• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

90' 760T 15G mini project

WagenSport

As some of you guys might have read in the Performance Modification Fourms, i overheated my engine tremendouly and ripped my headgasket a new a**hole. Figured i would move my thread over to this section since it was more fitting. At the moment I'm still in the tear down stage. Going to pick up the 15g turbo, browntops, and 4bar FPR from the pick and pull yard this week. Right now the engine is at 215k, the plan is to install all of the following items, move the AFM downstream of the greddy bov, and start a tune. Oh yeah, and now that i know about this "fuel cut switch" for higher boost levels I shall hunt it down and remove it. No idea what my fueling will support but iam hoping to run a steady 15psi, and possibly higher for "track" runs and such. Otherwise i already ordered and recieved most of the following.

Stage 0
+Elring headgasket set
+Waterpump and themostat
+Stabilizer Bar bushing ( one is missing )
+Timing Belt Kit
+Red/Clear/Clear/Red tails ( right tail was missing some lenses and wouldnt pass inspection )
+225/60/15s for the rear since i burnt off most of the rubber on the previous tires running the 13c at 15lbs.

Performance
+Reclocked 15g
+Bosch Browntops
+Turbo Caravan FPR
+A/F Gauge
+8mm plug Wires
+Hard Charge Pipes 2.5"
+Ebay 28x9x2.5 intercooler
+Greddy Type RS Mounting tube (2.5")
+Greddy type RS ( already owned )
+Volvo electric fan kit
+255lph fuel pump
+Cat test pipe, magnaflow muffler, straight pipe for the rear muffler ( going to go 3"TB but no funds for such yet )

Hoping to complete the job this week, unless the head is warped, then the project will probably go on several more weeks due to funds. If the head is getting rebuilt its getting done right with oversized valves and the IPD cam and gear.

Last edited:
Oh yeah also forgot I'm going to clip the springs in the front while its off the road, to level it out a bit, if not have the front dip down a little lower. I like the Positive rake look. Here is it pre work- ( Ill have some under hood shots as i go )

Last edited:
that interior looks immaculate! nice work...i like the style you're pursuing

Thank you, I always enjoy sorta the OEM plus styling/tuning. I was wondering if any of you guys could give me some ideas or tips to think about when installing my A/F gauge, i dont want to just slap it somewhere stupid. Ive been thinking about cutting a 2" circle in the vent that is above my boost gauge, and installing it there. I will lose functionality of the vent though which will suck. Got the idea from this audi gauge pod...
AWE_b5_S4_ventkit_med.jpg

Let me know if anyone has any better ideas, i dont want an A pilliar pod!

Did a little bit of head work today. Got a bit carried away, didnt even completly clean the head up much yet, or check the mating surface to be flat. Sounds like tomorrows job. (3 of 4 exhaust ports, opened up "slighlty"

im doing my boost guage like that omori vent pod. it won't be too hard, and i may retain the vent if im sneaky. ill post pics when i get to it
That would be terrific. Glad to see someone else had the same idea. I might start with the vent pod tonight, the engine work is at a stand still until i get some parts and tool. On a Side note, install the r/c/c/r tails today:

Before :

After:

Oh yeah, also got the 255lph pump in. Took a little modification, but installation was a breeze. Simply had to take a dremel with sanding wheel, and take the bumps out from the inside of the pump holder. Once they were gone it slid right into the mount firmly. Installed new fuel sock, and had to splice pwr and gnd wire to fit the new connector.

OK question/ opinions wanted. I want to make my blow off valve downstream of my AMM. Here is my proposed set up. Before the intercooler. Basically it would go, short pipe from compressor/blow off/ amm/ intercooler. Will this work out, or will i be screwing with the AMM having the blow off valve so close?

Last edited:
OK question/ opinions wanted. I want to make my blow off valve downstream of my AMM. Here is my proposed set up. Before the intercooler. Basically it would go, short pipe from compressor/blow off/ amm/ intercooler. Will this work out, or will i be screwing with the AMM having the blow off valve so close?

the BOV needs to be where the pressurized air is, not before the turbo

such as after turbo, before intercooler; or after intercooler, before throttle body

Oh yeah, does anyone know a good way to compress the valve springs without the tool. I rented a tool but it doesnt work on the volvo head since the springs and retainers are more recessed. Any ideas?

the BOV needs to be where the pressurized air is, not before the turbo

such as after turbo, before intercooler; or after intercooler, before throttle body
As i posted the order i was going for is TURBO, short pipe to bov to amm to intercooler. Sorry if i left something out previous.

Oh yeah, does anyone know a good way to compress the valve springs without the tool. I rented a tool but it doesnt work on the volvo head since the springs and retainers are more recessed. Any ideas?

In the past I have bolted an oxygen sensor socket to a standard valve spring comressor and it worked ok for disassembly. I have since found a hard plastic or nylon adapter that looks somewhat like the O2 socket but is designed for OHC valve spring compression. I can't recall where I got it, though. Search on the web.

As i posted the order i was going for is TURBO, short pipe to bov to amm to intercooler. Sorry if i left something out previous.

im not so sure I am reading this correctly.

The MAF must go before the turbo.
The BOV must go on after the turbo to vent the pressurized air.

General consensus is post intercooler, but I've seen it everywhere with no bad effects

Back