• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Wagon Delivery Trip

propav8r

F*ck Edgar
So I recently sold my '90 245 Turbo to 245T/Triston. I decided to take a little time and make a mini-roadtrip out of it and took some pics along the way.

I've been in Philadelphia for work the past couple weeks, and I flew home (well, Atlanta anyway) on Friday morning. After getting into Atlanta at about noon, I drove the 3 hours north to Franklin to pick up the car.

I had dropped the car off at a friends' shop for a quick detail before I left, and I picked it up looking great.

2KtW9o5l.jpg

I got out of town at about 6pm, and decided to take it down some of my favorite backroads one last time...

idELhjBl.jpg

2fpEO46l.jpg

From Wayah road, I ran the Dragon for the last time, and it was one of the best runs I've ever had. Turbo weather, nighttime, and absolutely no traffic. I didn't pass a single other car the entire time.

Once I crossed into Tennessee, I headed towards my hotel for the night, a state park lodge at Cumberland Falls, Kentucky.

YCnRjCEl.jpg

For anyone who hasn't stayed at a national or state park lodge, you should give it a shot. They're cheap as hell, and always awesome.

8HCJbzDl.jpg

The room was somewhere between a Red Roof Inn and a Best Western. Older place, but well kept. The morning view was incredible though.

Breakfast in a deserted dining room was $7 for one of the better breakfasts I've ever had on the road.

ctSO9mRl.jpg

After leaving the lodge, I stopped by the falls

0GNWjlQl.jpg

djJu3LBl.jpg

And then turned North again. I enjoyed the curvy roads of the bluegrass state for a couple hours...

HpYSnChl.jpg

AKU4JX9l.jpg

Then decided to pick up the pace a bit heading towards my next stop while crossing into Ohio at Cincinnati.

pAMRYRpl.jpg

After a couple 100+ sprints and playing with a Camaro for a bit, I arrived at the USAF museum in Dayton at about 1:30.

fduALaml.jpg

I hadn't been to the museum in about 10 years, and I had been itching to see the new building. It's incredible.

4TMuGYgl.jpg

After the museum kicked me out at 5:00, I hit the road again for the final hour or so to Columbus.

0SjGUHAl.jpg

Filled up with gas one last time in Springfield (averaged 26mpg on this tank)

ceQLZdnl.jpg

And delivered the car to Triston at about 7pm.

Triston was easy to deal with and a very cool guy. I wish him the best of luck with the car, and I hope I'll get to see him and the car at MountainMeet this year.

So now, for the first time in 10 years, I don't own a running 240. I guess it's time to mess with the '79 again.

Looks like a fun drive, I'll have to keep an eye out for Triston. There aren't too many cars like that in central OH. :)

I had a great time. It was a good last ride in that car for sure. The last three cars I've sold have wound up totaled not too long afterwards, so hopefully this one avoids that fate.

All told, from PHL-ATL-Franklin-Cumberland Falls-Dayton-Columbus-New York-Charlotte-Franklin, I did 2800 miles of travelling in under 48 hours. That's a new record.

Last edited:
Cool. Also been following your trip on IG. And, as I mentioned over there, it's time to get the 244 back together... That way, you can replace it with a real laundry folding table.

-J

Thanks y'all.

I just bought some dumb jewlery for the new wagon that doesn't make it any faster. Maybe I should've spent it on the '79. Oh well.

#noragrets

What'd the breakfast look like

It was dope. Two biscuits and sausage gravy topped with two fried eggs, country ham, and some bacon, with home fries on the side.

I didn't eat again till dinner, and that's saying a lot for me.

Last edited:
Back