• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Andrewhans 240 LS Swap, Going for 8's

This is free and I already had it is why.

If it doesnt work Ill grab a 940 radiator and redo it. Who knows, it may work just fine. As long as I can let it idle for 30 min on its own without overheating I'll be happy.

I haven't seen anybody try so i figured what the hell, why not find out if it'll work. It's my project car not my DD. It's the same reason Im going to adapt the factory shifter to work with the TH350 and Im reuseing the AC condenser as a rear mounted trans cooler with the AC pusher fan setup to keep everything cool.

Got the serp belt picked up. I have a 6 rib 71.1" length but I think a 71.5" would be perfect. The tensioner is currently at the upper mark. This is for large case alternator and no PS with the ICT billet idler relocation pulley. I grabbed the relocation pulley because Matt Happel(denmah, sloppy mechanics guy)said he kept throwing belt with that long ass run from alternator to crank.

Also I'm gratefull to have a garage but it'd ve nice if I didnt have to pull the engine over the fender because I can't pull it forward. #firstworldproblems

Last edited:
Put mine on dollies and pushed it to a diagonal position in the garage - made enough room in the corner to get engine out from the front. Have a steep concrete pad/driveway and was concerned if I got the hoist out there, it was goin’ to the “bottom”.

Last edited:
I am running no AC on my 5.3 and it throws the belt sometimes on very hard acceleration(turbo :cool: ). Think ill have to buy a idler relocation pulley like yours

Is it this one? http://www.ictbillet.com/ls-idler-p...ke-swap-lq4-lq9-lsx-4-8l-5-3l-6-0l-truck.html

Yeah that's the one.

Did some more work today. Finished oil feed, oil drain, windage tray modifications and the oil pan installed. Included a pic of the engine not on its side. Makes my head hurt looking at that picture.

I got a little sneaky with the oil feed. It was also too short to come from my origonal location above the oil filter.

Here's the upright shot of belt routing lol

Yeah, brain fart is whats up :) I meant no PS
I knew what you meant lol

That's some pretty nice oil feed routing
Thanks, I didnt like it ran up and over the intake and I didnt have enough to go from the oil cooler place I was planning. This actually works amazing and Im very happy it worked out like this.

Final update for the day. Welded up the passenger manifold, now to build the rest of the crossover. Easy part is done. 2" vband. It didnt want to weld until I preheated both parts a lot. Then she stuck together real nice like.

Got some work done on the crossover. Still more to do.

The Craftsman C3 drill earned its place in the garage today. Drilled 2 2" holes through pretty thick material. The air coming out of the motor was hot enough I needed to move my hand out of the way. Haha. Motor didnt burn up though.

Made some good progress on the crossover and wastegate setup. The crossover is 100% reused exhaust that came off the car. Turned out pretty good IMO.

Thats all for now.

Got it put back together making sure everything still is happy.

Now to hammer the trans tunnel enough to clear the dual bolt pattern th350 case I have. If it were a regular GM th350 case it wouldn't need that much work.

Back