• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

A big valve 8valve is better than a 16valve head for 99% of tbricks

they do but its not hard to DIY it or go coil on plug

VAG coils even fit under the stock spark plug cover.

YYEg0enh.jpg

Don't they blow out with judicious boost though?

Only if you get the old OEM ones from a junkyard. So basically what any TBer would do.
The updated replacement ones are a lot better. I?m waiting for Asher to come in here and tell use that they all suck.

Only if you get the old OEM ones from a junkyard. So basically what any TBer would do.
The updated replacement ones are a lot better. I?m waiting for Asher to come in here and tell use that they all suck.

So the VW kids go for R8 coils because they are long and red then?

HOOOOOOLD the horses, I was using Toyota COPS, not VAG COPS. Derped my mind.

Not nearly as fun.

They were doing fine at 24-ish PSI w/E85.

You got a part number on those Toyota COPs? I tried a few different ones but they were not having it.

You got a part number on those Toyota COPs? I tried a few different ones but they were not having it.

UF314? Something like that. They fit the 2ZZGE Toyota motor.

They're also 'logic level trigger - no need for a driver, no real need to sweat the dwell settings in MS, just run 12V/GND/TRG to them and let them figure out how to zap.

You have to lop off part of it - mostly the plastic flange (it's circular, a bit too wide to fit down in the Volvo plug hole all the way).

Last edited:
Many thanks! Those are definitely not the coils I tried using.

Edit: Harald, we will never figure this out...

Back