all red again then. My 850R is coming off the road week after next for 'UPGRADINGS' haha. I have K24 and lots of other goodies to go on, should see me make good HP then.
Then i can see how the AWD likes that...
Adam

I'm doing well, still planning on getting the car to you for some AWD'ing at some point, just need to finish the house first.

Back