• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

That's not a 240! (Prop buys a WWD)

propav8r

F*ck Edgar
Just realized I haven't whored this car out over here yet.

gfRTrngl.jpg

h0tsAbVl.jpg

About a month ago, I was coming back from lunch and saw a silver V70 sitting in a little gravel lot with a "for sale" sign on it, so I whipped a quick u-turn to go take a look.

It was a 2005 T5 V70 with 102k miles on it, so I grabbed the keys and took it down the road a bit. It drove really, really well. I went back to the lot to figure out what they wanted for it, expecting $6-7k. (a little above book)

Nope. 4k.

DAYUM.

Didn't act excited, himmed and hawed about a piece of broken trim by the seat, and threw out an offer of $3500. They took the bait.

Ran down to the bank real quick to get the cash, and when I got back to the lot, I decided to try a little harder...the car needed a detail, so I bargained them down another $200 "since that's what it'll cost me to have it done :roll:" They begrudgingly accepted, so I laid down a stack of cash and drove off.

It's in surprisingly good shape...purchased in North GA back in late '04 and lived its whole life in the Greenville, SC area as a 1-owner car. It was a trade-in at a Porsche dealership, and was dealer-maintained its whole life, down to tires and oil changes. The timing belt was done at 99k, and there's a number of receipts included with the car for basic maintenance stuff.

Since it's an '05, it's a K24 car. Sure, it's FWD, but it moves out pretty well. I suspect that it was involved in a fender-bender at some point since the washer bottle is cracked, and one headlight has been replaced. It's hard to tell, and it's not on the carfax, but it bumped something. Aside from that, it's in really good shape.

So far, it's gotten a Grom bluetooth adapter, H&R springs, 18" Enkei RSF5s, and renewed strut mounts/spring seats. I'm considering a tune, but it'll be a bit before that happens. If anything, it'll get a tune/injectors/downpipe. We'll see how much scratch is available in the next couple months.

WWjaWj4l.jpg

Overall, I'm very happy with it. I don't care for the turning radius, the steering is a little light for my taste (I'm getting used to it though), and the interior could be a little less plasticy, but hey, overall, it's a great car. I'll pick away at the things that bug me and hopefully keep it for awhile.

Those wheels really set it off. Seeing this wagon makes me regret selling the V70 a few weeks ago. Try getting a rear facing seat in it yet?

Nice, that's probably the best whiteblock platform in terms of maximum power output. Not too sure about the transmission but that should be a 2.4L 81mm bore block, which have been shown to support over 400 bhp without being opened (was a video of one doing 450 whp a few years ago in Sweden).

Good score! Sell it for a profit and buy mine!

I showed those to my wife, when I was trying to get her out of her crappy '04 Grand Prix, but she preferred the look of the 850's. She settled on a '97 855 GLT LPT.

Good-looking car. Esp for what you got it for.

Nice one! These are manual swappable these days with no ECU issues if you ever feel inclined

Looks great, nice score. I know I'm in the minority but I dig the 5-speed auto in the newer Volvos, it gets you off the line much faster than the M66.

It will fit in the middle, but turns it into a "three seater" car.

Wouldnt fit in my s60 comfortably. In the middle, both front seats had to be too far forward for any sense of comfort for me. My co workers v70 he was OK putting it behind the passenger seat. But I never looked at how far forward the passenger seat was.

It's for the headlights... Just needs to know how heavy it's loaded to adjust for the sag.

Is there a way to calibrate it or something? My headlights are aimed too low even with the manual adjuster all the way up. Or maybe the load sensor itself is bad.

You need vida to calibrate it.

A problem with those lights, is the little motor dies. So even at max mechanical setting, the light is very low.

If I were you, I'd get one of those knock off vida units. It will come in very handy.

Jordan

Wouldnt fit in my s60 comfortably. In the middle, both front seats had to be too far forward for any sense of comfort for me. My co workers v70 he was OK putting it behind the passenger seat. But I never looked at how far forward the passenger seat was.

Depends on the seat too I think. I have my VR seat back pretty far, and had a Britax rear-facing in the middle. Was contacting the seat but kind of offset. Luckily now our little one is forward facing so I think these issues are in the past.

Back