• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Hackster's LSA / T56 2 door

Isn't the LSA 6.2L though?

....and alum block...

Yea it is for sure but I'll give it the name the "poor man's" lsa. Haha

I would go back and rename the thread but I cannot edit the title.

As a clarification, I will be running a 6.0 from a 2008 pickup, iron block aluminum heads. I am running a 2010 camaro water pump, ICT Billet power steering pump mount and alternator mount, Holley 302-1 oil pan, Hooker cast exhaust manifolds (ceramic coated) LSA supercharger with CTSV top for hood clearances and adapter plates to adapt the cathedral port heads to the square port supercharger. LSA factory fuel injectors and LS9 fuel rails, this will put the fuel connections near the brake booster.

No this is not the lightest setup, no its not a real LSA, yes its a less expensive way to get good power from the 6.0 and lot of people have figured this LSA supercharger on a 6.0 and 5.3 swap out. Power should be plenty north of 500 to the wheels with this setup and all GM reliability. Ill be running the factory ECU and a custom harness for this setup.

Definitely looking forward to seeing this one unfold! Your work is always top-notch. Welcome back dude!

Thanks man, its fun to be back in a Volvo.

:drama: Getting in line. Looking forward to the rapid progress that is surely coming soon. Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Thanks man, I have a lot more on my plate than I did a few years ago, plus I am a little slower now after my motorcycle accident last June so progress will likely be a little bit slower than my last build threads.

I might hit you up on a few things.......curious if you have any more photos of the rear fenders if you finished them up.

Not much time to work on the little car this weekend but got a few hours in this afternoon after a quick 250 mile trip to drop off a pickup for a car event a buddy puts on.

Got the steering shaft out, master cylinder, brake lines, booster, speedo cable, clutch cable and most of the other stuff in the way.

This was time for a decision to be made, OEM engine bay with a bad ass engine or go full retard and start welding.

So clearly the path has been chosen.

I have been trying to work on my sheetmetal finishing recently and this was some good practice.

This work was all accomplished with very simple tools, but learning to use them better is producing better results.

I pulled the rest of the AC lines out, pulled the harness back into the cabin and finished sanding the inner fenders, its pretty empty. I still have some work to do on the firewall and the upper cowl panel, my plan is the same treatment as the rest of the engine bay.

Lots more work still to do on the old turd, but a little progress is nice.

I am really struggling with whether to paint the engine bay glossy or satin. I love the satin paint on the bay of the F100 and I am leaning that direction.

Thanks for following along.

Sean

Last edited:
As a clarification, I will be running a 6.0 from a 2008 pickup, iron block aluminum heads. I am running a 2010 camaro water pump, ICT Billet power steering pump mount and alternator mount, Holley 302-1 oil pan, Hooker cast exhaust manifolds.

Ill be running the factory ECU and a custom harness for this.

Thanks for listing the parts you?ll be using, it?ll help me down the road. I know you?ve had a custom harness made before, what?s a ballpark on the cost?

Engine bay is looking good. My vote is satin....but not body color.

Thanks for listing the parts you’ll be using, it’ll help me down the road. I know you’ve had a custom harness made before, what’s a ballpark on the cost?

Engine bay is looking good. My vote is satin....but not body color.

Its not cheap for the supercharger setup all in I think I am about $3,500 just for the blower and all accessories to run it.

Would love to see a pic of the f150 engine bay

You would think I would have a better engine bay shot, but here is what I have handy......wish I had painted the firewall the same satin body color that I did the core support and inner fenders in.

Battery in the back?

No, I think I am just going to go with a smaller battery in the factory location, maybe laid down or pushed up close to the inner fender. Some things I have learned with driving things hard and reliability. Easy to get to means easy to work on and troubleshoot. This is not going to be a show car.

From a weight standpoint, I would not mind moving it to the rear, but a small Odyssey is pretty minimal weight wise. Ill likely have to add ballast to the car to get it up to minimum optima weight anyways.

Are you going to single stage paint?

Yes. I have always liked the way the single stage paint looks and functions on these cars and I see no reason to change it.

I managed to get the rest of the metal work done. My buddy used to work at a place where they did a lot of lazer work and he would grab some of the fall pieces from the table and put them in a bin for me. Comes in super handy when you are trying to weld up holes =)

I am thinking about farming out the paint work on this as I am really not setup to paint at the new place at all.

I need to get on pulling the engine from the van and getting it ready to drop in as parts are here waiting.

Happy Monday!!

Sean

My buddy did an lm7 in his 242 and he hid his tiny battery inside the passenger fender with jumper lugs in the bay for ease of jump starting. Let me see if I can find a picture

As a clarification, I will be running a 6.0 from a 2008 pickup, iron block aluminum heads. I am running a 2010 camaro water pump, ICT Billet power steering pump mount and alternator mount, Holley 302-1 oil pan, Hooker cast exhaust manifolds (ceramic coated) LSA supercharger with CTSV top for hood clearances and adapter plates to adapt the cathedral port heads to the square port supercharger. LSA factory fuel injectors and LS9 fuel rails, this will put the fuel connections near the brake booster.

No this is not the lightest setup, no its not a real LSA, yes its a less expensive way to get good power from the 6.0 and lot of people have figured this LSA supercharger on a 6.0 and 5.3 swap out. Power should be plenty north of 500 to the wheels with this setup and all GM reliability. Ill be running the factory ECU and a custom harness for this setup.

Cool, thanks for the explanation. Seems like a good homebrew alternative and cost effective for 500+hp. Can't wait to check it out!

Engine bay is looking nice. Satin beige would be a clean look in a 240 if your F100 is any indication. What engine management did you use for the Coyote swap?

If you haven't already obtained the Hooker cast units, you might want to take a look at Speedway Motors cast stainless Tru-Ram units. Flow characteristics (3" collector vs. 2.25", among other things) are superior to the Hooker unit which should help with your boosted application. And I found the exit location much easier to work with when fabbing the head pipes. fwiw https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Tru-...MI2O-BifPS2gIVBJ7ACh3zggKHEAQYAiABEgKSyfD_BwE

As we said when planning the bachelor party, if you've already got the Hookers, then party on!

Thanks for the f150 pic .you do some great work !!! Glad your back !!
Chuck

Thanks man.

Dig the progress pic of the engine compartment!

Second guessing my decision to take on this big of a project again though...

My buddy did an lm7 in his 242 and he hid his tiny battery inside the passenger fender with jumper lugs in the bay for ease of jump starting. Let me see if I can find a picture

I seriously thought about sinking a box in there, but found a pretty cool little mount for a small Odyssey Battery that should fit with room for the air filter over there still.

Cool, thanks for the explanation. Seems like a good homebrew alternative and cost effective for 500+hp. Can't wait to check it out!

Engine bay is looking nice. Satin beige would be a clean look in a 240 if your F100 is any indication. What engine management did you use for the Coyote swap?

Thank you, I am pretty stoked to check it out also, have a buddy running one and he is hitting the dyno this week, but its a 5.3. I think I am going to go with Gloss so its easy to paint the outside. I really like the satin but hope the bay turns out well enough to look good in gloss.

Ran the Ford Racing coyote control pack with the ford computer. Zero issues with it.

If you haven't already obtained the Hooker cast units, you might want to take a look at Speedway Motors cast stainless Tru-Ram units. Flow characteristics (3" collector vs. 2.25", among other things) are superior to the Hooker unit which should help with your boosted application. And I found the exit location much easier to work with when fabbing the head pipes. fwiw https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Tru-...MI2O-BifPS2gIVBJ7ACh3zggKHEAQYAiABEgKSyfD_BwE

As we said when planning the bachelor party, if you've already got the Hookers, then party on!

That last line is awesome........I already have the hookers so party on. Those Speedway ones look really nice, wish I had seen them before ordering mine. Ill definately keep them in mind if the hookers dont work out =)

stoked to see you doing another volvo

Thanks man, kind of fun. Wish parts were easier to come by these days, seems like 240's are all gone now.

Sean

Had a few days home this weekend so got to work on the engine bay last night and kept going this morning.

Here we go...big box of supplies.

Slinging mud, going for a cleaner than stock look but not all super smoothed out.

About done with several rounds of body filler and sanding. My arms and fingers hurt.

Getting ready to shoot some high build Primer Sealer

Three coats of Evercoat Super Build primer

A few hours of letting it dry and got to work with even more sanding.....320 seemed to perform the best here and I have one half of the bay done, be back on sanding the other side tomorrow.

Was a busy ass day, and I am tired. One bad thing about the move is I dont know anyone down here so nobody to stop by and check out what I am doing or lend a hand when I need it. Rolling solo on this entire thing so far.

Hope to have it in color by mid week.

More parts should show up in the next few days.

Did make some progress on parts. Picked up some R front calipers and front and rear Brembo rotors as well as some killer adapters from STS Machining.

Wish I could get some good suspension parts coming this way.

Seems everyone state side is out of some good quality adjustable coilovers.

Maybe some more progress this week.

Sean

Question on the Ford project: do you know the dimensions of the Coyote motor? I've been tossing around a non-Volvo project idea for awhile involving that motor, but i"m not sure it will fit. The biggest concern is the overall width.

Would this car be legal in California? This isn't a wholly academic question, but one motivated by a degree of self interest (cf. the vulture query earlier in this thread).

Back