• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vancity Volvos

Judging by Pete's photos it is in fact a b21a.

Is this really the same one that was for sale about a month ago for like 8000? Such a shame.

4EDCE55C2C6542838DD8C959806206F8004_web.jpg

I'm almost certain it was the same one for sale before.

Well heading to empire to look at the sedan

Might need to grab some donor material.

b7GxZEFl.jpg

Q4fhnp3l.jpg

1lrudrSl.jpg

Last edited:
Well heading to empire to look at the sedan

Might need to grab some donor material.

Jesus Pete... Grab some donor material you did. With all the floor you cut out I'm surprised that thing was still able to stand up on those old wheels without buckling!

I snatched the driver's door window motor and with that giant hole you created I had a nice little spot to stand.

Btw for anyone wondering...I cracked open the head of that beige 242 in the yard and to my surprise what cam was in it????? Slotted M cam. WTF? Why would anyone swap to an M? Head looked like it had been pulled recently. The car has an m46 and a very very clean brown complete interior if anyone needs stuff.

Btw for anyone wondering...I cracked open the head of that beige 242 in the yard and to my surprise what cam was in it????? Slotted M cam. WTF? Why would anyone swap to an M?

So you can keep the A cam and still sell the car as a runner.

Got places with my car now though.

That's looking really good!

I've got some serious rust repair to do on the Snot Rocket. I just bought six more months of insurance, so I guess I'm not planning on crushing it. I'm elbows deep in a TDI swap for my turd of a van, so that's been taking up all my free time (and more).

So you can keep the A cam and still sell the car as a runner.

That's looking really good!

I've got some serious rust repair to do on the Snot Rocket. I just bought six more months of insurance, so I guess I'm not planning on crushing it. I'm elbows deep in a TDI swap for my turd of a van, so that's been taking up all my free time (and more).

Sim great to see your response. You still fabricating?

What van are you doing the swap on?

Sim great to see your response. You still fabricating?

What van are you doing the swap on?

I keep half an eye on this thread still.

I just wrote my millwright red seal exam, still fabricating and mechanic-ing.

The van is a 1995 Volkswagen Transporter white panel van I bought for work. It's crappy and old and slow, but surprisingly relaxing to drive and capable of hauling 800kg of tools while getting 25mpg.

The rare old dirty mechanical diesel is coming out in favour of a common modern clean computer controlled diesel from a 2004 Jetta. Half a liter less displacement, one fewer cylinder, and about 50 more horsepower. Plus if it blows up, I can buy a replacement anywhere. I'm expecting to push the van into the thirties mileage-wise, but it will take quite a few kilometers to pay for this foolish project on fuel savings. Mostly it's about reliability, emissions, and making it up the Coquihalla faster than the semis.

Still dumb enough to think that adding a turbocharger is a good idea.

I'll post a link to some pictures here once I have something to show for myself.

Geez, I've gotten bad (worse) at communicating with my species. Likewise from me, Sim.

M.

Floor is in. Zinc primer laid over... waiting to cure before seam sealer.
AIfc6l3l.jpg

XQHDuJKl.jpg

next seat base rebuild..

also want to patch hole in rear drivers upper shock mount...

anyone removed the vinyl over the wheel well? Adhesive attached?

pete

I can see the modification progress on this thread but I feel like it will take some time to finish it.

As the Vancity Collective we pride ourselves on the power of consensus-fest to resolve anything. It took us 6 years to agree on the name.

You have embraced our values well.

Back