• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1980 242 GT. A reasonable project.

How much are you enjoying this trip!!?? Nervousness and excitement im sure!

God speed and hope to see your car there!!

The first thousand miles or so I was pretty nervous, and there have been a few issues along the way, but overall the car is doing quite well. It would really be nice to have had time to get the cruise working... hopefully I'll have a chance to look at that this weekend.

in all the years I owned that car it never left the state... kinda sad, glad to see some real miles being put on her!

Yeah, we want more driving impressions!

It would be remarkably comfortable if I had my cruise working, but even so it's still better than I would have anticipated. I'm rather impressed. 242 with the long doors is markedly better than a small-doored 244/245. (I'm 6'4")

You can tell that I just got it done in time. There is still a lot to do to it, but I really wanted to make this trip, and so far I'm really glad that I didn't leave it behind.

Two other things that I knew at the outset of the trip, but have become more obvious over the course of a long trip like this:

Not spooling the turbo on the freeway is really difficult. The instaspool is something I am a fan of for fun driving and around town, but on the freeway it can reeeeeally suck down gas. In Kansas I got 18.3mpg when I wasn't paying attention to the boost gauge.

3.31 gears would be nice for the freeway. I have 3.73 in there now and it would be nice to drop that cruise RPM a bit. Not at all annoying though, really. The exhaust volume is pretty much perfect. Really happy with that.

Yay! Epic road trips are sod much fun. Good luck and stay safe!

Thanks!

Well aint that something. Finish it up and boom, huge open road trip.

Are you in need of some trim?

Yeah, I really need front and rear 83 turbo bumper trim.

Yes. Such cojones, very miles, many YOLO. Wow.

Pretty much that. I wouldn't have done it without a backup support vehicle (thanks, Justus).

Much plus one.
Looking really good, need more pics!
Amazing. Can't wait to see this in person!

Thanks, guys! I can't wait to get to Portland tonight and then get it cleaned up tomorrow. It's far from done, but I'm just relieved I was able to get it together enough to take it on the trip. Much much more to do.

I'm taking Brandon and his wife out to dinner tonight. You are more than welcome to join (you want to, actually). PM me your number if interested.

We stopped to see the wizard in KC and I heard they have good eye doctors in Missouri so we stopped there to get a piece of metal pulled out of my eye.

But really, we went to Kansas for the barbecue. Turns out it tastes a lot like Thai.

we stopped to see the wizard in kc and i heard they have good eye doctors in missouri so we stopped there to get a piece of metal pulled out of my eye.

But really, we went to kansas for the barbecue. Turns out it tastes a lot like thai.
YEAH WELL MAYBE we would have had it had you not been putting metal in your eye. :-P

After seeing it and watching it shred some backroads around the city I can confirm with mine own eyes that this is a very cool car indeed.

Ok back to bed.

Back