• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cosbysweater's Turbo LS 244

Took apart the 6.0 finally, it was just tired after all that hard abuse, this thing did hold up extremely well!

You can see the pistons were getting a little melty!

Got new wheels for the gremmie as well! Fronts are 0 offset 15x7 rear are 15x8 0 offset, tires are some old Hoosier radials 215/65r15.

Worked on the 244 a bit last weekend, ever since before Davis I've noticed the car had some intermittent lack of power issues. After the swap to the 5.3 I knew there was going to be a bit of a response difference compared to the 6.0 but it was randomly do bad that it felt like it may as well not have a turbo. I finally sawzalled off the driver's side of the turbo crossover and found the flex coupling to have a ton of holes in it and it had started to collapse. Had my buddy Tig a 2.25 vband on the side that remained in the car and installed a new vibrant turbo flex in there. It feels alot more consistent now. Did a little bit of street tuning and turned the boost up to about 18ish psi, and about 10 degrees up top, car feels great but I do miss the 6.0. I have been thinking about throwing some better heads on this thing but at the same time I think I'm just going to leave it. I have a new intercooler that I'm going to throw in sooner rather then later. Modify the valve cover on the passenger side and do a 4 inch down pipe on it to a 3.5 after the trans and straight out the back. The current intercooler setup is super not ideal. Outlet on the turbo is 3.75 inches, it necks down to a 2.5, into a 22x7x2.5 ic and then into a 92mm throttle body. I've been leaving so much on the table as far as efficiency goes and I need to iron all of that stuff out.

In other news, ran into the original owner of my new gremlin. Found out alot of cool stuff out about the engine and why it's such a bear to drive. It has a 390 AMC block, forged 401 crank and rods and some high compression je pistons with a full Edelbrock top end kit. I'm starting a thread on it on the AMC forums and I'll link it in my signature if any one is interested in it.

Post a vid when you get there! Would love to see it.

Luckily for me, the guys I bought my aluminum 5.3 from ran it on the dyno and found worn cam bearings before they shipped it to me, common problem I suppose? I don't know... I had them put a cam in and fix the bearings way cheaper than I could have done it. What heads do you have on it? I have a couple sets of heads, currently have the 799 heads on it.

Post a vid when you get there! Would love to see it.

Luckily for me, the guys I bought my aluminum 5.3 from ran it on the dyno and found worn cam bearings before they shipped it to me, common problem I suppose? I don't know... I had them put a cam in and fix the bearings way cheaper than I could have done it. What heads do you have on it? I have a couple sets of heads, currently have the 799 heads on it.

My aluminum motor is a lm4 so the older trailblazer/envoy engine. It has 706 heads on it. Yea cam bearings are a common issue on these things but honestly what I've found is the cam retainer plate and rear cover gaskets are the number one killer of the cam bearings.

Well guys ended up with another car. Massive amounts of progress spread through all the projects here. Let me see if I can get it all. Got the the full service done on my tdi, which is nice, I've put over 10k on it. Moved the gremlin over to a friend's house and we have YUGE plans for that car, as well as most of the engine stuff being done. Ummmmm did some service work on the 993, ironically I haven't driven it since August, but my mom dailys it to keep the miles on it and make sure it's okay. The Volvo is getting a intercooler swap and going straight back to the track. I'm going to see if I can crack tens with the 5.3 at low boost and full intake and exhaust. In full daily mode. Also picked up a 74 Bavaria with a friend that has a m30 swapped in 3x dcoes and a getrag 265. Don't know why we bought it but it's super funny. Pics incoming as well as videos

When are we headed to the track? Sitting on a decent spark tune and around 22-23psi, ready to smoke the slicks again, before the year is out. If we can get you, Ryan and myself out to lock in the win for the best coast that would be awesome!

When are we headed to the track? Sitting on a decent spark tune and around 22-23psi, ready to smoke the slicks again, before the year is out. If we can get you, Ryan and myself out to lock in the win for the best coast that would be awesome!

In that case I'll max out the ebc and leave the crank on the track!

You said you'd do that last time and you failed, so now you gotta double up and make it happen! lol

You have my number, lets get together and get out there! Mine's pulling clean thru the rev range with the gap dropped down so it should be good for at least a 13.0 finally, if it'll hook.

Back