• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Hackster's LSA / T56 2 door

Plan is for the seats to get carved up more bucket like and have the same material and pattern as the front seats have on them, just no logos.

very interested to see this. I am having the center section of my recaro's done and have the back seat in my basement. Originally I wanted to swap in a different rear seat but then thought maybe I could 'fake it out' with the stock seat. Carving it up a bit is what I was thinking as well (now I kinda wish I beat you to it :-P)

The '92 dash I put in my 242 was perfect, few years on now and it grew a small crack during storage one winter. It does feel like a losing battle.

I can relate; had a similar experience. I bought a perfect brown '87 dash from Dave Barton and installed it in my 242. Always used a reflective sun shade and tried to park the car out of the direct sun as much as possible. The dash still cracked down by the VIN plate and one of the defroster vents after a few months. They are minor cracks but it was sad for sure.

Going through the same on my 92 - I would wrap it :oogle: - seems to apply in a lot of situations :) But seriously even wrapping in the pebble grain vinyl again, materials today are much more resistant to sun/crack and fade then decades ago. I got a price for $300 to wrap mine in pebble grain vinyl.

Going through the same on my 92 - I would wrap it :oogle: - seems to apply in a lot of situations :) But seriously even wrapping in the pebble grain vinyl again, materials today are much more resistant to sun/crack and fade then decades ago. I got a price for $300 to wrap mine in pebble grain vinyl.

That's not bad at all. Have you seen an example of work? The dashboard can be repaired as well. Check out this video. I can't shorten link since I'm on mobile. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...gwAHoECAUQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2-WNB_4FkI5GQ8KxLiklkG

That seems like a smoking deal. Were they going to stitch it or one piece?

If I could find someone that could wrap it and have it look great for even $500 I would be all in.

Sean

Huge shout out to Scott and Taylor for letting me raid their parts bin to get this thing put together. They had a once crack free dash that developed a small crack down to the defrost vent. I am sure it will get worse but it was a start.

I picked it up Friday night and got to work on Saturday, disassembling the dash vents, vin, speaker grille.

I have used this process in the past with excellent results. Wash first with purple power, scrub with a red scotch brite pad and purple power, dry part and heat it up, heat up the can and spray several very light coats. It keeps the part from getting glossy and keeps the texture in the plastic part.

And here is where I started on Saturday morning.

Once I got the dash in I got to work on getting that bad ass cluster all built and put together. For those that have not seen it, this thing is seriously a work of art.

Getting there, First look of the dash bolted in.

By the end of the day I had a fully installed dash and console. There is a lot of little detail work to make highly modified look simple and tasteful.

This is the inside of the glovebox,

Pic is hard to tell but the OBDII port is mounted on the exterior of the box and just pokes through, the connector is for OBDII can bus interface for the race pak setup. The white wire is for data logging the AFR's. Behind that is a flush mounted USB port for programming the Race Pak dash configuration.

MIL Light is flush mounted in the top corner of the glovebox opening.

All assembled and functioning.

I also spent a bunch of time fighting with the stupid TCM controller. Long story short, the e38 ecu and OS I am running doesnt like having the VSS input straight into it, so we are having to run a TCM controller, send the VSS into the TCM controller and from there over can bus into the ECU but when I hook it up it corrupts the Can Bus so working with Jolt to see if he has a different solution.

If all goes well this thing should be ready for some tuning in the next few weeks.

Sean

That seems like a smoking deal. Were they going to stitch it or one piece?

If I could find someone that could wrap it and have it look great for even $500 I would be all in.

Sean

It was a wrap - no stitch. There may be a little friend discount tossed in there - yours looks great!

My God that looks just too good

Thank you!!

Is this the new car for the front page?

Appreciate the high praise man, lets see how it turns out in the end =)

You do fantastic work , but You lost Me at TCM,e38,OS,VSS,Can Bus, and Jolt

Thanks, I can get in the weeds a little bit, but its how I keep learning.

It was a wrap - no stitch. There may be a little friend discount tossed in there - yours looks great!

That is a smoking deal, maybe take you up on it on the next one or when this one develops more cracks.

Kind of a **** show of a week, sometimes you win sometimes you loose. Bought a new steering wheel and the dish that I thought would work great is just not enough and the wheel is too close to the turn signal and windshield wiper lever.

Managed to work on the can bus issue and pretty sure I made it worse.

I did manage to get the rear seat and door cards picked up from the upholstery guy. Have a little spot on the top of the seat back that needs redone but can do that down the road. Other than that turned out great. Pretty much what I had in my little pee brain.

Pretty sure nobody needs this many pics of a volvo rear seat but I am excited about how its turning out.

Not sure about the black handle yet, but all brown seemed to be a little bit too much.

Isnt this how you are supposed to put a seat in?

And the whole thing together.

Absolutely stunning, no other words. I’d say you certainly achieved what you set out for as far as the back seat goes. Looks phenomenal!

I think if you did black accents on the seats(the horizontal parts), it would look really sick and custom. You would probably have to swap the armrest on doors to match.

If I take my shoes off first, may I climb into the back and sit on the rear seat? Someone has to try it out. I don't want a ride, just a sit.

Back