• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

(Not*) Mediocre 242

Nope. The local track is closed for good, and I haven't been to the dyno yet. I'm upgrading my fuel injectors and doing some rear suspension stuff right now. But I plan on going to the dyno this winter and seeing what it makes.

The car has been sitting since it got cold and snowy here. Not worth driving because I have zero traction. I have been redoing the rear suspension which will hopefully be done soon and I replaced the blower motor.

That's a good idea. I'll see what I can do about a spec list on the first post.

mBzLE9pl.jpg

PDfeat3l.jpg

9RJMZedl.jpg

I installed some of Ben's rear axle bearings last night. It really was an easy job with the DIY tool. My bushings weren't as bad as some I've seen, but they definitely weren't good. I'm excited to try the new ones out. Unfortunately, I'm still waiting on a few things to finish up the new rear suspension setup, so I can't drive it yet.

My buddy also upgraded to a double pumper setup on his civic and gave me his walbro 525. Once it warms up a bit and I can put some power down I'll check my injector duty and see if I need to swap out the 450.

I finally found some toy bumpers in decent shape, and they were local as well. They're not the best lookin, but they're good enough for now. I have a full set of turbo trim to go with this as soon as I find some clips. I'm not sure if I'll keep my trailer hitch on the car as it sticks out past the bumper, but it's staying on for now. I still need to drill the holes for the trim clips, drill holes for my bumper lights, fix, paint and install my air dam. This is good enough for now though, and was a big step in the right direction. I'm really happy to lose all the unnecessary weight and ugly looks (in my opinion) of the commandos.

pUbhT6yh.jpg

XqmEaLFh.jpg

Last edited:
Commandos look great on pre-81 cars. Fight me.

That's fine. But this isn't a pre 81 car and commandos aren't my favorite.

What spoiler is that? Looks great

It's a saab spoiler, but I never have figured out exactly what car it's from. The part number is:

sbZgw8el.jpg

Man, you're really into poking the oogly bear today.
Dave

Lol. I know it's pot calling the kettle black because my car is ugly with no trim, but oh well. I get why people like commandos, they're just not for me.

if/when you want to make the covers and trim look good SEM Bumper Coater in Honda Black worked good for me. The old material sucks it up like a sponge, think I went through two full cans.

if/when you want to make the covers and trim look good SEM Bumper Coater in Honda Black worked good for me. The old material sucks it up like a sponge, think I went through two full cans.

I was just looking at your thread for clip count and position and saw the SEM stuff. I'll have to get some of that. Did you sand the covers at all?

I did SEM on my wagon. I gave it a quick rubdown with 800 grit followed by a wipe down with paint thinner, followed by tack cloth. Painting involved spraying a coat of plastic prep followed by paint itself.

Looking back, I think sanding is not necessary unless you are filling nicks and scratches. The plastic is plenty porous as is.

I was just looking at your thread for clip count and position and saw the SEM stuff. I'll have to get some of that. Did you sand the covers at all?

yeah I scuff basically everything before it gets any kind of paint or stain. The covers are porous but also have a 'crap layer' on top that you might as well knock down before you put $30 worth of spray paint on top of it. Good for adhesion and a good even finish. I had a couple of nicks/gouges that I filled in with flexible body filler too.

Back