• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Cheap Chinese tires seem okay!

:uh:

I wouldn't call 23.21" ? very close at all to any of the stock sizes.

185-70-14 is the stock 240 sedan size @ 24.19" ?.

185 R {80} 14 is the stock wagon size @ 25.65" ?.

So doing the math your wheels are 2.44" shorter than stock wagon diameter, and your car sits almost an inch and a quarter lower than it should.

:e-shrug:

Okay, fair enough. i didn't realize it was that big of a difference. However, they are mine now, so they are gonna get ridden hard and put away wet (or dry) until they explode, go bald, get stolen, or an unusually large cop mistakes them for donuts. It could happen. My 15 year old already wants to know why there are Oreos right by all of my vents.

So, right size or not (obviously not), this thread is about how well they work, and how well they hold up. At the end of they day, they are a HUGE step up from the Michelin with the broken belt, it's neighbor "Baldy," and the badly feathered edges on the front meats. And before you tell me, alignment and any needed repairs are coming quickly.

That being said, I got to drive with them in some mixed wet/dry conditions today. I know the tire ratings have nothing to do with wet cornering, but my personal ratings do. So far so good. Tried to break it loose at about 35 in a tight turn but couldn't. So that is a good sign. More testing required though. Not much road noise, ride feels smooth enough. And I like how they look on the car, for better or worse.

:uh:

I wouldn't call 23.21" ? very close at all to any of the stock sizes.

185-70-14 is the stock 240 sedan size @ 24.19" ?.

185 R {80} 14 is the stock wagon size @ 25.65" ?.

So doing the math your wheels are 2.44" shorter than stock wagon diameter, and your car sits almost an inch and a quarter lower than it should.

:e-shrug:

The older tires such as the 185R14 you mention had an aspect ratio of 82.

Experienced the new tires today on wet roads with a little standing water/puddles. No indication of hydroplaning, felt sure-footed. Pleased so far!

Topped out at about 70. But it is exceedingly rare that I drive more than 70 mph. Also, this car is used almost exclusively for driving within a 20 mile radius. We did drive it to S.Carolina recently, but it probably won't make that trip again. Should have the wife a better car soon, and it'll be the road trip car.

Look for E Mark certification on the sidewall. If the tire is made to meet EU Standards it may have an "E" (as well as a number) in a circle. E1 being Germany.

I have nothing to say, my sedan has those garbage tires from Pep Boys. Not my idea, PO put them on and they are new. They have not been bad, actually, and I drove them in some fierce rain yesterday. Any other car and I'd replace them, but the 240 has about a dozen things ahead of tires to address first...

Whatcha get?

Michelin Premier! Very quiet and comfy ride! The Honda is the baby mobile...... it that I would cheap out anyway!

Gosh, is say that 75% of the cars I. It to flip have four different tires on them.....so at least you hae a matching set, you seem to like them too!

I remember either reading or hearing somewhere that since Costco buys so many tires they get them really cheap, maybe $10 a tire. So that would be a good place to shop. Walmart too. So I'm sure you can a name brand tire for a really good price. Where the money is made is on installation, disposal fees, tire protection, all the add ons.

I remember either reading or hearing somewhere that since Costco buys so many tires they get them really cheap, maybe $10 a tire. So that would be a good place to shop. Walmart too. So I'm sure you can a name brand tire for a really good price. Where the money is made is on installation, disposal fees, tire protection, all the add ons.

Mine came from Walmart's website. Had them put on at Walmart. My wife works there, so discounts abounded. Cost under $200 for four tires, installed, free lifetime rotation.

I'm currently running 185/65R14 Nokian Entyres on my car, picked em up before I left my job at the Tire Factory/Point S. They do great and handle better than a 70 series sidewall. More power to ya running a shorter sidewall than me! :-D

Back