• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Getting turbo redblock into the 300hp range?

Side note, for what it's worth, the IPD Turbo camshaft is one of the only camshafts readily available in the US anymore(that I know of) at a reasonable price range and it will do you well with your goals.

Side note, for what it's worth, the IPD Turbo camshaft is one of the only camshafts readily available in the US anymore(that I know of) at a reasonable price range and it will do you well with your goals.

I've heard mixed reviews on it and I know.opd quality has gone downhill from what it used to be
Any clue on how it compares to a rsi

Their camshafts are fine. The IPD Turbo camshaft will idle better than the RSI camshaft and have better drivability off idle but it MAY have reduced performance after that at higher rpm(the IPD cam has less overlap at low lift/valve opening). It'll be enough for your goals and I would not purchase an RSI camshaft if it were me, considering you can't get one new and their designs aren't straight forward. You can compare the two lobes HERE, assuming whatever RSI camshaft you get is actually the one measured here as a Stage 2, because their first camshafts came out as a Stage 2 and then they renamed it to their Stage 1 and who knows WTF really is going on.

Last edited:
Like he said ^^ There is nothing wrong with a new IPD camshaft. I just bought and installed a VX cam and adjustable gear for a customer and it looked every bit as good as any other aftermarket cam we install.

Like he said ^^ There is nothing wrong with a new IPD camshaft. I just bought and installed a VX cam and adjustable gear for a customer and it looked every bit as good as any other aftermarket cam we install.

I had a vx cam with a 15G pushing 16psi made 186hp 225wtq back in 2010 cam straight up on green tops and a 3" maf.

I cut my teeth on anemic domestic 80's ****boxes. My mostly stock 88 765 TI does as good if not better than some ****boxes from the 80's. So don't expect miracles and maybe your B230FT won't vent the block.

Back