• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cosbysweater's Turbo LS 244

Too bad you couldn't get a full pull this weekend Erik. Hopefully with the fueling issue resolved and maybe get your ass in gear and get a cage, you'll be in the mid 10's?

He's too busy being a P-car collector, sniffing his own farts, going to pop-up art galleries and drinking Petrolicious branded espresso :-P

Lol! Yea it was kinda a bummer and I think I may have hurt the engine, got a spare I'm gonna throw in and pull my 6.0 apart but yea for those who weren't at the strip.
11.003 at 127, lifting about 150-200 feet before the end
103mph 7.1 1/8
1.7 footbrake 60 foot
Max boost was 15 falling to around 12.
https://youtu.be/uBlgcbBPkX8

On my way to pick up a new engine. The 6.0 is hurt and I have a few engines that I could use for the car but I got a amazing deal on a aluminum gen 4 5.3. also the car will loose about 100 lbs off the front end!

And there it is!!! It's possible it's a gen 3 but I'm not too worried about it at this point I'm gonna gap the rings and throw in some better springs and the turbo cam I bought when it was on sale. I don't quite yet know what I'm going to do with the 6.0. plans are to either build it and put good heads on it or just repair it and keep it around. Ended up getting this aluminum 5.3 and 60e for 1k, and already sold the 60e on my way to pick it up for 600 bucks. So 400 for a complete aluminum 5.3 is not bad at all imo

Finished the other bank, Inspected everything. Looks really nice. All the rings were pretty tight so I opened them up to about .028 for the top and bottom. Have all the pistons sitting in a chemical bath and im going to steam clean and hone the block on lunch. I got some tfs dual valve springs, retainers and seals. Going to grind the valves and throw those and the new turbo cam tomorrow and Im hoping to have the new setup running this weekend. Also throwing in a new radiator with a for Taurus two speed fan and I'm hoping I can get the new inter cooler in it as well to help. The cold side right now is extremely restrictive.

picture dump, been busy with it, rotating assembly is done, waiting on the rest of the parts.

lost my ring compressor so had to use the ole flathead method to install the rings, the Milwaukee die grinder is amazing for cutting rings, and those are the cam specs for what im going to be running

Due to a really ****ty personal situation it's taking longer then I want. Here are the new springs! Got them in at lunch and found the stock pushrods are the perfect length. So I ordered a set of hardened ones just for fun.

Engine is now finished. Bought a extra set of manifolds and oil pan for it because i have a feeling the stock wagon is going to get swapped at some point. It will be non turbo, however the plan is to keep all of the AC and everything in place. I will probably run it on a stock ecu. Plan is to see what damage is done to the 6.0 and see if it can be saved and use the 6.0 in my daily. Right now I have a spare 5.3 gen 3 And a 4.8 gen 4 incase something lets loose on the aluminum engine

Engine is now finished. Bought a extra set of manifolds and oil pan for it because i have a feeling the stock wagon is going to get swapped at some point. It will be non turbo, however the plan is to keep all of the AC and everything in place. I will probably run it on a stock ecu. Plan is to see what damage is done to the 6.0 and see if it can be saved and use the 6.0 in my daily. Right now I have a spare 5.3 gen 3 And a 4.8 gen 4 incase something lets loose on the aluminum engine

I dont know about you but something about having this 5.3 in my wagon, the ac works amazing compared to that **** box stock 2.3 its been in the 85-90? temps in dallas

Back